Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

11 hours ago, purple haze said:

You didn't hear him say that.  That's a fact.  The only thing you got from AB directly is an Instagram that read "fake news" about the trade (which was true as the trade had been dead for a couple days by that point.)  You just heard reports that he wouldn't show up which might or might not be accurate.  $$$ talks.  Reading Vic Carucci's story it seemed to me $$$ was the issue from Beane's side.  And that's fine.  Would have been cool to have AB.  It will be cool to have all those picks and the players they will add in 72 hours.  Bills will be alright.

If you kept up with the thread i DID say that I can man up and take an L for what I said about him saying he wouldn't report if the Bills traded for him cuz he actually didn't post anything saying that exactly. 

But then I went and said, all it takes is simple logic with a hint of common sense to realize that a player who posts "fake news" just 3 minutes after Rappaports' trade headline clearly doesn't want to be traded to wherever was reported. Make sense?

Do you think AB would have posted "fake news" if Rapapport posted he was being traded to the Raiders? No right? Simple logic...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Oh please with this emotional Bs.  I don’t give a crap who the GM is. I want results.  Sorry I’m not going to pretend like every move the Bills make is great like you do.  Our offense has been a joke the last 2 years.  And read up on AB.  Laughs about have 4 baby mamas, domestic situations, etc.  his character certainly isn’t what this regime preaches about “culture.”  He is all about himself.  

This board is funny though.  I used to be called a homer.  Then, I got sick of apologize for every move this 6-10, 7-9 team makes. Now, I’m a hater.  Sorry, I’m not going to pretend like this good anymore.  It’s ok to standards.  

Newsflash...our Offense has been a joke a lot longer than 2 years. We drafted a QB who showed more in his first year than any other QB we've had in recent memory.

As far as "character" is concerned, oldmanfan is absolutely correct. How many times has McBeane said we ain't looking for choir boys, we are looking for team first, quality players? Maybe you haven't heard that? I have, several times. THAT'S the character we are looking for. Don T try to spin it in a false narrative. 

On a side note, all you do is hate and complain. Why do you suffer coming here? Maybe you can find a less hated team to follow? Just a suggestion friend. I mean, no need to live miserably

Most dead cap in league history. AB absolutely took the Steelers to shop.

AB: A++

Raiders: A++

Steelers: F

Read an ESPN article about how Steelers unique contract structuring exposes them selves to the most risk in the NFL. Would be interesting if they change their philosophy.

http://www.espn.com/nfl/story/_/id/26186487/grading-antonio-brown-trade-steelers-raiders-won

Edited by BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P

9 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They gave him too much guaranteed money.  They're going to suck for another 2 years, at least.  By the time they MIGHT be competitive, he'll be 33-years-old and destroying the locker room.

Why blow a load on the best WR in football when there's hardly any other talent on the rest of the team?

I just think it was dumb.  He'll be pissing and moaning before next season is half over.  Eff that.

I am in total agreement

1 minute ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Brace yourself and bring a helmet.

Just messing with folks, perhaps a few folks here were all in on this deal, some just feel like they were turned down for the prom the way he dissed the city, I never was into it as a solution.

It's all good, fans should not take it too hard...f' him if he doesn't want to play in B-lo.

• Like (+1) 1

The Raiders got a great deal...the high fives in Buffalo would have sounded like thunder on Friday if we would have only given up a 3rd and 5th for AB....but we’re not sure if the price was going to be the same for the Bills. Giving up the 9th overall would not have been so euphoric.and well received (even in a trade down of 1sts) ...If this was the case that seems to be floating around.

Edited by Magnum Force

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I am in total agreement

Raiders basically got a contract the same as if they just traded for OBJ for a 3rd and 5th.. it was an absolute steal. 

I know there are character concerns but it's clearly a great move for the Raiders just looking at the value they got. They just aren't really in the right part of their rebuild to get AB. So the fit and role for AB is strange.. but Gruden just upgraded his offense with the best possible player in the league, can see how Carr can be evaluated I'm assuming, and has money and picks to really put the rebuild on steroids.

It's a classic Raiders move. High risk, high return. I see it as they're 2 years behind us in their rebuild process, and maybe made a move for AB just a bit too early whereas we were more primed to benefit from a huge move.

They can still have AB on the books when they fill out the roster but they're giving themselves the chance to really speed up their rebuild. And they really have to with AB's age window.

I don't see how it's not a win. Regarding character concerns: they don't have much to lose with how bad they were last year.. and the Raiders are the franchise that will embrace their divas more than anyway.

Although I will say Gruden totally clashed with Keyshawn Johnson so it boils down to how the 2 egos get along.

7 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

If you kept up with the thread i DID say that I can man up and take an L for what I said about him saying he wouldn't report if the Bills traded for him cuz he actually didn't post anything saying that exactly. 

But then I went and said, all it takes is simple logic with a hint of common sense to realize that a player who posts "fake news" just 3 minutes after Rappaports' trade headline clearly doesn't want to be traded to wherever was reported. Make sense?

Do you think AB would have posted "fake news" if Rapapport posted he was being traded to the Raiders? No right? Simple logic...

Actually, your “simple logic” is seriously flawed.

He posted “fake news” about a trade to Buffalo because it was just that - fake news.  There never was a deal.  If there was, if Buffalo had met his money demands, he would be having wings at The Anchor Bar right now.

Afterwards, he posted that he “thinks” he’ll be traded to the Raiders. The Raiders acquiesced to his contract demands.

Had those talks fallen apart and some idiot reported a ‘done deal’, he also would have posted “fake news”.

The logic is really as simple as that.  Really.

18 minutes ago, Gugny said:

They gave him too much guaranteed money.  They're going to suck for another 2 years, at least.  By the time they MIGHT be competitive, he'll be 33-years-old and destroying the locker room.

Why blow a load on the best WR in football when there's hardly any other talent on the rest of the team?

I just think it was dumb.  He'll be pissing and moaning before next season is half over.  Eff that.

Right on.  I'm glad Beane passed on him.  Looks like it was never about winning a SB for Antonio, but rather getting a last big paycheck before retirement.  If it was about a SB, teams like NO or Philly would have made more sense.  

6 minutes ago, BarkleyForGOATBackupPT5P said:

Raiders basically got a contract the same as if they just traded for OBJ for a 3rd and 5th.. it was an absolute steal. 

I know there are character concerns but it's clearly a great move for the Raiders just looking at the value they got. They just aren't really in the right part of their rebuild to get AB. So the fit and role for AB is strange.. but Gruden just upgraded his offense with the best possible player in the league, can see how Carr can be evaluated I'm assuming, and has money and picks to really put the rebuild on steroids.

It's a classic Raiders move. High risk, high return.

Its a PR move to get the best WR in the league onto a crappy team.   By the time they are relevent Brown will be too old.....and NFL diva dont age well

5 hours ago, The Senator said:

I tried to summarize what Carruci said, but there was more.  There was a kind of ‘see-saw’ thing going on - in which, the higher Brown’s demands, the less the Bills were willing to give the Steelers.

I think Brown’s character was also considered - the whole quitting on the team during a playoff race, complaining about not getting the ball, throwing his QB ‘under the bus’, etc.

As Beane commented, in the end the deal just didn’t make sense for either team.

Right. That seesaw is in every trade ever. A player has a value to a GM and that a combo of dollars and picks. That’s no insight into this situation beyond “GM doing his job”

the part that got me was the narrative that with the increased cost he’d hurt the locker room. As if at his given contract he wouldn’t but at a raise he somehow has more oomph to impact it. I think that’s editorializing too much to create a storyline. 

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Its a PR move to get the best WR in the league onto a crappy team.   By the time they are relevent Brown will be too old.....and NFL diva dont age well

Right the timing is a concern. One benefit at least is it gives Gruden a perfect evaluation on Derek Carr in a critical point in a rebuild.

I have no idea how AB will age. But my biased point when we thought we signed AB was WRs at his size tend to play great long into their careers. I don't know if that's necessarily true.. but I'm thinking of Steve Smith Sr, and Jerry Rice. He also no doubt takes better care of his body training than the next guy.

The demise of WRs almost invariably seems to come from knee problems, an issue with the taller guys. Marques Colston, Andre Johnson come into mind falling off the cliff.

Again I'm just thinking of players that fit my point haha.. but I do believe smaller WRs will last longer I just don't really want to deep dive into it since he ain't a Bill when I thought about crunching the numbers on small WRs Thursday night

7 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

No just calls for a WR that quits in Training Camp to be an advocate. 

Or calls for a CB that walks out at halftime and retires. 

The Delusion that we are better off that one of the Best WRs in the NFL is not in Buffalo. 

Wahhh!  HaHa!  He's not here, get over it!  

5 hours ago, oldmanfan said:

Because they knew he had a reputation as a hard worker and to talk to him and figure out if it worked you have to start the process.

This is what GMs should do.  People need to quit acting crazy about a GM doing his job.

I’m pro-discussion with Brown. My point was that I think some posters were straying a bit into creating their own narratives with some of the comments. 

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

I’m pro-discussion with Brown. My point was that I think some posters were straying a bit into creating their own narratives with some of the comments. 

Couldn't agree more.  Some folks here cannot be rational about this team.  The GM does his job by inquiring about a guy and somehow that's bad.

• Like (+1) 2

35 minutes ago, HuSeYiN_NYC said:

If the Bills deal was already dead days before a report stating it was almost done, then logic would be saying publically it is "fake news".

All that said, doesn't matter.  Bills drill have a chance to get better in the next few days.  Especially if they focus on O-line.

17 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The flip side is that unless you are a bills fan, you expect a team to be relevant within 1-2 offseasons. This acceptance of a 5 year plan to be relevant is uniquely our fan base.

if Carr is actually a player, and you add brown plus 4 picks in the top 35 (including a top 5) plus free agency... there’s no reason to think they can’t be a  playoff team (besides thinking they have poor leadership and Carr isn’t good - in which case brown as a target vs someone else makes little difference)

• Like (+1) 3

19 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Are you taking about the Bills or Raiders?  This was TO 2.0.

• Like (+1) 1