Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

1 minute ago, aceman_16 said:

So odd they dont pay Mack but they pay this 31 y/o diva. I dont get it. And weren't they shopping around Carr??!?

It does seem a little confusing for a team that seems to be rebuilding by trading and gathering high draft picks to suddenly buy the most expensive receiver in the league and jam that on to your cap space.

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, BigDingus said:

I honestly think it was just a matter of location for AB.

I have no issue with Buffalo, but when you may be playing in Vegas soon, what player wouldn't be excited about that?

Plus Nevada is another state like TX with no income tax, so players tend to like that.

Vegas loses it pasazz after you visit the second time.

Its a gaudy, fake, depressing ***** hole in the middle of the desert. 

Im sorry to any Vegas residents on this board. I personally could not live there, so props to you.

Im sure it will be fun for a week or two if youre a famous athlete and have a boat load money and fame. Dont get me wrong there. But theres something unfulfilling about living like a heathen your whole entire life.

I think Buffalo is a much, MUCH better place to live AND visit than compared to Vegas. 

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

Im sorry to any Vegas residents on this board. I personally could not live there, so props to you.

Im sure it will be fun for a week or two if youre a famous athlete and have a boat load money and fame. Dont get me wrong there. But theres something unfulfilling about living like a heathen your whole entire life.

I think Buffalo is a much, MUCH better place to live AND visit than compared to Vegas. 

I have been to Vegas a bunch......and I know ppl that live there.

People who  live in Vegas live there for work purposes (in my experience) it is not a retirement type place.......and as you said it is out in the middle of the desert.   The tax situation is legit as another has posted.....but they dont even know if Vegas will even support a NFL team when a place like Los Angeles actually had trouble in the past.

The Raiders are in turmoil......and Brown will never win there but if it just to get his paycheck then he has accomplished that.

Buffalo's team situation is much better......our D is good and we just need to fix our O

I think Beane was trying to get AB for cheap, both in draft picks and salary.  The draft picks were probably OK but AB wants OBJ money, and he's not worth it at that age, and not for the Bills with a rebuilding offense. 

I look at this like a regular guy walking into a yacht store and seeing one he likes, and trying to figure out how he could make the payments.  After a little while you just shake your head and walk out.

• Like (+1) 1

8 minutes ago, GETTOTHE50 said:

That's your opinion, and that's fine, but I don't think many young players would agree with you. There's a LOT to do, and it's not all like the brochures want you to think.

Believe it or not, you can do stuff in Vegas other than "heathen" things. And I don't want to get into it, but there are many, MANY negative things people can say about Buffalo, but we heard enough of it two nights ago I don't feel like retreading that garbage.

3 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I have been to Vegas a bunch......and I know ppl that live there.

People who  live in Vegas live there for work purposes (in my experience) it is not a retirement type place.......and as you said it is out in the middle of the desert.   The tax situation is legit as another has posted.....but they dont even know if Vegas will even support a NFL team when a place like Los Angeles actually had trouble in the past.

The Raiders are in turmoil......and Brown will never win there but if it just to get his paycheck then he has accomplished that.

Buffalo's team situation is much better......our D is good and we just need to fix our O

Yea, my bad for ripping on Vegas so hard. I know a couple of people who live and work there too. The residents for the most part seem like good people. I was mostly referring to the strip and desert.

But back to football, I think the Bills are much better than the Raiders. I agree, the Bills have the better D by a landslide. I also thought the offenses were quite similar, until the recent acquisition of Brown. 

11 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

The Bills are in turmoil if Allen looks bad this year... Let's not pretend we're even close to well-off or anything.

We have a strong defense, but Brown is 31 and clearly wants to enjoy his last years, and Vegas would be a place to do that, not Buffalo.

I'm sorry, but if you need any more evidence just look at his reactions to this trade announcement and all things leading up to it. Look at his posts on social media. Look at how genuinely happy he is about it. Now flash back a couple nights ago & how did he react? Polar opposites.

There's a reason the Bills trade for AB fell through, and it's likely not because they just suddenly stopped wanting a great WR. He didn't want any part of this team, a ton of money guaranteed or not. The Bills probably pulled out after his dissatisfaction was made clear to save face & not waste picks.

We had an abysmal offense last year. And yes, it looked a little better at the end of the year, but we all KNEW that would happen. In fact, before the turn around I made a post about that very thing. We had the EASIEST final 6 games of any team in the league, which just so happened to coincide with us suddenly being able to eek out a few decent games. So we beat some crap teams, big deal, we're still going to be bad until Josh Allen proves he can play in a way he's never played before (which would be asking a lot of anyone to do).

Reason enough for Brown to stay away, especially when this is likely Shady's last year (if he even makes it to/through the season).

Edited by BigDingus
  • Like (+1) 2

3 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

That's your opinion, and that's fine, but I don't think many young players would agree with you. There's a LOT to do, and it's not all like the brochures want you to think.

Believe it or not, you can do stuff in Vegas other than "heathen" things. And I don't want to get into it, but there are many, MANY negative things people can say about Buffalo, but we heard enough of it two nights ago I don't feel like retreading that garbage.

Sure, Vegas beats Buffalo in terms of entertainment and strippers.

and yea, youre probably right. The majority of young players would prefer to live there as compared to Buffalo. 

but I still think Buffalo is a wayyy better city. Its not even close

I wouldn’t pick Vegas to live over a bunch of other cities, but if my other choice was Buffalo, I’m definitely picking Vegas. 

Im in ATL - If for nothing else, I’m so sick of the rain in the Southeast that the desert sounds incredible to me right now - However, IMO, Atlanta is nicer city to reside in. 

That being said.  I’m pretty sure Shady has homes in Atlanta and South Florida.   It’s not like these guys have to live year round in their teams locale.  

Edited by SCBills

35 minutes ago, HurlyBurly51 said:

Why would they?  The process doesn’t call for a selfish 31 year old diva who quits on his teammates and throws his QB under the bus. Raiders gonna Raider adding this cancer to the locker room.

Ask Beane because he tried to trade for him.

1 hour ago, metzelaars_lives said:

There is no other way to spin it: the Bills look bad.  They couldn’t beat that?  Are the Bills that much less of a desirable destination than the Raiders??  

Correct.  We have a long way to go.  The Raiders have their QB on the trading block for *****'s sake and a star WR would rather go there.

1 hour ago, Estelle Getty said:

According to his twitter.....Probably a bad idea for both though. 

They're further away then the Bills... they don't even know where they're going to be playing football games at

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Logic said:

And going back to the original "coach and QB" point, it seems likely that Whaley was missing BOTH of those things, thus causing the rest of the names mentioned not to matter.

It also points out that collecting talent is not the same as building a team. Think of the character/motivation of guys like Dareus, Watkins, and Glenn. Not exactly "team first" guys by most accounts.

Great points.  

If the rumors about the price of the Bills deal with Pittsburgh are true, Brown's parting gift to the Steelers was a lousier deal.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, DBilz2500 said:

Oakland/Vegas is seen as a much happening city than Buffalo especially to a young rich single black man-plenty more prostitutes, much warmer and more gambling. No way he’d ever agree to come to Buffalo....

What could go wrong?