D. Johnson...Please

50 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Duke is one of the most under used and under rated players in the NFL for real.  Been mind blowing how stupid Cleveland was with his career.  Now they have 2 full time studs to carry the rock, so he is expendable.  This guy will be a steal for someone.  

You guys remember Priest Holmes in Baltimore BEFORE he went to Cheifs?  Mediocre RB who flourished in a better situation.  I think Duke can have that type of transition.  Not saying he will be as good as Priest was for those Chiefs, but saying I think you will see a major jump in his production too on a team that makes better use of his skill sets.  

I am ALL FOR trading for him.  Obviously, it needs to make sense.  I wouldnt be surprised if we could get him for one of our extra 5th round picks or maybe our 6th.  RB's just dont hold high trade value.  

100 percent spot on! I would give up a 5 without thinking twice for him. 

Duke is not trash....and ppl need to understand that most RB's are not going to be young Shady no matter what.

That said.....LOTS of needs this year and if we can fill all of the OTHER needs this year (like OL for instance) we could put ourselves into a pretty good position NEXT year to draft a running back high.

Just sayin

On 3/9/2019 at 6:09 PM, John from Riverside said:

Duke is not trash....and ppl need to understand that most RB's are not going to be young Shady no matter what.

That said.....LOTS of needs this year and if we can fill all of the OTHER needs this year (like OL for instance) we could put ourselves into a pretty good position NEXT year to draft a running back high.

Just sayin

Jonathan Taylor

14 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Dont see him coming here unless the FO thinks he can be RB1 next year and after that.

He might be too pricey for what he will ultimately do with this team this year.

I don’t think he needs to be “RB1” or whatever. RBBC is the way to go. He’s more of a James White type. He’s actually more a hybrid slot WR than a RB. A really good player, would take him in a second 

For whatever reason Hue refused to use him, it was egregious

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Jonathan Taylor

I don’t think he needs to be “RB1” or whatever. RBBC is the way to go. He’s more of a James White type. He’s actually more a hybrid slot WR than a RB. A really good player, would take him in a second 

For whatever reason Hue refused to use him, it was egregious

I agree, but if you were Duke...what would you be looking for? A weapon role? or an RB1 role? Hes always thought he has not had a fair shake. My guess is he wants a real opportunity to play the RB1 role.

2 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

I agree, but if you were Duke...what would you be looking for? A weapon role? or an RB1 role? Hes always thought he has not had a fair shake. My guess is he wants a real opportunity to play the RB1 role.

He re-signed last year with Cleveland long-term in the weapon role. He just was ignored. 

37 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Duke doesn’t seem to be able to take that kind of punishment.  He would be in the 3rd down RB/passing down RB/weapon roles.  He can be very productive if he touches are limited.

He’s cheap this year but his compensation ratchets up significantly over the next two seasons. Cleveland is looking for a contributing player in return.  They’d throw in draft compensation as well. I just don’t know who the Bills could trade them that they’d want for a player that might be a 1 year rental. The way around that is if his agent would renegotiate his deal. Cleveland won’t cut him though.  As it stands they can use him up while Hunt is suspended and then part with him. 

39 minutes ago, Ramza86 said:

Lets say he wants to be a RB1.  Wouldn't coming to a team that has the Oldest RBs in the NFL, and a history of being a Run First team be intriguing?

Duke is good and all, but without restructuring his contract, you're paying a guy starting caliber money in 2019 to likely be marginalized with McCoy and Gore playing and then paying him like a roughly top 10 RB after that. It's pretty steep for a guy that's probably best suited as a 3rd down back.

3 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Lets say he wants to be a RB1.  Wouldn't coming to a team that has the Oldest RBs in the NFL, and a history of being a Run First team be intriguing?

Didn't he want to move to being a slot WR last we heard from Duke or am I misremembering that?

Edited by DCOrange

7 minutes ago, DCOrange said:

Duke is good and all, but without restructuring his contract, you're paying a guy starting caliber money in 2019 to likely be marginalized with McCoy and Gore playing and then paying him like a roughly top 10 RB after that. It's pretty steep for a guy that's probably best suited as a 3rd down back.

Didn't he want to move to being a slot WR last we heard from Duke or am I misremembering that?

I don’t know. When they added Landry it seemed redundant to Duke because they have similar strengths but then they ended up having to play Landry on the outside due to their WR situation with trading Gordon and Calloway getting hurt, and Landry’s production went way down. 

If Cleveland is smart they will utilize him a lot while Hunt is suspended, until the trade deadline to get his value up and then trade him, as Hunt is coming back a few weeks after 

Edited by YoloinOhio

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

I don’t know. When they added Landry it seemed redundant to Duke because they have similar strengths but then they ended up having to play Landry on the outside due to their WR situation with trading Gordon and Calloway getting hurt, and Landry’s production went way down. 

If Cleveland is smart they will utilize him a lot while Hunt is suspended, until the trade deadline to get his value up and then trade him, as Hunt is coming back a few weeks after 

If CLE is Smart they would only take Nick Chubb off the field when he needs a breather

Edited by MAJBobby