Can anyone actually name the media members who trashed the Bills?

50 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

BC, I like Jeremy White, but man has he been pissing and moaning on the radio and on Twitter.

Honestly, too, I think he is taking his Sabres frustration out on the Bills.  How can anyone be complaining about the direction and potential of this team?  Everyone knew last year was a step back year and we made it through and look like we have our QB, but people like Jeremy want to put them in the same boat as the Sabres.  

They are one year removed from the playoffs, have 80 million in cap space, have 10 picks, have the number 2 defense in the League, have a surprising stud like Foster on the offense, and NOW are going after people...so get over it already.

I can’t imagine if the Bills finished in last place 3 out of 4 years what he would be saying.

It's easy for us to sell this hope as fans, but the players all know that it takes more than just available money to get people to the Bills. Let's look at it objectively.

You're an elite player at your position with the ability to essentially certificate veto a trade by just retiring because you're financially set for life. Your agent approaches you and tells you that the team that is trying to trade for you has the following on the offense you'll be joining:

QB: A second year pro who was seen as a high variance prospect with a low floor and sky high ceiling. His rookie season showed flashes of potential and it can be said his floor has been raised, but the accuracy issues, struggles to read the whole field and tendency to run when under pressure continued to show up, just as detailed in the run up to the draft.

HB: This team employs two of the oldest active RBs in the NFL. The starter and backup will be 31 in 2019. The 3rd stringer will turn 28 during the 2019 season.

WR: This is a collection of misfit toys. Their 2nd round pick from a few years ago has struggled mightily to consistently produce. The deep threat was a UDFA and a pleasant surprise. The rest are waiver wire adds and speculative players.

TE: One converted from WR after college, the other from QB after flaming out in the NFL. Neither can block.

OL: One position is set. Whether that guy best fits at left tackle, right tackle or guard remains to be seen, but he's definitely a long term NFL starter. There's a journeyman interior guy they just signed that can probably start. The center has consistently graded out as one of the worst in the league for his entire career. There's lots of young depth they are trying to develop.

Alright, so there it is. They have a lot of cap space this off-season but need to fix basically the entire offensive side of the ball. You plug one of 9 holes. Are you signing up for this?

Edited by JM57
  • Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, JM57 said:

It's easy for us to sell this hope as fans, but the players all know that it takes more than just available money to get people to the Bills. Let's look at it objectively.

You're an elite player at your position with the ability to essentially certificate veto a trade by just retiring because you're financially set for life. Your agent approaches you and tells you that the team that is trying to trade for you has the following on the offense you'll be joining:

QB: A second year pro who was seen as a high variance prospect with a low floor and sky high ceiling. His rookie season showed flashes of potential and it can be said his floor has been raised, but the accuracy issues, struggles to read the whole field and tendency to run when under pressure continued to show up, just as detailed in the run up to the draft.

HB: This team employs two of the oldest active RBs in the NFL. The starter and backup will be 31 in 2019. The 3rd stringer will turn 28 during the 2019 season.

WR: This is a collection of misfit toys. Their 2nd round pick from a few years ago has struggled mightily to consistently produce. The deep threat was a UDFA and a pleasant surprise. The rest are waiver wire adds and speculative players.

TE: One converted from WR after college, the other from QB after flaming out in the NFL. Neither can block.

OL: One position is set. Whether that guy best fits at left tackle, right tackle or guard remains to be seen, but he's definitely a long term NFL starter. There's a journeyman interior guy they just signed that can probably start. The center has consistently graded out as one of the worst in the league for his entire career. There's lots of young depth they are trying to develop.

Alright, so there it is. They have a lot of cap space this off-season but need to fix basically the entire offensive side of the ball. You plug one of 9 holes. Are you signing up for this?

JM, great post.

However, the thing is you may not get elite players, but you are likely to get players you want and need.  Everybody isn't going to say "no."

Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde came here and that was when things were worse.  Were they as known comodities then?  No, of course not, but they are now and we are better for it.

AB wants the money and the limelight.  No, he is not going to get that in Buffalo.  Hell, he may not get that in B-Lo even if we were 10-6 last year and our QB threw 30 TDs.

Please keep in mind the team was stripped, AND had a 50 million dollar dead cap space hand tied behind its back.

They don't anymore more.

Is there any denial that this team will be more talented than last year's team?  Even moderate gains will be gains, and our QB now has a year under his belt.  They will get help where needed.

There is no reason...THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO BE OPTIMISTIC.

To the point of my post, where are the sabres right now?  Other than the 10 game streak for the fourth time in five years they are worst team in hockey.  I still think that is where most of his angst is coming from.

I don't know whether you follow JW, but I do and it was getting kind of tiresome, both on the morning show and on twitter.

Edited by dollars 2 donuts
  • Like (+1) 2

40 minutes ago, dollars 2 donuts said:

JM, great post.

However, the thing is you may not get elite players, but you are likely to get players you want and need.  Everybody isn't going to say "no."

Jordan Poyer and Micah Hyde came here and that was when things were worse.  Were they as known comodities then?  No, of course not, but they are now and we are better for it.

AB wants the money and the limelight.  No, he is not going to get that in Buffalo.  Hell, he may not get that in B-Lo even if we were 10-6 last year and our QB threw 30 TDs.

Please keep in mind the team was stripped, AND had a 50 million dollar dead cap space hand tied behind its back.

They don't anymore more.

Is there any denial that this team will be more talented than last year's team?  Even moderate gains will be gains, and our QB now has a year under his belt.  They will get help where needed.

There is no reason...THERE IS NO REASON NOT TO BE OPTIMISTIC.

To the point of my post, where are the sabres right now?  Other than the 10 game streak for the fourth time in five years they are worst team in hockey.  I still think that is where most of his angst is coming from.

I don't know whether you follow JW, but I do and it was getting kind of tiresome, both on the morning show and on twitter.

I agree. Not everyone wants the spotlight and the big city. Mario Williams was just a country kid who happened to be a giant human with special football talent. He didn't want LA or NYC. It was nice. The fact is if the team can get some more talent in here and start winning, they might actually stand a chance at getting the elite guys too. I've been waiting my entire adult life for that to happen, of course.

• Like (+1) 1

Throughout the 1990's, Buffalo had no problems attracting and signing quality free agents - Ted Washington, Byrce Paup, Chris Speilman; hell we signed Jim Jeffcoat from the Cowboys and paid him three million a year to rush the QB on third down. Back then, the Bills were a winner and a quality organization; why the the tear down and rebuild is taking place after 16 years of trash.

• Like (+1) 1

10 hours ago, Andy1 said:

The two idiots on ESPN radio last night described the Bills as the worst destination for a player. A desolate outpost that no one would ever want to go to, with no quarterback. They are morons that sadly continue to push that narrative. Winning is the way to overcome it all though. 

Turning off radio works well.

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, papazoid said:

it's all about winning vs losing

that simple

winning = respect

losing = butt of jokes and ridicule

it has nothing to do with the city, area, people

NOTHING? Miami has been bad for awhile now and I'm 100 percent sure we wouldn't have seen what we saw on social media regarding the AB situation.

It doesn't bother me. Winning creates stars which creates buzz which leads to FA acquisitions. That's on the FO. For the foreseeable future, our fate is tied to Josh Allen.

Edited by BillsSB2020

Tim Benz is a Tribune-Review staff writer. You can contact Tim at tbenz@tribweb.com or via Twitter.  Bookmark this twitter handle and let's unleash the bills mafia on him when we play Pittsburgh this year. 

From the article in the link below. 

"I would’ve loved to see Antonio Browns reaction to playing with Josh Allen and his 67 passer rating, dealing with triple coverage, a creaky old stadium, a team with a 6-10 record and a history that hasn’t seen a playoff win since 1995.

I wouldn’t have minded if the Steelers only got a seventh-round pick and spare kicking tee in return for Brown, the thought of him stuck in Buffalo gave me great joy."

Tim Benz 

http://triblive.com/sports/tim-benz-basking-in-mockery-of-antonio-brown-reportedly-going-to-bills/

Colin Cowherd

Stephen A Smith

Keyshon Johnson

Fred Rogin

Rodney Pete

....everybody felt it neccessary to jump on the "Buffalo is Siberia" bandwagon yesterday.  Very trendy. Not getting this aging prima dona was the best thing that could've happened yesterday. Let the Raiders be dumb enough to sign in.

14 hours ago, 78thealltimegreat said:

I know Rotowworld did as well as Jane Slater of the NFL Network but the media I’ve seen today seemed to be pretty much in Buffalos corner I mean Adam Schein really let Antonio Brown have it on his radio show today 

Schein likes the Bills.

• Like (+1) 1