One Bills Live was hilarious today.

2 hours ago, vorpma said:

Really silly post; no one on this board is "strangely welcoming of that fact or even embracing" losing; most of us understand that winning is not going to happen over night and will take time after 16 years of really bad organizational decisions and an ingrained losing culture. Sorry kids, you can throw temper tantrums all day and scream for your fast food happy meal much like what happened from 2001 - 2017; the rest of us want long term sustained success, understand the game and will give this regime a chance. 

There aren't enough Brandon Beane talking points in this post. Its close, but a few more can be added.

Now, as far as this "long term sustained success" goes,  I'm not sure how trying to trade for a 31 year old wr, and using 20-25% of the available cap space on him is geared toward long term sustained success.

The aborted move pretty much goes against everything these two have preached since they got here.  And...it is was type of move that the much hated prior regimes had done. But THIS time it would have been different, because those regimes sucked, and these guys are smart!

Antonio Brown saved Beane from himself by saying he'd refuse to report.

Let's hope Beane learned something from the experience.  He has so much learning to do, and so little time to learn it.

2 minutes ago, CookieG said:

There aren't enough Brandon Beane talking points in this post. Its close, but a few more can be added.

Now, as far as this "long term sustained success" goes,  I'm not sure how trying to trade for a 31 year old wr, and using 20-25% of the available cap space on him is geared toward long term sustained success.

The aborted move pretty much goes against everything these two have preached since they got here.  And...it is was type of move that the much hated prior regimes had done. But THIS time it would have been different, because those regimes sucked, and these guys are smart!

Let's hope Beane learned something from the experience.  He has so much learning to do, and so little time to learn it.

Completely disagree. What it showed me was that Beane is WILLING to learn on the job. They would prefer a team full of soup kitchen volunteers, but they're faced with the reality that an infusion of TOP talent is needed. It also demonstrated that they're in win now mode and can't sell the process forever.

I have alot more faith in McBeane than I did before the AB situation.

• Like (+1) 1

34 minutes ago, The Bills Blog said:

The problem is that they always claim to not be PR or have inside info. They're lying, so we're calling them on it. That's all.

Ohhhh. Killin it from behind the keyboard! nasty! 

24 minutes ago, CookieG said:

Not doubting you but link? I have heard this espoused on here and FB several times but have yet to see a link. Anyone got proof or is it just hearsay?  

9 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Completely disagree. What it showed me was that Beane is WILLING to learn on the job. They would prefer a team full of soup kitchen volunteers, but they're faced with the reality that an infusion of TOP talent is needed. It also demonstrated that they're in win now mode and can't sell the process forever.

Well, that's a positive spin without simply regurgitating the company line, so I like it. I think there are a few ways to look at it. 

I am now, and have been, a firm believer that he should have brought in an offensive guru in the scouting/gm area to engineer the rebuild on this side of the ball.

It might be nice that he's willing to throw around a bit of money, but its going to take more than that.

• Like (+1) 1

46 minutes ago, CookieG said:

And not enough negative points in your post; you too must have a well placed inside source or an exclusive hotline to Beane. So many experts to offer critiques and so little time!

47 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Good post - no matter what McDermott and Beane do the "passing fancy fans" will not be happy; many of those screaming for instantaneous results are the same ones the threw temper tantrums throughout the failure of the last 16 years! They want reality TV condensed to a half hour SITCOM and kept very basic.

23 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

Not doubting you but link? I have heard this espoused on here and FB several times but have yet to see a link. Anyone got proof or is it just hearsay?  

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/3/8/18256010/reports-buffalo-bills-antonio-brown-trade-to-buffalo-nixed-because-brown-didnt-want-to-go-2019

Albert Breer reported it, La Confora reported it. (but who really cares what he reports). I'll take Breer as the more credible source

4 minutes ago, CookieG said:

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/3/8/18256010/reports-buffalo-bills-antonio-brown-trade-to-buffalo-nixed-because-brown-didnt-want-to-go-2019

Albert Breer reported it, La Confora reported it. (but who really cares what he reports). I'll take Breer as the more credible source

Thanks and agree on LAC!

10 minutes ago, vorpma said:

And not enough negative points in your post; you too must have a well placed inside source or an exclusive hotline to Beane. So many experts to offer critiques and so little time!

Nope, just a long suffering fan who watches other team's flourish as my team gets put into yet another 5 year "rebuilding" plan.

But then those who believe those playoff teams are doing it wrong, while we're doing it right, are far smarter than me. It reminds me of the people who would say I was stupid and would regret not getting involved in the Ponzi scheme they were hawking.

Buffalo & the Bills have high character people in & around them both we didn't need some one on the team or in the city that lacks in that respect he's a perfect fit where he went ! I just hope when the Bills play him Hyde or Poyer deliver a really good hit or better yet Edmunds & puts him on the bench !! 

On 3/8/2019 at 7:54 PM, fansince88 said:

If I didnt know any better I would think you didnt like the show to begin with. I listed to 2 hours and your translation of the show couldnt be furether than the truth.

Who cares

WHO CARES??? I’ll tell you who cares...those of us that aren’t insulated by the Buffalo Bubble up there in WNY. Us out of Towners that would like to feel a sense of pride when we wear the logo and team colors. Between players quitting in the pre season, retiring at the half, refusing to come here, bills mafia degenerates and years of losing its turned into a symbol of mockery. Of course, I don’t expect you to understand as that is only a comment someone in the buffalo bubble would make. 

Edited by BIGBOY

On 3/9/2019 at 6:36 AM, mannc said:

Brown and his agent have been talking to the media for weeks about his new contract demands.  None of this would have been a surprise to the Bills.   The idea that that’s why the deal died is pure OBD spin, and yet folks here are lapping it up...

Exactly. If it was a surprise to Beane that Brown wanted a new deal that is worrisome. We got left at the alter.....

18 minutes ago, BIGBOY said:

WHO CARES??? I’ll tell you who cares...those of us that aren’t insulated by the Buffalo Bubble up there in WNY. Us out of Towners that would like to feel a sense of pride when we wear the logo and team colors. Between players quitting in the pre season, retiring at the half, refusing to come here, bills mafia degenerates and years of losing its turned into a symbol of mockery. Of course, I don’t expect you to understand as that is only a comment someone in the buffalo bubble would make. 

Grow a pair or find a new team. 

• Haha (+1) 1

Just now, Doc said:

Grow a pair or find a new team. 

Grow a pair? It’s not just emotions..the fact that buffalo has a negative public perception IS now hindering the product on the field. But how would you know? You most likely live in Sloan and are stuck in the early 90’s reliving the Kelly era. 

Just now, BIGBOY said:

Grow a pair? It’s not just emotions..the fact that buffalo has a negative public perception IS now hindering the product on the field. But how would you know? You most likely live in Sloan and are stuck in the early 90’s reliving the Kelly era. 

LOL!  As they say "it better to be thought a fool..."

1 minute ago, Doc said:

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Bury your head in the sand and keep ignoring the fact that buffalo has a problem attracting players. But hey, I hear some obscure blog just named it the 17th best up and coming city in America ?

28 minutes ago, BIGBOY said:

Bury your head in the sand and keep ignoring the fact that buffalo has a problem attracting players. But hey, I hear some obscure blog just named it the 17th best up and coming city in America ?

Buffalo will ALWAYS have a problem attracting players because of the city/location.  If you haven't figured that out by now, and haven't figured out that that's never going to change (like I said earlier) either grow a pair or find another team. 

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, Doc said:

Buffalo will ALWAYS have a problem attracting players because of the city/location.  If you haven't figured that out by now, and haven't figured out that that's never going to change (like I said earlier) either grow a pair or find another team. 

It's odd when you see an argument and both parties are more or less in agreement.:thumbsup:

The draft will ALWAYS be the deciding factor in the Bills success or failure. It is what it is.