Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

8 minutes ago, NewEra said:

A first?  Lol.  Oh man.  That’s just crazy.

edit: he’s a great player.  If he was on the market, I’d pay him 20 mill a year.  Giving up a 1st AND paying 20 mill a year is just a lot of eggs in one basket.  It would make our d better for sure, but 1st rd picks are just too valuable.  Having a pro bowl talent under control for 5-6 years is too big in today’s league.

What did Dee Ford get traded for? I would say it will be something along those lines 

We can’t trade out #9 pick this year, hopefully we land Ed Oliver or Rashan Gary. I’d prefer us trading for Clowney over Clark if possible. Imagine this DLine, would be unstoppable.

Clowney/Clark - Star - Oliver - Hughes

5 minutes ago, wppete said:

We can’t trade out #9 pick this year, hopefully we land Ed Oliver or Rashan Gary. I’d prefer us trading for Clowney over Clark if possible. Imagine this DLine, would be unstoppable.

Clowney/Clark - Star - Oliver - Hughes

Clark is better than Clowney and more reliable IMO

5 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

2020 2nd 

Seahawks probably want a pick this year since they only have 4.  But I think a 2nd or even a high 3rd could get it done. They don’t have a lot of leverage because they need picks and they don’t want to  pay him

5 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Trade 9 for Clark and 21. That’s the equivalent point value of pick 35. Throw in a 4th or lower if needed. At 21 you can get Fant or Metcalf or Cody Ford. Boom, problem solved

I would do this in a heartbeat!

10 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

Trade 9 for Clark and 21. That’s the equivalent point value of pick 35. Throw in a 4th or lower if needed. At 21 you can get Fant or Metcalf or Cody Ford. Boom, problem solved

I'd have to know that Ed Oliver wasn't sitting there at 9 before making that trade.

Just now, SWATeam said:

I'd have to know that Ed Oliver wasn't sitting there at 9 before making that trade.

Why?  Clark is a premiere young pass rusher, pro bowl level player, at 25 years old.  

Oliver is an under sized rookie.  Rookies in the top 10 still bust just over 50% of the time.  And even if he has a good career, it’s still a low percentage he will be as good as Clark who is already a stud.

Clark plus a first rounder at 21 vs Oliver — Hmmm, pretty obvious lopsided value for us.  You get a pro bowl stud DE and premium rookie at 21 or you get just one rookie at 9 where the odds he will be as good or better player at DT than Clark is at DE are low.

Not even close, you take that deal and get Clark and the 21st pick.

• Like (+1) 3

1 minute ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why?  

Obviously because I see Oliver as a game changer and perfect fit for this D- he's a freak.  3T is the missing piece, IMO.  I love immediate interior pressure, and that will help our ends as well.

9 minutes ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Why?  Clark is a premiere young pass rusher, pro bowl level player, at 25 years old.  

Oliver is an under sized rookie.  Rookies in the top 10 still bust just over 50% of the time.  And even if he has a good career, it’s still a low percentage he will be as good as Clark who is already a stud.

Clark plus a first rounder at 21 vs Oliver — Hmmm, pretty obvious lopsided value for us.  You get a pro bowl stud DE and premium rookie at 21 or you get just one rookie at 9 where the odds he will be as good or better player at DT than Clark is at DE are low.

Not even close, you take that deal and get Clark and the 21st pick.

I would like to know a couple things.

1.  How is Oliver an Undersized Rookie?

2.  No reason to overpay and let Seattle off the hook.  They are in Cap issues and have a deadline from their QB coming up in 4 days.  Stick to a 2020 2nd, make it conditional that can go to the first if he gets 10 sacks and three sacks in the playoffs in 2019.

3. Seattle has 4 picks in this years draft, and not really a good football team.

Edited by MAJBobby
  • Like (+1) 2

6 minutes ago, SWATeam said:

Obviously because I see Oliver as a game changer and perfect fit for this D- he's a freak.  3T is the missing piece, IMO.  I love immediate interior pressure, and that will help our ends as well.

I get that.  But Oliver is no lock to be what you think he will be, just like any rookie.

We could trade and get both Clark and the 21st pick which could be just as important of a player as Oliver.

Clark and Simmons at 21 for instance.  Simmons was a top 5 talent before the recent injury.  We could have both him and Clark.  Or draft someone like Fant or Hockenson, maybe DK or Harry could be there...or a premier OL guy like Ford, Jonah, Dillard.

For me, I take the elite 25 year old stud DE and another premium rookie at 21 all day long over just taking Oliver.  But I get it, Oliver is exciting prospect 

• Like (+1) 4

Frank Clark would be awesome. I agree that I wouldn't be in a rush to overpay to acquire him. Moving down to 21 is probably fair. A 2020 2nd rounder I'd probably prefer to do. 

Imagine a dline of Hughes - Star - Oliver - Clark. Jeez.

Edited by Iamkrgr
Typo
  • Like (+1) 1