[Vague Title] The Night's Watch

3 hours ago, Success said:

I tend to feel the same way - but the reaction on twitter and elsewhere yesterday was cartoonishly over the top.

I’m well used to the fair share of abuse we get as Bills fans, but was genuinely floored by how extreme it was yesterday.  I’ll definitely think about it and smile as we win the division and hoist the Lombardi.

It was over the top. Serius XM radio was just as bad tonight too.  And reading people trash the team here and then hide behind some cowardly “the truth hurts “ crap is just as bad as what’s been going on the last couple days.  I was hoping to see some concerted Bills mafia-ish effort against some of this but it doesn’t seem like anyone really cares about it this time. Disappointing.  Well, anything like what the OP is suggesting would be a nice idea.

Edited by bobblehead
  • Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I have watched the city of Buffalo and our football team be pilloried over the last 18 hours by the entire sports media complex.  AB was being sent to "Siberia",  he was being sent "North of the Wall, to the Night's Watch."   "The Steelers are trading him to Buffalo to punish him."  The Bills are a terrible team.  Josh Allen is trash.  Buffalo is trash.  Nobody wants to play in Buffalo...

I hope every member of the Bills is listening to this crap.  I hope it pisses them off.

I hope we as fans embrace this and run with it.  I hope our new offensive line is full of pissed off bad asses and their nickname becomes the Night's Watch. They want to make it an insult, I hope the Bills wear it as a badge of honor.

Winter is Coming?  You're damn right it is....

Josh Allen.jpeg

I couldn’t agree more. It’s total bs that everything about Buffalo got trashed because of some ego ####### who doesn’t want to play here. Go ask Shady what he thinks of Buffalo. Here’s a guy that got blindsided in a trade and “got sent to Buffalo”. I love the letter of dedication that he wrote at the end of the 2017 season. He bought in and others had and has bought in as well. I agree, build the biggest, baddest snot dripping hogs for the OL and call them “The Wall”. Then go out there and smash every ***** out there that ridiculed our organization and region. In addition I want to say that I hope and think that Beane took this personal. I like him, I think that he’s totally committed and not just from a personal standpoint but more importantly from a community standpoint. He strikes me as someone who is unapologetic and could care less what others on the outside think and that he has no problem striking back and wanting others to realize why. No quit, no surrender. The mantra of us against the world never fit so well. Btw, I LOVE the picture! Go Bills!

Edited by Tipster19
  • Like (+1) 2

it has nothing to do with the actual city, region, people, etc....

a little to do with the weather...

mostly to do with the likelihood of not making the playoffs.  a recent 17 year drought, the 32nd ranked QB, coaching carousel, no other pro bowlers/lack of talent

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I have watched the city of Buffalo and our football team be pilloried over the last 18 hours by the entire sports media complex.  AB was being sent to "Siberia",  he was being sent "North of the Wall, to the Night's Watch."   "The Steelers are trading him to Buffalo to punish him."  The Bills are a terrible team.  Josh Allen is trash.  Buffalo is trash.  Nobody wants to play in Buffalo...

I hope every member of the Bills is listening to this crap.  I hope it pisses them off.

I hope we as fans embrace this and run with it.  I hope our new offensive line is full of pissed off bad asses and their nickname becomes the Night's Watch.  I hope fans show up to games next year dressed as the Night's Watch.  They want to make it an insult, I hope the Bills wear it as a badge of honor.

Josh Allen.jpeg

I love this.  In December we can change the home game battle cry to "Winter is here!"  

Having just binge watched season 7, my personal moniker has become:  "I drink, and I know things."

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

In what hour did he say that, I'm only through hour 1. He basically said the Bills don't throw throw to receivers and he can freeze for the rest of his career in Buffalo. He's just as harsh on the dolphins and jets as he is on the Bills in terms of how bad they've been.

I'm not surprised that someone who got perturbed over a thread about who should lead the charge that was actually a joke would be so annoyed by laughter. 

That was actually a good idea....wasted....and political.  (I got a warning for less one time.) I wasn’t perturbed. I was disappointed at the waste. We can agree to disagree once again. I love laughter, I am not a huge fane of their silliness and giggling at each other to fill air time when I rarely find anything that humorous. JMO. To each their own. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 hours ago, Augie said:

Is that better or worse than carp? I’m so confused on this topic. We need an expert to straighten this out. Do we have any reasident experts? Paging @ExiledInIllinois!

To the rest of you, you are welcome for the education that just may follow. 

Okay... Since I responded to @BringBackFergy...I will respond to this.

Some of the best smallie fishing in the world is done here in Chicago by the lock.  Smallmouth like "stucture"... It's nothing but structure here, concrete floor, sheet piling/metal cells... I-beams... You can walk the barges in an see the huge smallmouth that lurk below in the cyrstal clear zebra mussel filtered water 

This was caught last May... Right at lock gates, notice sector (lock) gates in background.  It's off limits to fishing except for the chosen few thay attemp to do "research" fishing... LoL... Wink Wink...

To think... 40 years ago, nothing but sludge worms could live in this "industrial wasteland" and land of SuperFund sites.  Bald eagles are here roosting and staying year round:

20190308_220215.jpg

20180212_124337.jpg

• Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Ignorance is bliss.  I read that AB was coming here, then read it was "fake news" and moved on with my day.  I missed out on all the outrage, and consequently am happy and content today.  I'm sure FA will provide more butt hurt opportunities though?

Understood.

Yet... How does a team like Buffalo compete in environments like this?

If Bills were in Toronto, would Antonio Brown have nixed the trade?

Edited by ExiledInIllinois
  • Thank you (+1) 1

19 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

I hope we as fans embrace this and run with it.  I hope our new offensive line is full of pissed off bad asses and their nickname becomes the Night's Watch.  I hope fans show up to games next year dressed as the Night's Watch.  They want to make it an insult, I hope the Bills wear it as a badge of honor.

Josh Allen.jpeg

All the AB crap aside, this would make an awesome t-shirt. 

19 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Josh Allen.jpeg

AWESOME POST

1 hour ago, ExiledInIllinois said:

Yet... How does a team like Buffalo compete in environments like this?

Isn't it the same as always - money?  My understanding is in AB's case he wanted his contract redone, and probably would've been open to OBJ money but the FO didn't offer that.  Gotta sometimes pay above market rate if you really want a difference maker.  In this case, I'm glad they didn't.

Im glad we took a shot at AB, I didn't think it would be a good fit but I'm glad Beanie went through the process to even have a chance at him. What really pisses my off is all these media outlets that slam the Buffalo area any chance that they get. I am the total opposite of being thin skinned when it comes to this crap but it still pisses me off. I absolutely love just talking football and discussing other people's opinions "except with Pats fans because they are total D-Bags".We always open up a tab and buy a bunch of local Bills fans shots and beers and it's always a great time. These media personalities that said all that uncalled for crap towards Buffalo really need to stop doing it. 90% of the media haters have never even been there to experience how truly amazing it is to watch the sea of Red, White, and Blue fill that stadium and transfer an amazing amount of energy to those players. 

20 hours ago, Inigo Montoya said:

Josh Allen.jpeg

I like the North Wall for the O-Line

The Night Watch I love for the secondary

The national sports media simply doesn’t pay attention to Buffalo and usually don’t know what they’re talking about.

I was listening to Fox Sports Radio on the way home from work early this morning and the two hosts were talking about this.  One of them said AB will regret not going to Buffalo, that the Bills are a lot closer to contending than the Raiders are.

The other guy scoffed and said the Raiders were closer and then said a bunch of stuff about Josh Allen and the Bills that was simply not accurate.  He was woefully uninformed about the Bills but that didn’t slow him down. 

He’s supposed to be a professional sports commentator and know his stuff.  Instead, he sounded like any other half drunk loud mouth spouting off about the Bills at the bar of an Applebee’s in an airport concourse waiting for his flight.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

2 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

The national sports media simply doesn’t pay attention to Buffalo and usually don’t know what they’re talking about.

I was listening to Fox Sports Radio on the way home from work early this morning and the two hosts were talking about this.  One of them said AB will regret not going to Buffalo, that the Bills are a lot closer to contending than the Raiders are.

The other guy scoffed and said the Raiders were closer and then said a bunch of stuff about Josh Allen and the Bills that was simply not accurate.  He was woefully uninformed about the Bills but that didn’t slow him down. 

He’s supposed to be a professional sports commentator and know his stuff.  Instead, he sounded like some half drunk loud mouth spouting off about the Bills at the bar of an Applebee’s in an airport concourse waiting for his flight.

Ross Tucker on the Dan Patrick Show said how much he loved playing for Buffalo, and he played for four other teams in his 7 year career.  It seems everyone who's played for us loves it after the fact, even if they weren't so excited before!

• Like (+1) 2