Antonio Brown trade may be happening today, announcing team soon: UPDATE: TRADED to Raiders

All the twitter buzz (unreliable of course) is all about him and Raiders.  Seems thats the over whelming favorite, maybe there isnt even really 3 teams and that was just leaked by his agent to make AB seem in more demand for some PR love.  Deal could already be done just not announced.  

3 minutes ago, Coach Tuesday said:

He doesn’t care about team success.  He is working on his brand and his benjamins.  He’ll figure he can thrive under the Vegas spotlight with no state income tax to boot.

Well to be fair, I would rather play in warm and exciting Las Vegas in a brand new stadium than in Buffalo...and I am a Bills fan.  But he emphasized winning, and Bills are a lot closer to that than the Raiders.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Like (+1) 1

10 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny thing is Bills are light years in better shape than the Raiders and thats ironically where he will likely be.  Over next 5 years, I bet the Bills average at least 3 more wins per season than the Raiders.

I would disagree. Neither team is exactly in good shape, but the bills are still quite a few playmakers away from being one of the worst teams in the league. Raiders are loaded with picks and similar to us not sure if they’re gonna get good quarterback play or bad play. 

30 minutes ago, Augie said:

The tax thing will even out after playing 1 or possibly 2 years in California. 

Where would they play in California?  The Raiders aren’t even selling tickets for 2019.

Certainly not Oakland, Santa Clara, San Diego, or LA.  Don’t see the Giants sharing Oracle Park either.

Berkeley?  Doubt it.  Palo Alto?  Don’t think so.  

Wouldn’t they have to announce their home field before the schedule is released, especially if they’re planning to share a home field with another NFL team?

Maybe Pasadena.  Yeah, that’s it.  Lots of little old ladies from there. ?

Edited by The Senator

Just now, Rc2catch said:

I would disagree. Neither team is exactly in good shape, but the bills are still quite a few playmakers away from being one of the worst teams in the league. Raiders are loaded with picks and similar to us not sure if they’re gonna get good quarterback play or bad play. 

We have a lot of picks too and we are in way better overall shape.  Raiders are light years away from a good defense and their offense is as devoid of talent as ours, if not worse.  We have a lot of cap room to help fill the holes, and with an ascending young QB and a stout young defense, we are close to being a very good football team.  Not to mention we have a better front office and coaching staff by a mile.

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Where would they play in California?

Certainly not Oakland, Mountain View, San Diego, or LA.  Berkeley?  Doubt it.  Palo Alto?  Don’t think so.  

Maybe Pasadena.  Yeah, that’s it.  Lots of little old ladies there. ?

AB does love the ladies!    ?

They do have a deal for a year somewhere with an option for another. I don’t recall the details. Did I dream this up? 

18 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Funny thing is Bills are light years in better shape than the Raiders and thats ironically where he will likely be.  Over next 5 years, I bet the Bills average at least 3 more wins per season than the Raiders.

Thats a safe bet IMO.  Bookies in Vegas should be all over that!  Lol

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We have a lot of picks too and we are in way better overall shape.  Raiders are light years away from a good defense and their offense is as devoid of talent as ours, if not worse.  We have a lot of cap room to help fill the holes, and with an ascending young QB and a stout young defense, we are close to being a very good football team.  Not to mention we have a better front office and coaching staff by a mile.

We don’t have a lot of picks. If the raiders stand pat and use all 3 first rounders this year they could very well add some premium blue chip players and turn the whole thing around. 4 picks in the top 40 will land you some impact players 

Not saying they will, but they easily could. 

They also have like 60-70 million in cap space too I think to spend. 

• Like (+1) 1

15 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Things can change quickly.  And I think last year marked the start of some big changes in the NFL power structure. 

I'm optimistic that some of the teams who have been awful for several years (particularly the Browns, Jets and Bills) finally were able to get their franchise QBs.  If I'm right, don't be surprised if all three of these places are prime targets for free agents by next year.

The teams who have been dominating during that same time (particularly the Patriots and Steelers) are inching closer towards their Hall-of-Fame leaders finally retiring.  And as we already know, finding a new franchise QB is much easier said that done.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

We don’t have a lot of picks. If the raiders stand pat and use all 3 first rounders this year they could very well add some premium blue chip players and turn the whole thing around.

Gruden's doing the picking, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

13 minutes ago, Augie said:

AB does love the ladies!    ?

They do have a deal for a year somewhere with an option for another. I don’t recall the details. Did I dream this up? 

I don’t recall hearing that, but I haven’t followed closely...

https://www.ticketnews.com/2019/01/raiders-season-ticket-holders-new-stadium/

If they did have a deal in place, you’d think they’d be selling tickets.  Plus, if they plan to co-exist with another team, they’d have to let the league - or leagues - know, for scheduling purposes.

OTOH, it should be easy to sell out 36,000 seats at Sam Boyd Stadium.

Edited by The Senator

4 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

We don’t have a lot of picks. If the raiders stand pat and use all 3 first rounders this year they could very well add some premium blue chip players and turn the whole thing around. 4 picks in the top 40 will land you some impact players 

We have 10 picks, including the 9th overall and 40th overall.  And I trust Beane and McD to do a lot more with those first 2 picks than Raiders accomplish with their 3 first rounders based on draft history.   And we are a whole defense ahead of the Raiders as it is.  They need to a lot of improvements to just be where the Bills are today and have a inept staff running their ship to try and do it.

5 minutes ago, mjt328 said:

Things can change quickly.  And I think last year marked the start of some big changes in the NFL power structure. 

I'm optimistic that some of the teams who have been awful for several years (particularly the Browns, Jets and Bills) finally were able to get their franchise QBs.  If I'm right, don't be surprised if all three of these places are prime targets for free agents by next year.

The teams who have been dominating during that same time (particularly the Patriots and Steelers) are inching closer towards their Hall-of-Fame leaders finally retiring.  And as we already know, finding a new franchise QB is much easier said that done.

All great points and I agree with all of them.  Browns I think will win their division, and I believe the Bills can and will contend to dethrone the Pats THIS year if Beane and McD have a strong offseason in rebuilding the talent around Josh on the offense.  

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

We have 10 picks, including the 9th overall and 40th overall.  And I trust Beane and McD to do a lot more with those first 2 picks than Raiders accomplish with their 3 first rounders based on draft history.   And we are a whole defense ahead of the Raiders as it is.  They need to a lot of improvements to just be where the Bills are today and have a inept staff running their ship to try and do it.

I agree Dawg. I don't see this working out well for them. They have some great picks, but are gonna spend some on AB, and take combine darlings who will never live up to their selection. Its gonna happen that way

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Rc2catch said:

Yes we do.

• Thank you (+1) 1

1 minute ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

As does every mock drafter

Yeah well, he's made a career out of being way off. He spends all that time working on his craft, only to throw his work out and ppick a "sexy" choice anyway. Thats my point