Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

31 minutes ago, Dopey said:

My comment was more toward R. Mendenhall throwing out the "slave" comment. My Great Grandma mentioned we have slaves in our ancestry, but I would never equate what AB "went through" in Pit. as slavery. That's just wrong on so many levels. AB did what he felt he had to do to get out of Pit. Good for him. Glad we didn't get him.

Oh definitely.

I think it was more the fact that he equated it to being forced to"work for a racist QB" in order to make his living at his chosen profession.

I think it would hold more water if he was on a rookie deal and had not signed an extension, so he was "forced to deal with a racist QB" until he could walk and choose his own team.

Again, I think if was a lot of an exaggeration, but I do see the sentiment behind it.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, YoloinOhio said:

Welp

Mendenhall's theory was proven correct by the 20 balls thrown to Jesse James & Ryan Switzer in the Steelers' last game.

Or maybe not.

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

They pursued this idiot in the first place!  You don’t get your homer card stripped if you admit this.  

Many of us, despite his talent, never wanted him on the team at any cost.  But the process guys took a shot at this moron in the first place.  If AB pretended like he would be happy here and would love to play with Allen, we would have made the trade and paid him.  You’re delusional if you think different. And you would defend everything AB is doing now (just like Raiders fans are doing) because he was a Bill.  

I never said they didn’t pursue him.  But did you ever pursue something you thought you wanted and quickly realized it wasn’t worth the time/money/hassle?  And then have it proven correct?

Edited by Doc

4 minutes ago, Doc said:

I no worries ver said they didn’t pursue him.  But did you ever pursue something you thought you wanted and quickly realized it wasn’t worth the time/money/hassle?  And then have it proven correct?

So if he has another 1200 plus yard season with Carr throwing him the ball then you would still conclude he wasn't worth this social media kerfuffle?

8 minutes ago, Doc said:

I no worries ver said they didn’t pursue him.  But did you ever pursue something you thought you wanted and quickly realized it wasn’t worth the time/money/hassle?  And then have it proven correct?

I did. And my Mom was right. She a hoe.

• Haha (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

So if he has another 1200 plus yard season with Carr throwing him the ball then you would still conclude he wasn't worth this social media kerfuffle?

You mean like he had last year?

16 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

I think it depends on what else he does.

If this is the end of it?? Not worth it.

If he releases a sex take y with Peterson and gruden dressed as oompa loompas?? Totally worth it.

Just now, Doc said:

You mean like he had last year?

He was demanded out of Pittsburgh.

They didn't trade him because they were "tired of his crap" per say.

They traded him because he wasn't going to show up to work anymore.

Just now, Mr. WEO said:

Like he's had for the past 6 years.

Yep.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Mr. WEO said:

Like he's had for the past 6 years.

The past 6 years don’t matter.  What he pulled last year was enough for me to not want him.

And do you really think he’ll get 1,200 yards with Carr, who you hate, throwing to him?  Much less the next 2 years?  And will it ensure they make the playoffs?

Just now, Doc said:

The past 6 years don’t matter.  What he pulled last year was enough for me to not want him.

And do you really think he’ll get 1,200 yards with Carr, who you hate, throwing to him?  Much less the next 2 years?  And will it ensure they make the playoffs?

Then why did you specifically mention last year?

I don't "hate" entertainers--that's your bag.  But yes, Carr is a dud--but that's not the point.  It was (again, doc) a simple question:  If he does have that output again next season, will it not have been "worth it" to the team he is currently on?

• Like (+1) 2

21 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

Then why did you specifically mention last year?

I don't "hate" entertainers--that's your bag.  But yes, Carr is a dud--but that's not the point.  It was (again, doc) a simple question:  If he does have that output again next season, will it not have been "worth it" to the team he is currently on?

It's pretty obvious why I mentioned last year.  But since I need to spell it out, it's because he had 1,200 yards and the Steelers didn't make the playoffs.  Worse, he showed he's got some issues that he didn't the previous 5 years, probably because CTE is setting in +/- he realized Smith-Shuster was starting to supplant him. 

You think the Raiders will think it was worth it if (and that's a big if) he gets those yards and if (more like when) they still fail to make the playoffs?  And how do you think he'll take it if Williams takes significant catches away from him? 

And yeah, OK, you don't hate entertainers.  Good one.  How likely do you think it is that AB will get 1,200 yards catching passes from a "dud" like Carr and not a HOF'er like BR?

Edited by Doc

17 hours ago, Doc said:

It's pretty obvious why I mentioned last year.  But since I need to spell it out, it's because he had 1,200 yards and the Steelers didn't make the playoffs.  Worse, he showed he's got some issues that he didn't the previous 5 years, probably because CTE is setting in +/- he realized Smith-Shuster was starting to supplant him. 

You think the Raiders will think it was worth it if (and that's a big if) he gets those yards and if (more like when) they still fail to make the playoffs?  And how do you think he'll take it if Williams takes significant catches away from him? 

And yeah, OK, you don't hate entertainers.  Good one.  How likely do you think it is that AB will get 1,200 yards catching passes from a "dud" like Carr and not a HOF'er like BR?

So it's AB's fault that they didn't make the playoffs?  His 1300 yards and 15 TDs (in 15 games) were the problem?  That output "wasn't worth it"....because they didn't make the playoffs??  That's nuts.  In 2 of the 4 losses in the last 5 games he played, he had 24 catches, 3 TDs and 339 yards.  Both were 3 point losses where the Defense gave up 64 points.  THAT'S why the Steelers didn't make the playoffs.

In 2013, when he had 1500 yards and they went 8-8..he wasn't worth having on the team?  Can you spell that out a little better for us?  lol.

As for the second bolded part, and again, it doesn't matter what I think.....the question is, if he has 1200 yards even with Carr (who's never had a WR of AB's caliber) then would the Raiders have considered him "worth it"?

You refuse to directly answer the question because you won't concede that the answer is obvious.

5 hours ago, Mr. WEO said:

So it's AB's fault that they didn't make the playoffs?  His 1300 yards and 15 TDs (in 15 games) were the problem?  That output "wasn't worth it"....because they didn't make the playoffs??  That's nuts.  In 2 of the 4 losses in the last 5 games he played, he had 24 catches, 3 TDs and 339 yards.  Both were 3 point losses where the Defense gave up 64 points.  THAT'S why the Steelers didn't make the playoffs.

In 2013, when he had 1500 yards and they went 8-8..he wasn't worth having on the team?  Can you spell that out a little better for us?  lol.

As for the second bolded part, and again, it doesn't matter what I think.....the question is, if he has 1200 yards even with Carr (who's never had a WR of AB's caliber) then would the Raiders have considered him "worth it"?

You refuse to directly answer the question because you won't concede that the answer is obvious.

It's not an obvious answer because it's not as simple as "1,200 yards good, fewer yards bad."  If he has another season like last year, i.e. good production but they still miss the playoffs, he becomes a malcontent/cancer and sits-out the last game and starts trashing a younger WR because he's taking catches away from/feels threatened by him, no the Raiders won't be happy. 

Edited by Doc

6 hours ago, Doc said:

It's not an obvious answer because it's not as simple as "1,200 yards good, fewer yards bad."  If he has another season like last year, i.e. good production but they still miss the playoffs, he becomes a malcontent/cancer and sits-out the last game and starts trashing a younger WR because he's taking catches away from/feels threatened by him, no the Raiders won't be happy. 

It was a very simple question.Your obfuscation attempts to make it less so.

AB certainly gave no indication that he was "threatened" by "a younger WR....taking catches away from" him.  In fact he said nothing about it while he was a Steeler!  To claim, now that he is a Raider, that AB is manifesting some sort of feelings of threat by a former teammate is goofy.

• Like (+1) 1