One Bills Live was hilarious today.

2 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Reps from the Bills regularly look at this board, dude. I don't think I have "serious delusions of grandeur."

Why do people feel the need to be so mean to each other...

It's the atmosphere of this forum in particular, which is absolutely toxic.

I know many Bills fans who religiously stay away from it for that reason alone.

I think it comes from the fact that we have been a door mat franchise for most of our existence.  Some fans hate that and are sick of it, others seem strangely welcoming of that fact or even embracing.  You can see the two camps in the posts in this thread alone. 

This creates a lot of tension.  On top of that, all fans would probably like to see us win or enjoy some margin of success every once in a while, but we don't get much of that either.

So the frustration compounds and the tensions increase more.

• Like (+1) 1

3 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

Reps from the Bills regularly look at this board, dude. I don't think I have "serious delusions of grandeur."

Why do people feel the need to be so mean to each other...

He can’t help it, he’s an old dirty b. 

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, The Bills Blog said:

One Bills Live was hilarious today. Despite the strong and widespread reports that AB essentially nixed the trade, Murph and Tasker continued to deny it and scolded every caller who mentioned it. It was embarrassing. Damage control straight from OBD. Clearly trying to control the message. They also claimed that there is not a stigma around Buffalo despite the flogging the city took from the media and NFL players during this ordeal. Interesting that as soon as Bulldog came on, the message was totally different.

I assume this information is from your insider "bat phone" linked into the Front Office and AB's personal study?

3 hours ago, billieve420 said:

Bills should have known that going in that Brown wanted a new deal so it shouldn’t have been a surprise.

Brown and his agent have been talking to the media for weeks about his new contract demands.  None of this would have been a surprise to the Bills.   The idea that that’s why the deal died is pure OBD spin, and yet folks here are lapping it up...

• Like (+1) 1

14 hours ago, Doc said:

I can just as easily see Brown nixing the deal (for various reasons) as I can see the Bills nixing it because they didn't want to make him the highest-paid WR.  In the end I'm just glad it didn't happen.

It sounds like it was never that close to happening.  Rapaport must be pissed at his source that gave him that info.  

12 minutes ago, mannc said:

Brown and his agent have been talking to the media for weeks about his new contract demands.  None of this would have been a surprise to the Bills.   The idea that that’s why the deal died is pure OBD spin, and yet folks here are lapping it up...

All I could find was Brown saying that he wanted a new deal that gave him guaranteed money (even though he's still got $11.4M left in unamortized bonus with his last Steelers contract).

5 minutes ago, Mark92 said:

It sounds like it was never that close to happening.  Rapaport must be pissed at his source that gave him that info.  

Yeah.  And it also sounds like it was never supposed to be made public.  I wonder who the rat who leaked that info was?

2 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

I think it comes from the fact that we have been a door mat franchise for most of our existence.  Some fans hate that and are sick of it, others seem strangely welcoming of that fact or even embracing.  You can see the two camps in the posts in this thread alone. 

This creates a lot of tension.  On top of that, all fans would probably like to see us win or enjoy some margin of success every once in a while, but we don't get much of that either.

Really silly post; no one on this board is "strangely welcoming of that fact or even embracing" losing; most of us understand that winning is not going to happen over night and will take time after 16 years of really bad organizational decisions and an ingrained losing culture. Sorry kids, you can throw temper tantrums all day and scream for your fast food happy meal much like what happened from 2001 - 2017; the rest of us want long term sustained success, understand the game and will give this regime a chance. 

• Like (+1) 2

4 hours ago, Nextmanup said:

This is about the closest to accurate description about this place that I’ve read here..  Thank you. 

• Like (+1) 1

I agree that Tasker and Murphy were overzealous. What they don't realize is that there is also no real evidence that Brown did NOT cancel the trade. He very well could have. So it goes both ways.

16 hours ago, fansince88 said:

If I didnt know any better I would think you didnt like the show to begin with. I listed to 2 hours and your translation of the show couldnt be furether than the truth.

then you must not have listened very hard. It was clear PR control most likely ordered from Bills PR staff. It could not have been any more obvious. This show was the only one on any media platform trying to spin this story into something it was not. 

Edited by cba fan
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, billsfan_34 said:

State run media at its finest! OBD, the Instigators, and the Sabres Broadcasters are Pegula puppets.

Yeah but the great thing is this is a free country. You can choose to listen to it or not and choose to follow another team if you want 

4 minutes ago, cba fan said:

then you must not have listened very hard. It was clear PR control most likely ordered from Bills PR staff. It could not have been any more obvious. This show was the only one on any media platform trying to spin this story into something it was not. 

Or Murphy and Tasker are just fans of the team and like to spin things positive. Doesn't mean they were ordered to by Pegula.

• Like (+1) 1

36 minutes ago, cba fan said:

The two of them totally disagreed with each other. That said, they are owned by the Bills. What would you expect? 

Edited by fansince88

15 minutes ago, fansince88 said:

The two of them totally disagreed with each other. That said, they are owned by the Bills. What would you expect? 

The problem is that they always claim to not be PR or have inside info. They're lying, so we're calling them on it. That's all.