The Clear Path in This Draft.

6 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Riemersma was a 7th-round pick. I believe Kevin Everett was a 3rd-round pick. Other than Everett, when's the last time we spent a fourth or higher on a TE?

(Not rhetorical -- I really can't recall. ?).

Tim Euhus comes to mind but that was 16 years ago and didn't work out well.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

And what were those guys doing going after Antonio Brown anyway?  I guess all the "process" and "culture" talk was in fact BS, just like it smelled like, all along!

The guy loves football and would be one of the hardest workers in ANY locker room...he just has a huge personality.

So, in terms of that, he fits the process and the culture.

Beane AND McDermott have already said those are the two biggest and most important things they want in a player...love for the game and a solid work ethic.

• Like (+1) 1

12 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Riemersma was a 7th-round pick. I believe Kevin Everett was a 3rd-round pick. Other than Everett, when's the last time we spent a fourth or higher on a TE?

Shawn Nelson from Mizzo he was a 4th Rd pk I believe in 2008.

Edited by BillsFan1988
  • Like (+1) 2

3 hours ago, Trust The Process said:

Not by the looks of it in the Senior Bowl where he posted a Julian Edelman-esque 7 catches for 74 yards, one rushing carry for 14 yards, and 1 TD.

He was awful in one on ones in practice. So what his success in the game tells me is that he is a good option when others guys are pulling away the coverage. Also the game is  meaningless for the most part. Teams play generic vanilla defense and he's playing corners who aren't really good. Good luck against real NFL corners. That's all I'm saying. I'm not saying he won't succeed, but he's a #4. 

8 hours ago, 1ZAYDAY1 said:

I’m 100% for TE WR rd 1&2

I like 

1. TJ Hockenson 

2. AJ Brown/Deebo Samuels/Riley Ridley/Parris Campbell.... in that order.  Isabella is definitely a possibility at 40 but I like your idea of moving back up in the 2nd and using 40 maybe on best Defense available 

I would love this.  Assuming we loaded up in free agency on O line.  

• Like (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, Golden Goat said:

Rueben Gant was a #1 in 77 or 78 if I remember correct.  And Tony Hunter was drafted before Jim Kelly

• Like (+1) 1

11 hours ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Who's on your list for first WR taken? I'm a Hollywood/Metcalf guy. Not sold on Harry or Butler. I like AJ Brown as well, but below Metcalf and Brown.

I’m personally fine with Metcalf at 9 although I don’t think he’ll be BPA there. Beyond him, my preferred choice is Deebo Samuel or N’Keal Harry at 40 (Harry is probably a stretch there, but I wouldn’t take him at 9).

10 hours ago, DefenseWins said:

I'm not much of a college football fan. But if Stanley Morgan Jr is anything like his father, I'd be in favor of drafting him in one of the later rounds. (assuming the Patriots don't draft him before us) I always thought his father was a helluva player...

I think he’s a really underrated WR prospect. 

https://thedraftnetwork.com/articles/video-content-stanleys-morgan-vertical-route-running

• Like (+1) 1