Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

Just now, RaoulDuke79 said:

So is the moral of the story not to try for fear of getting laughed at?

For Antonio Brown?  Yes, they shouldn’t have tried. Basically and sadly, we are downgrades in every possible way to Pittsburgh.  Why did they think a malcontent there would be happy in Buffalo?

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

For Antonio Brown?  Yes, they shouldn’t have tried. Basically and sadly, we are downgrades in every possible way to Pittsburgh.  Why did they think a malcontent there would be happy in Buffalo?

Don't you think the Raiders are a downgrade to the Steelers as well? I think the Steelers knew the rift between Ben and Brown couldn't be mended so something needed to give. People have been laughing at this organization for a long time. I don't knock the front office for anything that went down here.

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

I missed all the other teams getting clowned for this.  

And if they were thinking about getting him in the first place, they were dumb.  It would have been a disaster.     And all this culture and character BS would have gone out the window.  If they tried on guys like AJ Green and Jones, sure and there were no bashing.  But stop being liars about character mattering.

You are being completely ridiculous.  A GMs job is to look at improving his team.  Brown is an excellent WR.  So his job is to see what the possibilities are.  Which he did.

As far as being liars about character, you are the one lying.  They have been very clear that what they want are guys that put football first.  That is the kind of guy they want.  And from all reports Brown is a very hard worker, at least until this recent blowup.  I am quite sure they would have had questions about that and would have weighed that into any decision making but it never got that far.

Honest to God you and other have reached the point of irrationality.  Beane makes inquiries about Brown and he's wrong.  If he had done nothing the. Itching would be about why he wasn't in the market for him.  And if he had signed it would have been why pay so much for an over 30 WR that's a problem child.

You don't want Beane to succeed.  You just want to B word no matter what.

• Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

I respect your opinion but I disagree.  This regime gets way too much of a pass. I get it but What’s really been accomplished? Crappy offenses? Negative potential differential in back to back years? Trading up for guys like Zay?

Lets revisit this after Free Agency and the draft, and throughout the season.  I may end up agreeing with you.

For now, we’re tied for first place, and I am - as always - cautiously optimistic...

19 and 0 baby!!! ?

GO BILLSSS!!!!! ??

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

So is the moral of the story not to try for fear of getting laughed at?

The inferiority complex of our fanbase is no joke. Terry should consider giving out coupons for psychiatric help to season ticket holders.

• Like (+1) 2

28 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s weak. The Bills look dumb. And the beautiful city of Buffalo took a bunch of cheap shots from losers. 

But at least, we finally won something.

71R2g2ZKbkL._SX425_.jpg

Boo hoo!  Losers took shots at Buffalo! 

21 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Don't you think the Raiders are a downgrade to the Steelers as well? I think the Steelers knew the rift between Ben and Brown couldn't be mended so something needed to give. People have been laughing at this organization for a long time. I don't knock the front office for anything that went down here.

Of course the Raiders are a downgrade.  But

1) they play in Cali and will be in Vegas

2) brown regards Card better than he would Allen

3) Gruden has won a SB

Personally, if I was the Steelers, I would have told Brown that he was playing there or hold out for something better than what they got.  I’d be pissed if I was a Steeelers fan.

36 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s weak. The Bills look dumb. And the beautiful city of Buffalo took a bunch of cheap shots from losers. 

71R2g2ZKbkL._SX425_.jpg

The Bills don't look dumb.  People who are saying the Raiders "got a good deal," look dumb.  Beane came out of this looking very smart, IMO.

30 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

You are being completely ridiculous.  A GMs job is to look at improving his team.  Brown is an excellent WR.  So his job is to see what the possibilities are.  Which he did.

As far as being liars about character, you are the one lying.  They have been very clear that what they want are guys that put football first.  That is the kind of guy they want.  And from all reports Brown is a very hard worker, at least until this recent blowup.  I am quite sure they would have had questions about that and would have weighed that into any decision making but it never got that far.

Honest to God you and other have reached the point of irrationality.  Beane makes inquiries about Brown and he's wrong.  If he had done nothing the. Itching would be about why he wasn't in the market for him.  And if he had signed it would have been why pay so much for an over 30 WR that's a problem child.

You don't want Beane to succeed.  You just want to B word no matter what.

Oh please with this emotional Bs.  I don’t give a crap who the GM is. I want results.  Sorry I’m not going to pretend like every move the Bills make is great like you do.  Our offense has been a joke the last 2 years.  And read up on AB.  Laughs about have 4 baby mamas, domestic situations, etc.  his character certainly isn’t what this regime preaches about “culture.”  He is all about himself.  

This board is funny though.  I used to be called a homer.  Then, I got sick of apologize for every move this 6-10, 7-9 team makes. Now, I’m a hater.  Sorry, I’m not going to pretend like this good anymore.  It’s ok to standards.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, RaoulDuke79 said:

Rosenhaus' take for what it's worth. 

https://www.newyorkupstate.com/sports/

I''ll take that for what it is. Nobody said he wouldn't play for Buffalo. Beane knew it was gonna take a lot of money, so likely he couldn't agree on draft pick compensation with Steelers on top of the $. After realizing it would cost more than he was willing to pay in draft picks, he walked away. The money never even became an issue because they never got that far. Thanks for posting this

13 minutes ago, Gugny said:

The Bills don't look dumb.  People who are saying the Raiders "got a good deal," look dumb.  Beane came out of this looking very smart, IMO.

How did the Raiders not get a good deal? I didn’t want Brown anyways but for that price?  That was nothing.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

71R2g2ZKbkL._SX425_.jpg

You know, those losers taking easy cheap shots are just that - LOSERS - trying to fill column space and airtime with what they think are witty remarks.

They don’t have a clue what really went down.  No one does.

GMs talk to each other all the time.  It could have been as simple as Beane answering his phone...

”Hey Brandon, Kevin Colbert here  - I understand you guys are looking for a wide receiver.  Any interest in Antonio Brown?”

Beane, slightly amused, and knowing Pittsburgh is desperate to unload Brown, replies, “Well, Kevin, just for sh*ts and giggles, what would the Steelers require in return?”

And just like that, this whole sh*tstorm unfolds.

As Buffalonians, we hear sh*t from unknowing fools all the time.  We’re pretty thick-skinned.  Don’t let it bother you.

Edited by The Senator
  • Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

How did the Raiders not get a good deal? I didn’t want Brown anyways but for that price?  That was nothing.  

They gave him too much guaranteed money.  They're going to suck for another 2 years, at least.  By the time they MIGHT be competitive, he'll be 33-years-old and destroying the locker room.

Why blow a load on the best WR in football when there's hardly any other talent on the rest of the team?

I just think it was dumb.  He'll be pissing and moaning before next season is half over.  Eff that.

• Like (+1) 2