[Vague Title] The Night's Watch

15 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The national sports media simply doesn’t pay attention to Buffalo and usually don’t know what they’re talking about.

I was listening to Fox Sports Radio on the way home from work early this morning and the two hosts were talking about this.  One of them said AB will regret not going to Buffalo, that the Bills are a lot closer to contending than the Raiders are.

The other guy scoffed and said the Raiders were closer and then said a bunch of stuff about Josh Allen and the Bills that was simply not accurate.  He was woefully uninformed about the Bills but that didn’t slow him down. 

He’s supposed to be a professional sports commentator and know his stuff.  Instead, he sounded like any other half drunk loud mouth spouting off about the Bills at the bar of an Applebee’s in an airport concourse waiting for his flight.

They only need to really know about 10 teams to keep the majority of NFL fans tuning in … Pats, Cowboys, Packers, a few others.  

FWIW, Bill Polian when on NFL radio consistently supports McDermott and JA.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

They only need to really know about 10 teams to keep the majority of NFL fans tuning in … Pats, Cowboys, Packers, a few others.  

FWIW, Bill Polian when on NFL radio consistently supports McDermott and JA.

Pat Kirwan on moving the chains (NFL Radio on Sirius) is pretty good about Buffalo. He calls things as they are. He’s probably my favorite national personality. 

2 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

He’s supposed to be a professional sports commentator and know his stuff.  Instead, he sounded like any other half drunk loud mouth spouting off about the Bills at the bar of an Applebee’s in an airport concourse waiting for his flight.

Do they have Applebee's in airports @teef @Royale with Cheese?

• Haha (+1) 1

On 3/8/2019 at 10:10 PM, Success said:

I tend to feel the same way - but the reaction on twitter and elsewhere yesterday was cartoonishly over the top.

I’m well used to the fair share of abuse we get as Bills fans, but was genuinely floored by how extreme it was yesterday.  I’ll definitely think about it and smile as we win the division and hoist the Lombardi.

Generally speaking, I put people who make fun of buffalo into two camps:

1) ignorant - they’ve never been to Buffalo and just parrot things they’ve heard. 

2) Wildly insecure - they have a serious inferiority complex and try to make themselves feel better by telling themselves and others that the way they live and place they live is somehow superior and more fulfilling than people who live in other places.

In my experience, the more condescending and nasty people are, the more likely they fall into the second cohort. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

jeez... Give it a rest! Who cares what some say about Buffalo? If you do, then its on you. At some point in time, most of the large U.S. cities have been disparaged for one reason or another.

On 3/9/2019 at 8:45 AM, JOE IN HAMPTON ROADS said:

I love this.  In December we can change the home game battle cry to "Winter is here!"  

Having just binge watched season 7, my personal moniker has become:  "I drink, and I know things."

It's actually a good concept by the OP even though I disagree with the premise. 

18 minutes ago, #34fan said:

Umm... Isn't the night's watch comprised, of criminals, degenerates, and unwanted family members?

I think I'd rather be labeled a wildling.

Jon Snow bro.

I've actually written the final season myself. Everyone dies. I find the show ok but the hype around it a bit annoying. Everyone dies. First episode Arya dies. Within the first 30 seconds. Then snow like 5 minutes later and the midget 5 minutes after that. All the known characters die episode 1. Then have all the characters in passing come to the forefront. They'll all say it's genius while it's just getting these idiots to buy old seasons or rewatch episodes.

As soon as LeBetard's show comes on I turn it off.  I never heard his Buffalo comments.  I just can't stand him.  He comes across as a comedian wannabe, yet he's not the least bit funny.

On 3/10/2019 at 9:49 AM, dubs said:

Generally speaking, I put people who make fun of buffalo into two camps:

1) ignorant - they’ve never been to Buffalo and just parrot things they’ve heard. 

2) Wildly insecure - they have a serious inferiority complex and try to make themselves feel better by telling themselves and others that the way they live and place they live is somehow superior and more fulfilling than people who live in other places.

In my experience, the more condescending and nasty people are, the more likely they fall into the second cohort. 

I love how people put up the "there's nothing to do there" argument.  90% of the time people are just at home, watching TV, or playing around on their phone.  

I can afford to go on 2 vacations a year - I own a home on a relatively modest income - I can get drunk places for like 25 dollars if I so desire - 2 Pro sports teams if that's your thing.  There's a really neat bar scene here, lots of good food choices, shea's if you like live theater.  

The only thing I wish was that there was a better music scene.  Rapids theater is awful, and the town ballroom is too small for mid-tier acts.  The local bands also all mostly kind of suck.  Not much original stuff coming out of here, and we don't bring in a lot of good stuff.  

But the "nothing to do" people never really bring up the things that they do.  Is it like - boating?  Do you boat a lot?  Or hiking or something?  Cuz if all you do is go to bars on the weekend (as most people in boston/ny/miami do) then you can do that here.  Hell you can do that pretty much anywhere.  

[This is an automated response]

As a courtesy to the other board members, please use more descriptive topic titles. A better title will help the community find information faster and make your topic more likely to be read. The topic starter can edit the topic title line to make it more appropriate.

Thank you.

9 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I've actually written the final season myself. Everyone dies. I find the show ok but the hype around it a bit annoying. Everyone dies. First episode Arya dies. Within the first 30 seconds. Then snow like 5 minutes later and the midget 5 minutes after that. All the known characters die episode 1. Then have all the characters in passing come to the forefront. They'll all say it's genius while it's just getting these idiots to buy old seasons or rewatch episodes.

LOL that's a pretty good read on GoT.

"If you think this has a happy ending … you havnt been paying attention."

• Like (+1) 1