Jump to content
Sign in to follow this  
Alphadawg7

Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

Recommended Posts

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:17 AM, DBilz2500 said:

Oakland/Vegas is seen as a much happening city than Buffalo especially to a young rich single black man-plenty more prostitutes, much warmer and more gambling. No way he’d ever agree to come to Buffalo....

 

Wow.  All this time and I'm just finding out NOW that David Duke is a Bills fan.  Who knew?!?!?!

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:17 PM, DBilz2500 said:

He’s def a dousche bag kinda guy-I went to college out near Pittsburgh and literally bumped into him at the airport once. He dropped something and I picked it up for him. He didn’t say thank you and even commented that I needed to “watch yo self.” He saw my Bills shirt on and then said, “y’all still got a team up there?” Not a pleasant experience in any way. 

 

I don't really believe that you went to college.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, PIZ said:

Is there any chance that Beane really had no interest at all in signing AB, and that he was doing the Steelers a favor to get more interest from the Raiders?  Perhaps they had a gentleman's agreement that would show itself in the draft, as part of the favor?  Just wondering because I still can't imagine why Beane would want to pay someone like AB and have his antics on this team.

 

Because AB is a great WR and we need one on this team - badly.

 

No, I don't think Beane would waste his time in trade talks where he really has no interest.

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, Gugny said:

 

It was stupid with Watkins, too.  And OBJ isn't 31 years old.

 

 

It's only 3 years.

 

The point is that everyone gets a big guarantee in that position.  Every one of the top WR got it so why wouldn't AB?  His % guaranteed is the lowest, and he's arguable, at 31, better than all of them.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

It's only 3 years.

 

The point is that everyone gets a big guarantee in that position.  Every one of the top WR got it so why wouldn't AB?  His % guaranteed is the lowest, and he's arguable, at 31, better than all of them.

 

The reason I wouldn't go for a big guarantee for AB, were I the GM, is because he fundamentally quit on his team at the end of the season by going AWOL and the GM is risking "looking bad" if he's locked in to a guarantee of a guy who decides to pull another temper tantrum after you hand one out.

 

By talent and production, sure he should get one.

3 hours ago, GG said:

Why is this still pinned?

 

Shouldn't be, I'm a fix that right now.

 

  • Like (+1) 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Just now, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

The reason I wouldn't go for a big guarantee for AB, were I the GM, is because he fundamentally quit on his team at the end of the season by going AWOL and the GM is risking "looking bad" if he's locked in to a guarantee of a guy who decides to pull another temper tantrum after you hand one out.

 

By talent and production, sure he should get one.

 

Yeah, maybe.  But the upside for that pretty modest guarantee is huge.  Maybe he acted out just to force the Steelers to trade him.  He was sick of it there.

 

He's getting Ashlon Jeffery money.  Who would you rather pay?  How about Sammy Watkins?  How would like to be the KC GM paying Sammy AB money to be the 3rd best pass catcher on the team?

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
11 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

 

The reason I wouldn't go for a big guarantee for AB, were I the GM, is because he fundamentally quit on his team at the end of the season by going AWOL and the GM is risking "looking bad" if he's locked in to a guarantee of a guy who decides to pull another temper tantrum after you hand one out.

 

By talent and production, sure he should get one.

 

Shouldn't be, I'm a fix that right now.

 

 

God bless you Hap.

 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I swear you cannot get anything right.  What Beane and McD have said about their process is they want guys that are dedicated to football.  Everything read about Brown is that he was a very hard worker, at least until the nonsense he went through last season. 

 

It is clear you have no understanding of what a GM does.  Beane made some inquiries about the guy, they talked about a deal, and as it went forward he and probably Brown decided it wasn't going to work.  That is what GMs do, their job is to look to improve their team.  If he had not made any inquiries, you and others would bash him for not doing so.

 

 

 

How do you know “Beane made a few calls?”  

 

A more likely scenario is that Beane never had any interest in Brown at all when his pal Kevin Colbert called and said, Hey Brandon, you guys need a WR - how bout Antonio Brown?  Beane, when he stops laughing, replies, OK Kevin, what would the Steelers want for him?  When Rosenhaus gets involved, Beane decides the joke has gone on long enough.

 

If Beane had been remotely interested in a scumbag like Brown, AB would be in Buffalo tomorrow eating chicken wings.

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, GG said:

Why is this still pinned?

 

Actually, it should probably be closed, along with the other two AB threads.

.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Shut 'er down @BuffaloBill @Chandler#81 @Hapless Bills Fan anyone :lol:

 

but not before I get to post this 

 

https://sports.yahoo.com/drew-rosenhaus-going-bills-wasn-105804649.html
 

Brown’s desire for a new contract that would make him the league’s highest-paid receiver was seen as the biggest obstacle to a deal with the Bills that was in play late last week.

 

During a Sunday appearance on NFL Network, Brown’s agent Drew Rosenhaus said the Bills “decided it wasn’t a great fit for them” while talking to the Steelers and that the decision not to move forward didn’t come down to his client.

 

“You know what, I don’t know that there was ever an option for us, quite frankly,” Rosenhaus said. “We never got in that position. It really wasn’t something that was up to us to decide. I don’t think the Steelers and the Bills were able to work something out.”

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

but not before I get to post this 

 

https://sports.yahoo.com/drew-rosenhaus-going-bills-wasn-105804649.html
 

Brown’s desire for a new contract that would make him the league’s highest-paid receiver was seen as the biggest obstacle to a deal with the Bills that was in play late last week.

 

During a Sunday appearance on NFL Network, Brown’s agent Drew Rosenhaus said the Bills “decided it wasn’t a great fit for them” while talking to the Steelers and that the decision not to move forward didn’t come down to his client.

 

“You know what, I don’t know that there was ever an option for us, quite frankly,” Rosenhaus said. “We never got in that position. It really wasn’t something that was up to us to decide. I don’t think the Steelers and the Bills were able to work something out.”

Makes you wonder If AB hitting the fake news button sent the wrong kind of message.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
23 minutes ago, The Senator said:

 

How do you know “Beane made a few calls?”  

 

A more likely scenario is that Beane never had any interest in Brown at all when his pal Kevin Colbert called and said, Hey Brandon, you guys need a WR - how bout Antonio Brown?  Beane, when he stops laughing, replies, OK Kevin, what would the Steelers want for him?  When Rosenhaus gets involved, Beane decides the joke has gone on long enough.

 

If Beane had been remotely interested in a scumbag like Brown, AB would be in Buffalo tomorrow eating chicken wings.

.

I should have worded it that he had discussions about a guy, not that he initiated it necessarily.  Good call.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Interesting to see what Tyrell Williams gets. Dont be shocked if he gets 4 years and $50M+. AB or Williams?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
5 hours ago, Figster said:

Makes you wonder If AB hitting the fake news button sent the wrong kind of message.

 

Haha

 

Yeah, Imma thinkin' damage-control by the Big Name Agent: "wasn't my boy, it was THEM"

 

As others have said, these things work themselves out in parallel because they're related.  If AB wants more, Bills want to give the Steelers less and vice versa. 

Doesn't take detailed contract discussions to make a phone call and sound out what AB has in mind, and that might not be inconsistent with what Rosenhaus said.

  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thanks! (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Wasn't sure where to put this.  What does this mean and why the Tredavious White mention?

 

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
34 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Wasn't sure where to put this.  What does this mean and why the Tredavious White mention?

 

 

 

Maybe he is implying that TW needs to school AB.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
3 hours ago, PIZ said:

Wasn't sure where to put this.  What does this mean and why the Tredavious White mention?

 

 

 

I think tre white liked it, Jordan Phillips said **** him 

  • Like (+1) 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

I so hope this dude just flames out without a HOF QB. Knock his ass back to reality.

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol. Bills living rent free in AB’s head

 

I think he can't accept that the Bills didn't feel he was worth what he was asking for.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Lol. Bills living rent free in AB’s head

lol........... considering that location is rent controlled, and basically low end projects, it all makes more sense now.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Sign in to follow this  

×
×
  • Create New...