Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

Just now, Virgil said:

I don't know how the Eagles would be able to afford him

Good point. Aren’t they up against it? And AB wants a NEW deal? 

Just now, whatdrought said:

Gruden deserves him.   ?

1 minute ago, Virgil said:

I don't know how the Eagles would be able to afford him

Is there an expensive piece on their team they could realistically send back for him? Malcom Jenkins, Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox, Alshon Jeffery? I don't see them parting with any of those guys, but maybe Jeffery?.. I dunno. 

Also, If they were to trade Jeffery I would think the Jags would want to jump on that to keep he and Foles working together. #thingsithink

3 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

I wouldn't say its denial. What I will say, again, is that ultimately he doesn't control what teams he gets traded to. If traded, he has one of two choices. Play ball or retire. That's the bottom line.

Personally, I don't want him anywhere near Josh Allen

No he can play chicken and sit out to week 9 or so then make the team scramble to fit him under cap and repeat it each year until team is tired of it. 

1 hour ago, SWATeam said:

Steelers need to take control of this and just hold his ass until he agrees to report to a team that gives them compensation they’re comfortable with.

Unfortunately he can hold out to week 9 or so, tell team he will pay and then they need to cut him or scramble to fit under cap.

AB salary is $12,625,000 which is why these discussions are being held now not in previous two years when his salary was $910,000/$915,000 w/$3M bonus.

32 minutes ago, Limeaid said:

No he can play chicken and sit out to week 9 or so then make the team scramble to fit him under cap and repeat it each year until team is tired of it. 

Unfortunately he can hold out to week 9 or so, tell team he will pay and then they need to cut him or scramble to fit under cap.

AB salary is $12,625,000 which is why these discussions are being held now not in previous two years when his salary was $910,000/$915,000 w/$3M bonus.

Oh, I agree. She's a diva for sure. I want no part of that

22 minutes ago, stuvian said:

save for a blank cheque I cannot see see AB choosing Oakland over Buffalo

Perhaps the fact that he's an attention seeking moron and probably loves the idea of living in Vegas and Nevada has no income tax...

37 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

IMO an under mentioned factor.  I think it would have made a statement 3 days before free agency to add AB to our offense.  I think his refusal to come here also potentially made a statement entering FA.

I doubt anyone's opinion of Buffalo changed because of AB.

• Like (+1) 1

33 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Oh Idk. I bet that was his choice all along. Makes no sense to go there but 1)it’s The Raiders. Moving Mack out because they couldn’t afford his bonus money, just to now bring in someone like AB who will be bitching about money and getting the ball again in a year, but whatever.  And 2) there’s enough people on the radio saying it makes perfect sense for him to go there so yeah. It’s been,  as the guy in the AB video said,  the “black and gray” or whatever all along.   But Buffalo AM radio and half the d-bags here will say the Bills suck regardless of what will happen, so nevermind. 

Edited by bobblehead

Very happily we're no longer involved in this circus. If I'm a GM, I ask him one question:  why should I believe you won't quit on my team the way you did with the Steelers?

And if I'm the Steelers he sits for three years till his contract's up or he retires.

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, oldmanfan said:

Very happily we're no longer involved in this circus. If I'm a GM, I ask him one question:  why should I believe you won't quit on my team the way you did with the Steelers?

And if I'm the Steelers he sits for three years till his contract's up or he retires.

Or flying under the radar again as was originally intended.

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Is there an expensive piece on their team they could realistically send back for him? Malcom Jenkins, Lane Johnson, Jason Kelce, Fletcher Cox, Alshon Jeffery? I don't see them parting with any of those guys, but maybe Jeffery?.. I dunno. 

Also, If they were to trade Jeffery I would think the Jags would want to jump on that to keep he and Foles working together. #thingsithink

I have no idea how that stuff works.  I don’t know how much of AB’s contract they are responsible, but if they give him a new deal, I guess it won’t matter.  

Then you have the different penalties to cut vs trade.  It all gives me diarrhea to think about.  

Either way, I don’t see AB to the Eagles happening 

50 minutes ago, stuvian said:

Which makes him an idiot