Jordan poyer & AB spat?

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

I can’t stress this enough:  THERE IS NO EVIDENCE TO THIS BEING REAL.  

Literally none.  What really happened is that a random twitter account made a comment on a tweet saying that AB slept with her.  That’s it.  Every single news outlet literally quoted this one random tweet reply from a no name twitter account.

Never once has AB, Poyer, or Bush ever mentioned one word of this nor has anyone actually investigated it to provide any authenticity to the story.  All that’s ever happened is people quoting this one meaningless twitter reply from someone with no connection to anyone involved.  

Its MUCH more likely to be a false story than real.  The fact Beane was willing to trade for him only furthers the likelihood it’s all fake news and didn’t happen.

Yes we want to see the tape if it did. That will prove it. 

• Haha (+1) 1

12 hours ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Safeties aren't paid to be glorified linebackers anymore. Linebackers are paid to be glorified safeties.

10 hours ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Well they say it is a passing league now so I guess that's half decent.

8 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

If your safeties are the reason your run defense sucks then you already have a problem. 

That's how you end up with the 2010 defense. It wasn't good. It's an antiquated philosophy.  

Yes, it's a passing league.  But when you are as bad against the run as the Bills are, you end up 18th in points allowed.  The Bills gave up over 220 yards rushing 3 times last year, and lost 2 of those games (lucjily the hapless Jags was the other game).  In the other 2 games, the Bills D gave up only 156 (Colts) and 117 (NE) yards passing.

When you can't stop the run, the math gets easy for the opposing team.

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Yes, it's a passing league.  But when you are as bad against the run as the Bills are, you end up 18th in points allowed.  The Bills gave up over 220 yards rushing 3 times last year, and lost 2 of those games (lucjily the hapless Jags was the other game).  In the other 2 games, the Bills D gave up only 156 (Colts) and 117 (NE) yards passing.

Also when your offense is as bad as it was last year keeping the defense on the field as long as it did, the math should tell you that plays into effect also. Every part of the team can improve obviously, but I'm not going to believe rush defense by itself was a sole problem.

59 minutes ago, Patrick_Duffy said:

Also when your offense is as bad as it was last year keeping the defense on the field as long as it did, the math should tell you that plays into effect also. Every part of the team can improve obviously, but I'm not going to believe rush defense by itself was a sole problem.

The Bills Offense ran 1008 plays.  Opponents' O ran 968 plays.  40 fewer plays, but scored over 100 more points.  The O was on the field slightly more than the D.

It may be a passing league, but fielding 4 CBs isn't going to going to cut it for long,

Image result for poyer stiff arm hyde you tube

Edited by Mr. WEO

49 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Bills Offense ran 1008 plays.  Opponents' O ran 968 plays.  40 fewer plays, but scored over 100 more points.  The O was on the field slightly more than the D.

It may be a passing league, but fielding 4 CBs isn't going to going to cut it for long,

Image result for poyer stiff arm hyde you tube

Do those point stats take Peterman into account? I feel like he may be responsible for that 100 point difference.

Poyer needs to go low to avoid those stiff arms. Yikes. 

2 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

The Colts game was a disaster on the ground. I'll give you that. The Pats game was odd in that there was so much misdirection. I feel like McD got outcoached in that one more than anything.

I'm more disappointed in the 2018 FA signee who is above reproach than I am in someone like Poyer who's primary responsibility is coverage. The big key in the run game will be Edmunds development, who was also underwhelming as a 20 year old starting MLB. Wouldn't be opposed to shifting him outside and bringing in a steady presence in the middle, but it doesn't appear they'll go that route.

• Like (+1) 1