Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

1 hour ago, BillsSB2020 said:

Not at all, which is why Mario and TO were such HUGE moves(for us.)

Teams need elite talent and I'm glad the Beane Man pursued Brown. Not quite sure where the notion that we've consistently made flashy offseason signings come from.

The Bills team that went to 4 straight Superbowls was sprinkled with elite talent. Elite doesn't come cheaply.  Something Mr Big checks just demonstrated. On his way to becoming the highest paid WR in the NFL. AB was so close to become a Bill, yet so far.

Hate it when that happens...

• Like (+1) 1

7 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are you taking about the Bills or Raiders?  This was TO 2.0.

Hmm. This team has boasted two top 10 defenses under McDermott. How is it TO 2.0, when we are a top 15 offense from being a 10-12 win team? Sure up the Oline and get some weapons, and we are that team. Care to wager?

• Haha (+1) 1

I think it's fine... AB needs a QB who enjoys taking and making risky throws... I don't think Carr is such a QB... He hesitates too much... Scared of throwing picks...

Wouldn't be surprised if things in OAK didn't pan out.

9 hours ago, The Senator said:

But, as Beane said, we talked, it didn’t make sense for either team, we’ve moved on.  So have I.

What else would you expect him to say?

6 hours ago, vorpma said:

No, many of you want the same philosophy and template used since 1995, no rebuild, sign superstars, try and win now, accept mediocre teams , and every August spout off on how this is the year!!! Me, trying to raise the bar; I want longevity not fast food happy meals!

Laugh and smile, you really need to go sit in your room and let the adults have discussions on TBD; run along now junior! Come opening day in Buffalo, there will be a sellout crowd, most of who agree with me!

A lot going on in that post lol

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Haha (+1) 1

24 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

The Raiders only gave up a 3rd and a 5th? The Steelers will be lucky if they even get an average starter out of those picks. I'm very surprised Beane turned that down.

The way the Steelers can sniff out a receiver, they will probably find his replacement with that top of the third pick..

Having said that, I thought the Raiders would have been forced to give up their top of the second for Brown... obviously interest in him must have been minimal..

12 hours ago, vorpma said:

No, many of you want the same philosophy and template used since 1995, no rebuild, sign superstars, try and win now, accept mediocre teams , and every August spout off on how this is the year!!! Me, trying to raise the bar; I want longevity not fast food happy meals!

Laugh and smile, you really need to go sit in your room and let the adults have discussions on TBD; run along now junior! Come opening day in Buffalo, there will be a sellout crowd, most of who agree with me!

I agree there will be a sellout crowd.

All of whom hope Josh cam match or exceed Carr's passing #'s.     

As John stated.  I was impressed how Carr gradually improved over 3 seasons while Tuhrod's #'s progressively became worse 

On 3/10/2019 at 1:31 AM, HurlyBurly51 said:

Why would they?  The process doesn’t call for a selfish 31 year old diva who quits on his teammates and throws his QB under the bus. Raiders gonna Raider adding this cancer to the locker room.

If Brown doesn't fit the "process", then why did Beane even bother to discuss a trade for him at all????   Brown's not an unknown quantity.   Did Beane have nothing better to do?  Did the Pegulas say, "Brandon, bro, see if you can bring AB here to add some excitement to this team?"  Or is "the process" just another cliche to obscure the general mismanagement of the team under Pegulas/Beane/McDermott?

8 minutes ago, SoTier said:

If Brown doesn't fit the "process", then why did Beane even bother to discuss a trade for him at all????   Brown's not an unknown quantity.   Did Beane have nothing better to do?  Did the Pegulas say, "Brandon, bro, see if you can bring AB here to add some excitement to this team?"  Or is "the process" just another cliche to obscure the general mismanagement of the team under Pegulas/Beane/McDermott?

I swear you cannot get anything right.  What Beane and McD have said about their process is they want guys that are dedicated to football.  Everything read about Brown is that he was a very hard worker, at least until the nonsense he went through last season. 

It is clear you have no understanding of what a GM does.  Beane made some inquiries about the guy, they talked about a deal, and as it went forward he and probably Brown decided it wasn't going to work.  That is what GMs do, their job is to look to improve their team.  If he had not made any inquiries, you and others would bash him for not doing so.

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

The way the Steelers can sniff out a receiver, they will probably find his replacement with that top of the third pick..

Having said that, I thought the Raiders would have been forced to give up their top of the second for Brown... obviously interest in him must have been minimal..

AB wanted to become the highest paid WR in the league. Something Brown has worked hard to achieve. 

If a trade was made and AB's demands for a new contract were not met AB made it perfectly clear you play by his rules/ demands or he's prepared to retire.

Minimal interest had more to do with how costly AB would be from a salary standpoint then the trade itself IMO.

Edited by Figster
  • Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, BillsVet said:

The entire offense except the QB position is a pretty much all unknown for Buffalo.  And there's no guarantee that Allen makes a step without there being some big answers soon on the OL and at the skill positions.  

"Unknown"?   Hardly.  "Untalented" seems be more accurate. 

16 hours ago, vorpma said:

You like to rewrite history to suit your prejudices.  The Bills had a major rebuild in 2001 under Tom Donahoe ... and traded for Drew Bledsoe in 2002.  The Bills had another major rebuild in 2006/2007 when Brandon and Jauron gutted the team and replaced them with Jauron's talentless smurfs ... and signed Terrell Owens in 2009 to try to cover their failure.  The Bills had another major rebuild in 2010 under Buddy Nix after the Brandon/Jauron disaster ... and signed Mario Williams.   The Bills underwent a major rebuild in 2016-2017 by shedding virtually all of their talent on offense and some on defense ... and attempted to trade for Antonio Brown.   Luckily they failed.

Seems like 2019 is just deja vue all over again.

3 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

I swear you cannot get anything right.  What Beane and McD have said about their process is they want guys that are dedicated to football.  Everything read about Brown is that he was a very hard worker, at least until the nonsense he went through last season. 

It is clear you have no understanding of what a GM does.  Beane made some inquiries about the guy, they talked about a deal, and as it went forward he and probably Brown decided it wasn't going to work.  That is what GMs do, their job is to look to improve their team.  If he had not made any inquiries, you and others would bash him for not doing so.

Antonio Brown proved last season that he's puts his own interests far above those of his team and his teammates.   How does that constitute "dedication to football"????? 

My local Subaru dealer called me the other day to ask if I was interested in trading in my 2 year old Forester for a newer model.  I didn't waste my time listening to his offer but politely declined because a new car wouldn't be a good idea for me right now -- I have more important priorities.   Just because Pitt was shopping Brown didn't mean that Beane had to get into serious trade talks with them -- serious enough to be reported as "likely" or "very likely" in the media -- when an expensive aging selfish diva of a WR was NOT what should not be a priority for the Bills. 

Maybe YOU should better understand the nature of the job of a football GM which is to provide the long term view that counter-balances the short term thinking of HCs when it comes to personnel matters.  Beane hasn't demonstrated that long-term thinking yet.

My first thought on hearing that the Bills were "likely" to trade for AB was, "oh, no, what are they thinking?"   My first thought when I heard that the trade wasn't happening was "thank goodness somebody in the organization has some sense", so I would have never criticized Beane for passing on talking trade with the Steelers.

Edited by Hapless Bills Fan
Inappropriate language

Is there any chance that Beane really had no interest at all in signing AB, and that he was doing the Steelers a favor to get more interest from the Raiders?  Perhaps they had a gentleman's agreement that would show itself in the draft, as part of the favor?  Just wondering because I still can't imagine why Beane would want to pay someone like AB and have his antics on this team.

7 hours ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I mean, kind of sounds like he hates black people.

Nah he just apparently knows they love ladies of the night. So much so it determines their preferred FA destinations.

//s //s //s //s

What?!?!

On ‎3‎/‎10‎/‎2019 at 1:17 AM, DBilz2500 said:

Oakland/Vegas is seen as a much happening city than Buffalo especially to a young rich single black man-plenty more prostitutes, much warmer and more gambling. No way he’d ever agree to come to Buffalo....

Wow.  All this time and I'm just finding out NOW that David Duke is a Bills fan.  Who knew?!?!?!

On ‎3‎/‎9‎/‎2019 at 2:17 PM, DBilz2500 said:

He’s def a dousche bag kinda guy-I went to college out near Pittsburgh and literally bumped into him at the airport once. He dropped something and I picked it up for him. He didn’t say thank you and even commented that I needed to “watch yo self.” He saw my Bills shirt on and then said, “y’all still got a team up there?” Not a pleasant experience in any way. 

I don't really believe that you went to college.