Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

10 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

Looks like AB could be a New Orleans Saint.  Apparently not completely finalized.

So the Steelers give up a top 5 WR and a 1st round pick for....an average offensive lineman and a bunch of late round crap? 

Color me skeptical.

That looks more like a fantasy trade idea from the Saints message board.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Logic said:

So the Steelers give up a top 5 WR and a 1st round pick for....an average offensive lineman and a bunch of late round crap? 

Color me skeptical.

As Antonio Brown would say “fake news”. Steelers would just cut him if that was the return for what they give up. 

8 minutes ago, Logic said:

Color me skeptical.

3 minutes ago, Chuck Wagon said:

That's bogus, some saints fan twitter.

We'll see.  There is also this:

34 minutes ago, Logic said:

Very interesting. 

There certainly does seem to be a formula for winning that is not just as simple as "Get a coach, get a QB". I USED to think that was all that was needed, but the careers of QBs from Dan Fouts, to Dan Marino, to Philip Rivers, to Andrew Luck so far, even to how few rings Peyton Manning won...It's NOT just coach and QB.

Get a QB, protect him. Get to the opposition's QB and affect him. That's still the gist. HOW that all is done seems to be fungible. 

The biggest changes I see are interior pass rushers becoming as important as edge rushers, and consequently centers and guards becoming more important than they used to be. Additionally, right tackle has become a more premium position, as more and more top line edge rushers line up on the left.

Football's strategic evolution is so ***** interesting.

I think the change in pass rushers is really interesting cause I wonder if it will swing back the other way. 5 years ago it was all about the edge and about getting a LT that can block the edge. Well, that caused people to look for inside rushers and now the counter is the revaluing of Guards (imagine a guard going top 10 5-10 years ago). It's literally trench warfare. They make strides on the inside, you defend the inside. They go to the outside, you go back to the outside. 

I agree about it being interesting. It's crazy to see how these trends go. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

That's obviously fake news. He has the same trade scenario pinned on his feed from a week ago. 

The March 2 tweet was a theory.  Look at the trade details between that tweet (March 2) and the tweet from today; there is an obvious difference. 

Just now, whatdrought said:

I think the change in pass rushers is really interesting cause I wonder if it will swing back the other way. 5 years ago it was all about the edge and about getting a LT that can block the edge. Well, that caused people to look for inside rushers and now the counter is the revaluing of Guards (imagine a guard going top 10 5-10 years ago). It's literally trench warfare. They make strides on the inside, you defend the inside. They go to the outside, you go back to the outside. 

Absolutely.

There are some really great books about the evolution of football:

The Genius of Desperation by Doug Farrar and Louis Riddick
The Games That Changed The Game by David Plaut, Greg Cosell, and Ron Jaworski

And speaking of strategic moves and counter-moves: I'm looking forward to power run offenses and bruising running backs coming back into vogue a little bit in the coming years to counter the ever smaller, ever faster defensive players that teams are rolling out these days.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

The March 2 tweet was a theory.  Look at the trade details between that tweet (March 2) and the tweet from today; there is an obvious difference. 

March 2:

Today: 

It's different, but if you believe that this random guy predicted it that closely, and then was the first to break the real deal, I have some real estate I would love to discuss selling to you. 

image.png.e3cb649eaded26774226e1ed1bcd2793.png

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It's just so much more difficult to find interior pass rushers, which makes Aaron Donald so valuable. He's really in a league of his own.

Just now, Logic said:

Absolutely.

There are some really great books about the evolution of football:

The Genius of Desperation by Doug Farrar and Louis Riddick
The Games That Changed The Game by David Plaut, Greg Cosell, and Ron Jaworski

And speaking of strategic moves and counter-moves: I'm looking forward to power run offenses and bruising running backs coming back into vogue a little bit in the coming years to counter the ever smaller, ever faster defensive players that teams are rolling out these days.

Oh yeah! That's gonna be awesome. Guys like Dion Jones trying to taking a Mike Alstott. 

1 minute ago, BillsSB2020 said:

It's just so much more difficult to find interior pass rushers, which makes Aaron Donald so valuable. He's really in a league of his own.

Meh, it is and it isn't. 

Really the reason that this evolution happens is the way the farm system (college) affects the NFL. It's even crazy looking all the way back to Pewee and little tykes... People complain about a lack of black QB's, but the young teams that I've helped coach have always had white QB's cause the black kids are typically much better athletes and are wasted at QB when the QB does nothing. That trend goes all the way through College. It's such a waterfall thing. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

No way that Saints trade is real. I’m not saying he doesn’t go to the saints, but not for that. 

All the reports say the Steelers are holding firm in wanting a 1st.

Reports also say the raiders offered a 2nd and 4th. 

Now suddenly they are going to trade Brown AND their own 1st?

No way. 

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

It's different, but if you believe that this random guy predicted it that closely, and then was the first to break the real deal, I have some real estate I would love to discuss selling to you. 

HaHa.  How much?

Not sure exactly how he knows this other than he mentions he knows someone in the Saints organization.  We'll see probably this weekend.  Haven't seen anything from Glazer or Rappaport, who kind of got burnt last night.

Just now, Happy Gilmore said:

HaHa.  How much?

Not sure exactly how he knows this other than he mentions he knows someone in the Saints organization.  We'll see probably this weekend.  Haven't seen anything from Glazer or Rappaport, who kind of got burnt last night.

conditional pick in 2021. lol

I would be 100% shocked if this turned out to be real. In fact, if this turned out to be real I would sooner believe that it's the worlds biggest coincidence rather than that this guy got it right. 

The main guys probably will be real intentional to make sure all the T's are crossed and the I's are dotted before making any reports after last night. Jerks. I'm still salty. 

• Like (+1) 1