Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

11 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

We don’t have a lot of picks. If the raiders stand pat and use all 3 first rounders this year they could very well add some premium blue chip players and turn the whole thing around. 4 picks in the top 40 will land you some impact players 

Not saying they will, but they easily could. 

They also have like 60-70 million in cap space too I think to spend. 

You mean impact players... like... Mack and Cooper?!?!

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We have 10 picks, including the 9th overall and 40th overall.  And I trust Beane and McD to do a lot more with those first 2 picks than Raiders accomplish with their 3 first rounders based on draft history.   And we are a whole defense ahead of the Raiders as it is.  They need to a lot of improvements to just be where the Bills are today and have a inept staff running their ship to try and do it.

I get it, but I don’t think they’re as far off as you’re making it. 

Pass rush fixes the defense pretty fast. One rookie and one free agent can transform that whole defense. 

I can understand not having faith in their front office though 

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

it will probably be the Raiders, it was always going to b the Raiders the more it looks 

I don't think they have the cash to afford high signing bonus from a restructure.  Not cap space, actual cash on hand.  That is rumored to be the real reason Mack and Cooper were traded, couldn't afford the upfront bonuses for the new deals.

Edited by Mark80

3 minutes ago, White Linen said:

Yes we do.

We have extra late picks. Raiders currently have 4 picks in the top 40 of the draft. 

Thats a huge difference in talent. Our extra picks more than likely are practice squad level players. Maybe you get a decent hit on one of them. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Antonio Brown can get bent. He's burning bridges left and right. I hope he crashes and burns. With all the ***** he talked on his QB (off the field issues aside), good luck ending up in a better situation going forward. 

46 minutes ago, Inigo Montoya said:

If I were a rich, young, single guy I wouldn't mind living and playing in Las Vegas.  They have no state income tax in Nevada either.

I, like Logic, somewhat reluctantly agree that Vegas is a more desirable locale all things being equal.

I think the tax thing is a bit overblown as it pertains to the Bills(and other teams for that matter). Most players have their primary residence elsewhere.

6 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I get it, but I don’t think they’re as far off as you’re making it. 

Pass rush fixes the defense pretty fast. One rookie and one free agent can transform that whole defense. 

I can understand not having faith in their front office though 

All good, but I still dont think they are as close as you think.

Raiders had Mack, and the same defense still stunk and was a seive.  They are a lot farther away from a good defense than a pass rusher.  Their secondary is terrible so is the LB's and DL.  Any of these guys would probably be the best player on the Raiders defense right now:  Hyde, Poyer, White, Edmunds, Hughes, Zo, and maybe even Star.  We have easily 5 guys who are better than any other Raider defender today, and one could argue 7.  

So I still disagree on how close they are.  And I would take Josh Allen over Derek Carr right now too.  Yes Carr has done more, but he hasn't been the same in years and Allen showed a lot of growth last year and elevated a bad team.  Carr has squandered talent, I mean he couldn't even get Cooper involved while Dak made Cooper a star again.  Allen elevated UDFA rookies who got cut during the season and made use of guys who perennially drop passes like Zay.  

PS:  Radiers also now have to contend with Mahomes in that division, while Bills are in a division where the Elite is near the end and Jets and Mia are not much of a threat yet.  Bills better suited for near term divisional success.  

Edited by Alphadawg7

Just now, Rc2catch said:

Lol well that’s a whole different conversation.. I guess cheaper probably not as good versions of Mack and cooper 

I mean, to play devils advocate. If ABs biggest thing is playing for a winning team with a winning QB- selling him on futures and what they could possibly land in the draft is a weak launching point. 

What picks will they have to give up for AB and are we just assuming they will hit on absolutely every pick...

3 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

We have extra late picks. Raiders currently have 4 picks in the top 40 of the draft. 

Thats a huge difference in talent. Our extra picks more than likely are practice squad level players. Maybe you get a decent hit on one of them. 

You said we don't have a lot of picks.  That is incorrect.  

So you think you were debating the Raiders picks vs the Bills?  I guess you were having that conversation with yourself. 

Just now, BillsFan17 said:

I mean, to play devils advocate. If ABs biggest thing is playing for a winning team with a winning QB- selling him on futures and what they could possibly land in the draft is a weak launching point. 

What picks will they have to give up for AB and are we just assuming they will hit on absolutely every pick...

It can go a million different ways.. 

Just now, White Linen said:

You said we don't have a lot of picks.  That is incorrect.  

So you think you were debating the Raiders picks vs the Bills?  I guess you were having that conversation with yourself. 

We don’t have a lot of picks. You can say 10 all day and be right, but that’s equal to 4 decent players if you get lucky 

1 hour ago, whatdrought said:

Seems unlikely that Beane would go back on his saying it was over... 

Unless that was just a trade ploy to get them to lower their asking price by making them think we walked. I doubt it but it's always a possibility

2 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

We don’t have a lot of picks. You can say 10 all day and be right, but that’s equal to 4 decent players if you get lucky 

It's equal to the 5th most draft capital in the league.  

You're actually wrong on both accounts.  We have a lot of picks and we have a lot of draft capital.  I mean get emotional about it if you want.  Those are the facts. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

I mean, yeah the raiders have one more pick than Buffalo, but a plethora of pending free agents. 33 (23 unrestricted) to be exact.

There is no way to slice it, the Raiders are not in a better position than Buffalo currently.

• Like (+1) 3

5 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

I mean, yeah the raiders have one more pick than Buffalo, but a plethora of pending free agents. 33 (23 unrestricted) to be exact.

There is no way to slice it, the Raiders are not in a better position than Buffalo currently.

Good point BillsFan17

3 minutes ago, DJB said:

https://mobile.twitter.com/AdamSchefter?ref_src=twsrc^google|twcamp^serp|twgr^author

Breaking news! Adam Shefter reports that Antonio Brown has been traded to the Saskatchewan Rough Riders of the CFL.  More details to follow. 

Fake News! (I learned that line watching AB's campaign) ?

• Like (+1) 1