Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

45 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hey, they tried and that’s the most important thing!!!

it was a stupid idea in the first place. Of course AB would hate a trade to the Bills. All that was accomplished was the Bills and Buffalo getting laughed at.  Great move!   This regime is so overrated.

Hate to disagree, but I do.

GMs call each other all the time to discuss possible trades, is this guy or that guy available, what would you want for him, etc.  It’s what they do,  It’s what they SHOULD do.

And that’s exactly what happened.

Someone made a call. It might have been Colbert calling Beane saying, Hey Brandon, you guys need a wide receiver, would you have any interest in Antonio Brown?  Beane replies, Well, Kevin, what you require in return? - which leads to two days of back and forth discussion.  When the Bills and Steelers thought they had an agreeably trade, Drew Rosenhaus entered the scene.  When Rosenhaus told Beane exactly what Brown wanted, the Bills lowered their offer to Pittsburgh.  In the end, as Beane stated, a deal didn’t make sense for EITHER team.

I would have been stupid if Beane had come out publicly and said, “Hey, we’re pursuing Antonio Brown”, but he didn’t.  It was a simple inquiry, that led to further discussion, then died when it became obvious that a deal was unrealistic.

After talks had already ended, I’m Not Rappaport just had to break the story that wasn’t.  No one expected that.

This regime is probably the best we’ve had since John Butler.

Edited by The Senator

14 minutes ago, Doc said:

It was anything but stupid.  What was stupid was Rapoport's premature report.  But we'll see who ends up looking stupid after this: the Bills or the Raiders.

AB won't have a HOF QB throwing to him.  That's a good reason why his numbers might (and IMHO will) decline.

As for not having a history, I think the "Dancing with the Stars" thing made him start looking at life beyond the NFL.  Again if he couldn't make it work with the Steelers...

They preach this BS culture and then try to get a guy who couldn’t be happy with a big contract, with a HOF qb (he’s a d bag too but still), and one of the best franchises in sports.  But sure, he’ll be happy in Buffalo!  I hated every second of thinking the Bills were seriously pursuing this idiot. 

And i I love that everything comes back to blaming the media instead of just holding the people making bad decisions responsible.  

11 minutes ago, mannc said:

I actually think AB's numbers might go up in Oakland.  Carr is still a pretty good QB and AB will definitely be Option 1, unlike this past year in Pittsburgh where he still put up 15 TDs in 15 games. 

Anything is possible but all things being equal, I'd go with Big Ben.

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Hate to disagree, but I do.

GMs call each other all the time to discuss possible trades, is this guy or that guy available, what would you want for him, etc.  It’s what they do,  It’s what they SHOULD do.

And that’s exactly what happened.

Beane made a call, which led to two days of back and forth discussion.  When the Bills and Steelers thought they had an agreeably trade, Drew Rosenhaus entered the scene.  When Rosenhaus told Beane exactly what Brown wanted, the Bills lowered their offer to Pittsburgh.  In the end, as Beane stated, a deal didn’t make sense for EITHER team.

I would have been stupid if Beane had come out publicly and said, “Hey, we’re pursuing Antonio Brown”, but he didn’t.  It was a simple inquiry, that led to further discussion, then died when it became obvious that a deal was unrealistic.

After talks had already ended, I’m Not Rappaport just had to break the story that wasn’t.  No one expected that.

This regime is probably the best we’ve had since John Butler.

I respect your opinion but I disagree.  This regime gets way too much of a pass. I get it but What’s really been accomplished? Crappy offenses? Negative potential differential in back to back years? Trading up for guys like Zay?

1 minute ago, Doc said:

Anything is possible but all things being equal, I'd go with Big Ben.

AB has never caught a TD from someone other than Ben in his entire career (I heard this on the radio and didn’t fact check it but it sounds right given some of the struggles he had adjusting to the backups). So it’s not to say he won’t do as well but it’s still a question. 

2 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They preach this BS culture and then try to get a guy who couldn’t be happy with a big contract, with a HOF qb (he’s a d bag too but still), and one of the best franchises in sports.  But sure, he’ll be happy in Buffalo!  I hated every second of thinking the Bills were seriously pursuing this idiot. 

And i I love that everything comes back to blaming the media instead of just holding the people making bad decisions responsible.  

So you didn't want him but you're holding people responsible for making the exact decision you wanted.

Some Bills fans have just completely gone off the reservation.  A GM does his job, people agree with the outcome, but still bash the GM.  

16 minutes ago, mannc said:

I actually think AB's numbers might go up in Oakland.  Carr is still a pretty good QB and AB will definitely be Option 1, unlike this past year in Pittsburgh where he still put up 15 TDs in 15 games. 

Eh.  Big Ben has 5,000 yards and Brown had some of best numbers in history there. Carr is a dink and dunker.  Maybe he has one really good year but receivers go to die in Oakland.

37 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Hey, they tried and that’s the most important thing!!!

it was a stupid idea in the first place. Of course AB would hate a trade to the Bills. All that was accomplished was the Bills and Buffalo getting laughed at.  Great move!   This regime is so overrated.

Look at this guy :lol:

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

If this never got out, we'd never have known.  If you want to place blame on anyone, place it on Rapoport.  I have no problem with them trying but I'm glad that ultimately they realized he wasn't worth it.

13 minutes ago, BuffAlone said:

Food for thought...no QB playing within his first 3 years has won a SuperBowl in, at the very least,decades. It doesn't matter if Josh is on his rookie deal or not. What matters is if he is a Franchise QB or not? And if so, he will be extended. A rookie contract does not, and has not, made a damn in regards to any window

Seahawks, Chiefs, Eagles and Bears might disagree re the rookie contract window...

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

AB has never caught a TD from someone other than Ben in his entire career (I heard this on the radio and didn’t fact check it but it sounds right given some of the struggles he had adjusting to the backups). So it’s not to say he won’t do as well but it’s still a question. 

If they were to put odds on this, the better odds would be on his numbers being worse.

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

If this never got out, we'd never have known.  If you want to place blame on anyone, place it on Rapoport.  I have no problem with them trying but I'm glad that ultimately they realized he wasn't worth it.

That’s weak. The Bills look dumb. And the beautiful city of Buffalo took a bunch of cheap shots from losers. 

But at least, we finally won something.

71R2g2ZKbkL._SX425_.jpg

Edited by C.Biscuit97
  • Haha (+1) 1

3 hours ago, Buffalo_Gal said:

Vegas is a huge retirement place, actually. Go out toward Summerlin. When my MIL (& step-FIL) moved there over 20 years ago, it was because there was a large retirement-age crowd - the lack of humidity was great for aging joints (the humidity in the summer has crawled up due to all the pools and people, but in the winter there is still almost no humidity). 

I will say it has gotten insane there in the last 15+ years traffic-wise. The housing crash settled things down a bit, but the last few years people have moved there in droves. Why? No idea. The desert does not appeal to me, the weather absolutely sucks, and at some point, the water runs out, but a lot of people absolutely love it. 

Will Vegas support an NFL team? Right now the general population is hyped up about it. When the team has a shiny new feel to it I think it will do well. If the team falters and delivers a few sucky seasons? All bets are off. 

Gal,

Thanks for letting me know.  I have only see a portion of LV (it looks like I was on a different side of the town culture)

Many things up in the air about the pro team itself.....we will see

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, C.Biscuit97 said:

That’s weak. The Bills look dumb. And the beautiful city of Buffalo took a bunch of cheap shots from losers. 

You look dumb for saying the Bills look dumb.  Read Breer's column on si.com.  The Bills GM just like other teams looked at the potential deal and decided the money didn't work.  Are all the other team's GMs dumb, or is it just a convenient excuse for some Bills fans to take yet another shot at management?

• Like (+1) 2
  • Haha (+1) 1

2 hours ago, /dev/null said:

I won't wish injury upon any player, be it Derek Carr or even Marsha Brady, but it would be karmic for Antonio Brown to spend a few games with Nathan Peterman while Juju Smith-Schuster is lighting up the scoreboard with Ben Roethlesberger

Peterman looking for Brown----Picked.......Brown then tackles Peterman...

• Haha (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, mannc said:

Seahawks, Chiefs, Eagles and Bears might disagree re the rookie contract window...

Like I said, NO QB under 4 years in the league has won a SB in decades. Guess we will see if any of those teams win a SB before a rookie contract expires. Maybe then I'd think you have a valid point...but highly unlikely. Seems to me, Vet QB's win Super Bowls at a much greater rate. Like, say, 20+ to Zero?

Just now, BuffAlone said:

Like I said, NO QB under 4 years in the league has won a SB in decades. Guess we will see if any of those teams win a SB before a rookie contract expires. Maybe then I'd think you have a valid point...but highly unlikely. Seems to me, Vet QB's win Super Bowls at a much greater rate. Like, say, 20+ to Zero?

Wilson

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

You look dumb for saying the Bills look dumb.  Read Breer's column on si.com.  The Bills GM just like other teams looked at the potential deal and decided the money didn't work.  Are all the other team's GMs dumb, or is it just a convenient excuse for some Bills fans to take yet another shot at management?

I missed all the other teams getting clowned for this.  

And if they were thinking about getting him in the first place, they were dumb.  It would have been a disaster.     And all this culture and character BS would have gone out the window.  If they tried on guys like AJ Green and Jones, sure and there were no bashing.  But stop being liars about character mattering.

• Like (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

But at least, we finally won something.

71R2g2ZKbkL._SX425_.jpg

So is the moral of the story not to try for fear of getting laughed at?