Why not OBJ?

Virgil

1 hour ago, billsfan_34 said:

Wasnt it more of “they come in all shapes and sizes” 

Actually, that might just be more correct, I can't remember explicitly, but I thought the original question was along the lines of 'what do you think a #1 WR should look like?', and the reply was 'they come in all shapes and sizes'.

I'd say also, that Beane doesn't really like the notion of a  #1 WR, probably due to 'team' ideas in respect of 'the process'. That's not to say he doesn't want quality at the position though.

14 hours ago, Virgil said:

If we are willing to pay a guy and put up with the Prima Donna attitude, why not reach out to the Giants too about OBJ?

For the record, I don’t want either douchebags on the team. 

However, if you’re down with the sickness, OBJ is a performer, already has the deal, and the Giants are open for business. 

If this belongs in another threads, please move 

The Giants can't afford to trade him, they would have something crazy like $34m in dead cap THIS YEAR if they do. 

14 hours ago, BringBackOrton said:

OBJ hasn't publicly demanded a trade and he's younger.  The asking price would start with a #1 pick.

You're right, and I'd give them #9 without blinking for OBJ. He is that good. You aren't drafting any WR in this class anywhere who even has a ceiling anywhere near OBJ with that pick.

9 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Add Tampa to that list, they're rebuilding and maybe they'd consider moving Mike Evans

Doubtful. Winston, Evans and Desean Jackson are all wonderful fits for Bruce Arians' vertical attack. Jackson obviously for the elite deep speed, but Evans has the ability to go up and get it in contested situations and that's invaluable. All BA needs to do is teach Winston to push the ball down the field without throwing into like, triple coverage. He's already got the gunslinger push it down the field mindset, now he just needs to learn a little control.

3 minutes ago, JM57 said:

Doubtful. Winston, Evans and Desean Jackson are all wonderful fits for Bruce Arians' vertical attack. Jackson obviously for the elite deep speed, but Evans has the ability to go up and get it in contested situations and that's invaluable. All BA needs to do is teach Winston to push the ball down the field without throwing into like, triple coverage. He's already got the gunslinger push it down the field mindset, now he just needs to learn a little control.

Have you looked at their salary cap numbers? They have are about to have a ton of holes and like $3M in cap money this season. They are going to have to make decisions on A LOT of players. The cap situation is a mess there. They'll end up cutting players and getting nothing for them. It's not about how Evans fits into their offense, it's about being realistic with what needs to be done in Tampa. They have 6 draft picks and do basically nothing in FA.

I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying it's worth inquiring about with the shape that that team is in.

31 minutes ago, Wayne Cubed said:

Have you looked at their salary cap numbers? They have are about to have a ton of holes and like $3M in cap money this season. They are going to have to make decisions on A LOT of players. The cap situation is a mess there. They'll end up cutting players and getting nothing for them. It's not about how Evans fits into their offense, it's about being realistic with what needs to be done in Tampa. They have 6 draft picks and do basically nothing in FA.

I'm not saying it will happen, I'm saying it's worth inquiring about with the shape that that team is in.

Salary cap hell or not, a 25 year old true #1 WR with a unique blend of size and skill set isn't what you get rid of. That's your building block.

JPP, Gerald McCoy, Cameron Brate, Desean Jackson...now those are your cap casualty guys.

Edited by JM57

If it were possible to get him, we should absolutely do it without a second thought. I hate when anyone says we don't need that attitude on the team... character doesn't win titles, so if we could get an elite talent you do it. Building a culture, is coach speak for when you lack talent, nothing more 

17 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Because clearly Beane and McDermott don’t think you need to have a No 1 receiver...

Weren’t they just saying that a week or two back?

This is where McD and Daboll are regarding "#! WR":

“At the end of the day I’m looking for a guy that can affect a defense, from a matchup standpoint, and a guy that people have to be mindful of,” McDermott said. “Other than that I want them to get open, catch the ball and put the ball down - and then come back and do it again.”

lol.  So...get open, catch the ball, put the ball down and then do it again.   This is next level stuff man...

• Like (+1) 1

Some of our fans are outright delusional homers.  We all know or have family members that think their junk is worth top dollar, while they feel others legitimate or tangible assets hold little value.  Any one of you that thinks J. Jones wouldn't merit a #1 pick is just not in touch with reality.  They're also most likely the same people that thought McCoy was going to fetch a 2nd round pick, or drew a line in the sand thinking he was actually worth a second day pick.  All the while not seeing he's absolutely worthless.  Part of the high value of 1st round pick is the possibility of acquiring an elite talent with a fixed cap number for 4+ years.  Let's see what shakes out during the FA period.  Besides Jones and the Falcons meltdown in the SB, what have the WRs mentioned done to help their team win?  OBJ has missed too much time.  Why would a team building a foundation need a guy like him?  What has he done for the Giants W/L record?  

Julio Jones' Production:  In his past five years, has a bills receiver ever had a year that's close to any one of his years from 14-18?

Year
Team
REC
YDS
AVG
LNG
TD
ATT
YDS
AVG

-

-

Career

Edited by YodaMan79

11 minutes ago, Mr. WEO said:

This is where McD and Daboll are regarding "#! WR":

“At the end of the day I’m looking for a guy that can affect a defense, from a matchup standpoint, and a guy that people have to be mindful of,” McDermott said. “Other than that I want them to get open, catch the ball and put the ball down - and then come back and do it again.”

lol.  So...get open, catch the ball, put the ball down and then do it again.   This is next level stuff man...

When you don't already have it of course you want it. When you only have a below-level  of stuff it's not surprising that you want the above-level of stuff. It' s both funny and sad that this team's receiving corps lacked the basic requisite in their receiving unit. Let's not discuss the OL because that would be even more dispiriting. ? 

8 hours ago, Buddo said:

Actually, that might just be more correct, I can't remember explicitly, but I thought the original question was along the lines of 'what do you think a #1 WR should look like?', and the reply was 'they come in all shapes and sizes'.

I'd say also, that Beane doesn't really like the notion of a  #1 WR, probably due to 'team' ideas in respect of 'the process'. That's not to say he doesn't want quality at the position though.

It definitely isnt a problem to have 2 or 3 really good WR’s however having “a true number 1” that is a difference maker is something that would really help Josh Allen.

I'd think he would be a great addition to Josh as they could be a match made in heaven!  I think Josh will be fine either way and the kid has a chip on his shoulder as he has a chance to be the Michael Jordon of quarterbacks but we shall see,  Josh Allen has tremdous awareness, arm from hell, good field vision and can boogie if needed but most importantly heart of a Lion.

Edited by NFLBighits
Spelling

17 hours ago, cgg716 said:

If it were possible to get him, we should absolutely do it without a second thought. I hate when anyone says we don't need that attitude on the team... character doesn't win titles, so if we could get an elite talent you do it. Building a culture, is coach speak for when you lack talent, nothing more 

Obviously you need talent to win, but sometimes a personality too big can be detrimental to a team.  It's no coincidence that Randy Moss and TO were on multiple teams despite their talent level and never won a Superbowl.  I would trade for OBJ because I don't think he's as big of a distraction as those two, but you have to factor in that risk of poor character when committing that much financially.  

I'd prefer they get Humphries and draft Metcalf or Harry. Embrace the underdog BS, none of these divas want to be here and they don't matter anyway. Build the trenches and don't overpay for this overhyped cake icing position.

32 minutes ago, Nelius said:

I'd prefer they get Humphries and draft Metcalf or Harry. Embrace the underdog BS, none of these divas want to be here and they don't matter anyway. Build the trenches and don't overpay for this overhyped cake icing position.

Word on the street is that Humphries wants 10-12 million a year.

Pure insanity.

Pass.

On 3/8/2019 at 4:54 PM, Virgil said:

If we are willing to pay a guy and put up with the Prima Donna attitude, why not reach out to the Giants too about OBJ?

For the record, I don’t want either douchebags on the team. 

However, if you’re down with the sickness, OBJ is a performer, already has the deal, and the Giants are open for business. 

If this belongs in another threads, please move 

I actually don’t believe the NYG are open for business in this case. They aren’t trading him. Like you said, he already has the deal. They have no incentive to move him. If they were going to trade him it would have been last year when he was ready to get paid and there was a regime change. 

Edited by YoloinOhio

Why would we want someone that acts that big of a fool on the team ? Players like him, AB, Sherman, & a few others i can think of i can't stand to even watch when i see a article on them i cruise right on past it because they are media hogs & alls they want is the camera pointed at them for what ever stupid thing they are doing to grab attention .

Sorry but ill pass & if he were to come to the Bills i would probably look to watch the team less than i do now, guys like these although they are highly talented players will be the down fall of the NFL in part . Not so much for the younger millennial's but for the fans that built & watched the NFL for decades !!