Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

1 minute ago, Chuck Wagon said:

Watch us still end up with him....

Pretty sure that ship has sailed.  

I hope Allen becomes the type of QB he regrets not being with.  That right now, is my thought process about this whole thing. 

30 minutes ago, Logic said:

I wonder if his entire body gets tired, or just his hands???

Or is there an exhausted puppet master up top? 

Edited by Augie
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

It’ll be kinda interesting to see how AB handles it if he goes to the raiders and they suck for the foreseeable future (which doesn’t seem that unlikely...), especially since he is doing what he can to pick his next destination. 

15 minutes ago, White Linen said:

It's equal to the 5th most draft capital in the league.  

You're actually wrong on both accounts.  We have a lot of picks and we have a lot of draft capital.  I mean get emotional about it if you want.  Those are the facts. 

Feel free to be technical all you like to make yourself right. It’s all good. I’m not emotional at all. You are right, they have a lot of picks. The extra 4,5, and 7 are premium extras 

Antonio Brown is GREAT,  BUT he is 31 and will be in decline within 2 years (IMHO).  If the trade involved a 3rd round pick or later, then I could get interested in paying him a lot for 2 years.

I wouldn’t want to trade even this year’s 2nd for a 2 year, very high paid WR, given Allen’s youth and limited talent around him.  Remember, if you trade a high pick for Brown, you deplete cap space for FAs and presumably trade away a top 3 round pick.

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Augie said:

I wonder if his entire body gets tired, or just his hands???

Or is there an exhausted puppet master up top? 

I interviewed for a new job the other day and half way through realized how much I speak with my hands. Now it is something I am completely aware of and holy hell is it a tough habit to break. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

16 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Feel free to be technical all you like to make yourself right. It’s all good. I’m not emotional at all. You are right, they have a lot of picks. The extra 4,5, and 7 are premium extras 

Just to point this out...10 picks is still 10 picks. McBeane have found gems in every round, as well as UDFA. Cookie was a 5th rounder. Taron was a 4th. Players get found at every level by good GM's. Beane is one of those. That extra 4, 5, and 7 could easily be a starter, and ST'ers, or depth... Or they could be packaged to move up and get a guy they really like. Either way, draft capital is draft capital. And I would rather see them make diligent moves with those picks, as compared to The Raiders wasting theirs on "sexy/splashy/trendy" picks

3 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

LOL this is like being one of the contestants on one of those dating shows who gets rejected by the hot woman in the preliminary rounds and is then forced to watch her go on an all expenses paid date with the guy she ended up picking.

Especially if he's an ugly guy lol

Edited by BuffAlone

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

LOL this is like being one of the contestants on one of those dating shows who gets rejected by the hot woman in the preliminary rounds and is then forced to watch her go on an all expenses paid date with the guy she ended up picking.

Nah, more like realizing halfway through your date that you can get it but the woman is hella high maintenance so you back off and watch other dudes put the p on a pedestal. 

• Like (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, LVGrown said:

I interviewed for a new job the other day and half way through realized how much I speak with my hands. Now it is something I am completely aware of and holy hell is it a tough habit to break. 

Watch the video again, it might shake you to your core and change your life! (Not to mention, maybe prevent you from poking your own eye out!) 

• Haha (+1) 2

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

Especially if he's an ugly guy lol

Ha, actually many of the responses today have been similar to the way men react to hot women when they get rejected:

She's too full of herself! (He's a cancer)
She's hot but too high maintenance! (he's a diva)

Have you seen her mom?! She'll look terrible when she's 40 (he's over the hill)

Etc.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, RobbRiddick said:

Ha, actually many of the responses today have been similar to the way men react to hot women when they get rejected:

Etc.

I’m pretty sure more posters than not didn’t want to trade for him though...  It’s not like he was hyped up on here.   

Id say it’s closer to being bored on Tinder so you start matching girls you’d never want to hook up with anyway, then get mad when one of them ghosts you.  

2 minutes ago, SCBills said:

I’m pretty sure more posters than not didn’t want to trade for him though...  It’s not like he was hyped up on here.   

Id say it’s closer to being bored on Tinder so you start matching girls you’d never want to hook up with anyway, then get mad when one of them ghosts you.  

Yeah, I was mainly thinking about some of the call ins on WGR earlier. It was fun, people were going insane over it. When I heard we were swapping 1sts I actually started to talk myself into it being a good idea. Then I read one of ABs Instagram posts and remembered he's a dick

• Like (+1) 1

Why would Buffalo offer a trade for Brown and not expect him to want to be the highest paid wr? I dont undertand that.  I thought it was common knowledge he wanted more money because he was out of guaranteed cash.  Sounds bizarre.  Of the teams in question buffalo has the most money and cap space.

5 minutes ago, RobbRiddick said:

Etc.

Hey man, us ugly guys actually think "any port in a storm" or, as my friend used to say, "18 to 80, blind, crippled, or crazy. If she can't walk, I'll carry her....and bring her Mom". Lmao