Are we a candidate for hard knocks?

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

If Antonio Brown goes to Oakland that will be an easy decision.

Definitely. Even without Antonio Brown I think it will be Oakland. Gruden is a personality, seeing how he meshes with Carr is a good story line. Add in an impending move to Vegas and 3 first rounders and it’s a great spot for Hard Knocks. 

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

While Bills fans will love it, I can't really think of a more uninteresting team. Watching Josh Allen work hard on a farm, taking his vitamins, and going to church? Watch Lorax volunteering his time at a soup kitchen? Star Lotuleilei trying to convert guys to Mormonism? 

The only things the show would have working for it Kim Pegula, Rachel Bush, and a dreamy Matt Milano. Oh and a drugged up naked Zay Jones. 

Damn, I was against it even though we don’t fit the requisites, but now... I volunteer as tribute. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

I cannot believe that this staff would even, for a second, consider doing something so undermining, public, and detrimental to a team.

Not a cut on the OP, as I know many would like this too, but there are dramatically more negatives this positives for participating teams. 

This staff  is all about the TEAM---I cannot think of a more negative thing for a team than airing internal decisions, opinions, and conflicts for all to see.

Such a serious minded, team oriented guy  like McDermott subjecting the inner workings of his team to national television?  No way, will never happen.

(That is for people like Rex Ryan and Hugh Jackson.)

Edited by Mister Defense

28 minutes ago, Mister Defense said:

I cannot believe that this staff would even, for a second, consider doing something so undermining, public, and detrimental to a team.

Not a cut on the OP, as I know many would like this too, but there are dramatically more negatives this positives for participating teams. 

This staff  is all about the TEAM---I cannot think of a more negative thing for a team than airing internal decisions, opinions, and conflicts for all to see.

Such a serious minded, team oriented guy  like McDermott subjecting the inner workings of his team to national television?  No way, will never happen.

(That is for people like Rex Ryan and Hugh Jackson.)

Except thats such an over exaggerated thing to say.  What people dont understand is that there are already cameras around them all camp and preseason.  HBO crew doesnt change that a lot.  The biggest difference is the additional depth with interviews and the bigger audience that sees it.  Many coaches have said they felt it got the best out of the players because they didnt want to look bad or mess up on camera.  

I never understood why fans over exaggerate this point.  These guys are around cameras 24/7 during every football season.  

• Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Except thats such an over exaggerated thing to say.  What people dont understand is that there are already cameras around them all camp and preseason.  HBO crew doesnt change that a lot.  The biggest difference is the additional depth with interviews and the bigger audience that sees it.  Many coaches have said they felt it got the best out of the players because they didnt want to look bad or mess up on camera.  

I never understood why fans over exaggerate this point.  These guys are around cameras 24/7 during every football season.  

Come on.  This is dramatically more pervasive and intrusive than normal coverage.  Only poor teams and showboat leaders would want that for their team.  I almost guarantee you that I am right and this current coach would never even consider such a thing.

Generally speaking, this is why the poor organizations, like the Bengals--, twice, and the Browns, and Dolphins are the teams---and those thinking any publicity is good, such as the Cowboys (twice).  Those teams, to me, are the opposite kind of organizations that we now have in Buffalo, which is a very good thing.

3 hours ago, Mister Defense said:

Come on.  This is dramatically more pervasive and intrusive than normal coverage.  Only poor teams and showboat leaders would want that for their team.  I almost guarantee you that I am right and this current coach would never even consider such a thing.

Generally speaking, this is why the poor organizations, like the Bengals--, twice, and the Browns, and Dolphins are the teams---and those thinking any publicity is good, such as the Cowboys (twice).  Those teams, to me, are the opposite kind of organizations that we now have in Buffalo, which is a very good thing.

I disagree. I think the Bills NEED some pub. They're not a candidate this season, but I wouldn't mind it at all.

5 hours ago, Warcodered said:

I also doubt they'd do it since last year they did their own thing with that Bill's embedded thing which was a pretty cool inside look during offseason. And with that they have complete control over what they put out there.

I’m pretty sure the teams have representatives in the Hard Knocks editing room. They can push whatever narrative they want. We saw it last year with the Browns. The episode where Corey Coleman was traded all they did was trash him the entire episode. 

Edited by Bills2ref

I don't know why people are poo-pooing the OP's asking and wanting the Bills doing this. As a fa I would love to see the Bills inner workings. Also, I don't think the Bills would be as adverse to this as many think. One it may help kill the terrible negative stereotype that Buffalo is the NFL Siberia. Also, didn't the Bills do something similar just last year? Yes, it was a mini version and obviously flawed as it was a Bills media creation but it still was cool to see. Even if the Bills don't do Hard Knocks I hope they do that at least again this year.

That would be almost as bad as a return of Rex. 

5 hours ago, {::'KayCeeS::} said:

Why would we want to be?

It’s forced Reality TV and pure garbage that is not good for the team. I’d NEVER want that for my team. TEAMS don’t want it. Give it to the Cheaters* as punishment.