Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

The flip side is that unless you are a bills fan, you expect a team to be relevant within 1-2 offseasons. This acceptance of a 5 year plan to be relevant is uniquely our fan base.

if Carr is actually a player, and you add brown plus 4 picks in the top 35 (including a top 5) plus free agency... there’s no reason to think they can’t be a  playoff team (besides thinking they have poor leadership and Carr isn’t good - in which case brown as a target vs someone else makes little difference)

Are they not looking to trade Carr?

3 minutes ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are you taking about the Bills or Raiders?  This was TO 2.0.

Our QB is in place

Our defense is in place

The raiders are bad on BOTH sides of the ball........

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Right. That seesaw is in every trade ever. 

Maybe, but not as much as this deal, as evidenced by how much less the Raiders offered than the Bills simply because they gave in to Brown ‘s money demands.  

Pittsburgh was just that desperate to unload Brown, and the Bills were not willing to swaps 1sts, plus another pick, plus pay Brown $20M/yr.

the part that got me was the narrative that with the increased cost he’d hurt the locker room. As if at his given contract he wouldn’t but at a raise he somehow has more oomph to impact it. I think that’s editorializing too much to create a storyline. 

Oh I think the Bills were certain he’d be a royal pain in the ass at his current salary.

But, as Beane said, we talked, it didn’t make sense for either team, we’ve moved on.  So have I.

• Like (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Our QB is in place

Our defense is in place

They may be. And that gives them a lot of cash and adds to the picks. Which in theory would contribute to a fast turn, unless their GM messes it up or they miss at QB (harder to blame GM for that given the crapshoot)

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

They may be. And that gives them a lot of cash and adds to the picks. Which in theory would contribute to a fast turn, unless their GM messes it up or they miss at QB (harder to blame GM for that given the crapshoot)

I get what you are saying.....its just a lot of unknowns for the Raiders

As alway I am worried more about m own team.

Improve the protection

Get guys who can catch a ball

Bring our QB along

• Like (+1) 1

25 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Our QB is in place

Our defense is in place

I think it’s insanely early to say Allen is better than Carr.  Carr has been a pro bowler and thrown for over 4,000 yards.  

• Like (+1) 4

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

I get what you are saying.....its just a lot of unknowns for the Raiders

As alway I am worried more about m own team.

Improve the protection

Get guys who can catch a ball

Bring our QB along

The entire offense except the QB position is a pretty much all unknown for Buffalo.  And there's no guarantee that Allen makes a step without there being some big answers soon on the OL and at the skill positions.  

Edited by BillsVet
  • Like (+1) 2

1 hour ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

Are you taking about the Bills or Raiders?  This was TO 2.0.

I think the comparisons are fair in the way they went about getting out of places they didnt want to be at.

But I think brown at this point still is more productive than TO when he came here. TO was cut just before arriving here. Nobody is cutting brown at this stage of his career.

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

The Bills haven't won a playoff game since 1995.

Perhaps........lower the bar?

No, many of you want the same philosophy and template used since 1995, no rebuild, sign superstars, try and win now, accept mediocre teams , and every August spout off on how this is the year!!! Me, trying to raise the bar; I want longevity not fast food happy meals!

2 minutes ago, vorpma said:

No, many of you want the same philosophy and template used since 1995, no rebuild, sign superstars, try and win now, accept mediocre teams , and every August spout off on how this is the year!!! Me, trying to raise the bar; I want longevity not fast food happy meals!

Laugh and smile, you really need to go sit in your room and let the adults have discussions on TBD; run along now junior! Come opening day in Buffalo, there will be a sellout crowd, most of who agree with me!

• Haha (+1) 1

6 minutes ago, vorpma said:

Laugh and smile, you really need to go sit in your room and let the adults have discussions on TBD; run along now junior! Come opening day in Buffalo, there will be a sellout crowd, most of who agree with me!

Other than Mario have we really been a sign superstars happy meal team? 

1 minute ago, NoSaint said:

Vorpma is hilarious.

You missed the thread where he was snapping at SDS and was basically like "who the *** is SDS".......then he realized and was hurriedly clickin' likes on SDS posts......classic.  :lol: 

• Haha (+1) 2
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Except for TO, no; because we have scouted like crap, drafted like crap, lousy FA signing, lousy coaching, lousy FO, and after 16 years had a "losing organization."  Now the "kids" want it and they want it now or you get temper tantrums! Sorry kids, I want the process, I know you don't understand it but it is what it is!

2 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

Vorpma is hilarious.

You missed the thread where he was snapping at SDS and was basically like "who the *** is SDS".......then he realized and was hurriedly clickin' likes on SDS posts......classic.  :lol: 

Nope, still don't know who SDS is and don't care! SDS, give me a shout!

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Except for TO, no; because we have scouted like crap, drafted like crap, lousy FA signing, lousy coaching, lousy FO, and after 16 years had a "losing organization."  Now the "kids" want it and they want it now or you get temper tantrums! Sorry kids, I want the process, I know you don't understand it but it is what it is!

If I clicked like on an SDS post it was for a reason junior!

• Haha (+1) 1

1 minute ago, vorpma said:

Are you partying with eball by any chance?  This definitely sounds like liquor talkin'.   Anyway thanks for the analogies have a good one and take some aspirin before bed. ?

• Haha (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, NoSaint said:

Not at all, which is why Mario and TO were such HUGE moves(for us.)

Teams need elite talent and I'm glad the Beane Man pursued Brown. Not quite sure where the notion that we've consistently made flashy offseason signings come from.

• Like (+1) 1

9 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

So let’s see would AB improved a Historically BAD offense last year. Easy answer is yes. 

So so now tell me how they are “Better” without him right now again?

Let's try Logic 101 on last year's team.  He wasn't on the team and the year is over so no projection can be made.  

"Everything will be alright in the end so If everything is not alright than it is not the end".

Personally not a fan of AB who brings no rings in room, quit on his team mates and wasn't even his team's MV P.   To quote the late Dennis Green, "if you want to crown him than crown him".  Glad Bean e folded.