Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

30 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

They don't even do that right. Next time I hope they refrain from handpicking the coach.

It's hard to respect a hiring process that starts out with them throwing full support behind their GM that they've known for 3 years and declaring that he will lead the hiring process this time..........and then a few days after interviewing McDermott they basically decide to kick Whaley to the curb.:lol:

The kicker was after The Pegs previously hand picked the hedonistic Rex the first thing out of TPegs mouth at the hiring of McD was about how Sean was a "man of faith".  :lol:

I think the Farrelly and Coen brothers could both do justice to the script.    

The Pegs are well intentioned but totally blowing in the wind with regard to football ops.....they literally have no idea what they are doing and we are probably just going to have to hope they get lucky like when Ralph accidentally lucked into Bill Polian.   

Maybe Sean and Beane actually start living up to the processed hype this year!   We can hope!

2 hours ago, C.Biscuit97 said:

https://www.google.com/amp/s/amp.freep.com/amp/19157491

funny how buzzwords like culture and character go out the window when your job is on the line. 

I get your point, but the issue with it that I see is that building culture does not preclude guys with dark pasts- it mandates having an established culture in place before bringing in the question marks. My understanding is that they're trying to build a nucleus of leadership that buys in and will hold other guys accountable to the culture. 

2 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

Meh, could be, could not be. I don't much care for Vic and the reality is that no reporter should be saying  "they have no interest. Period" that's a dumb take. His sources have been wrong before, and he's seen plenty of times where teams interest levels change quickly. I also question anyone who answers people on twitter like that. :P

Edited by whatdrought
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I get your point, but the issue with it that I see is that building culture does not preclude guys with dark pasts- it mandates having an established culture in place before bringing in the question marks. My understanding is that they're trying to build a nucleus of leadership that buys in and will hold other guys accountable to the culture. 

Stop making logical sense when there's so much emoting left to do

1 minute ago, Joe in Winslow said:

Stop making logical sense when there's so much emoting left to do

Sorry. I will go and get my fire Beane sign ready. I was thinking instead of writing it out I might put "Fire" and then a picture of a real bean... Just to be edgy. Thoughts? 

Edit: but now I just want fire bean chili... 

Edited by whatdrought

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

I get your point, but the issue with it that I see is that building culture does not preclude guys with dark pasts- it mandates having an established culture in place before bringing in the question marks.

I'm sure I'm in the minority, but I believe every team needs a few dirtbags. This is a little different than a guy with a dark past as a football "dirtbag" doesn't necessarily have to have off the field issues. Just so happens that they often do. Look at Cogs; tons of off the field issues but he brought a certain swagger/toughness to the offensive line. I believe we need more of that.

3 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Sorry. I will go and get my fire Beane sign ready. I was thinking instead of writing it out I might put "Fire" and then a picture of a real bean... Just to be edgy. Thoughts? 

Edit: but now I just want fire bean chili... 

Dude. Yes.

• Like (+1) 1

52 minutes ago, BADOLBILZ said:

It's hard to respect a hiring process that starts out with them throwing full support behind their GM that they've known for 3 years and declaring that he will lead the hiring process this time..........and then a few days after interviewing McDermott they basically decide to kick Whaley to the curb.:lol:

The kicker was after The Pegs previously hand picked the hedonistic Rex the first thing out of TPegs mouth at the hiring of McD was about how Sean was a "man of faith".  :lol:

I think the Farrelly and Coen brothers could both do justice to the script.    

The Pegs are well intentioned but totally blowing in the wind with regard to football ops.....they literally have no idea what they are doing and we are probably just going to have to hope they get lucky like when Ralph accidentally lucked into Bill Polian.   

Maybe Sean and Beane actually start living up to the processed hype this year!   We can hope!

If this doesn't work out surely the Pegulas will learn from it, they wouldn't handpick a third coach... 

I have no shortage of hope for either Derm or Beane, they're both smart guys and I was so glad to see them in on Brown! 

And apologies to our friend C.Biscuit but I love me some Brian Daboll. This guy went away from what he ideally wants to do in the passing game, adjusted to what Joshy Boy does well and put up 24 ppg and 360(?) ypg over like 8 weeks with a greenhorn QB and a bunch of ***t players. I'm glad he's a WNY guy and we were able to get him.

Careful with that processed hype though I hear it can give you cancer Bad Guy

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, 2018 Our Year For Sure said:

If this doesn't work out surely the Pegulas will learn from it, they wouldn't handpick a third coach... 

I have no shortage of hope for either Derm or Beane, they're both smart guys and I was so glad to see them in on Brown! 

And apologies to our friend C.Biscuit but I love me some Brian Daboll. This guy went away from what he ideally wants to do in the passing game, adjusted to what Joshy Boy does well and put up 24 ppg and 360(?) ypg over like 8 weeks with a greenhorn QB and a bunch of ***t players. I'm glad he's a WNY guy and we were able to get him.

Careful with that processed hype though I hear it can give you cancer Bad Guy

Trust but verify the process.

• 1 month later...
15 minutes ago, Franchiseneedsme said:

Seen on Facebook something new is happening here. This would be a huge trade and sign for the Bill's. Anyone else see this?

Saw that hes still on block and bills were interested a few weeks ago and still could be interested. Nothing really new. But id be cool with trading a 2nd for him. Prob take more 

Edited by Not at the table Karlos

On 3/8/2019 at 4:30 PM, FluffHead said:

Another less than ideal character drawing interest from McBeane, per Jay Glazer 

@JayGlazer: Well, Dan Morgan worked in Seattle and is close to John Schneider. There’s interest around Frank Clark from them and others RT @swailes_robert: @JayGlazer Now there are three guys I'd be happy for the Bills to go after.

@JayGlazer: Lost in all the talk of Antonio Brown trade talk is the fact that there’s been a lot of chatter among teams looking to trade for premium pass rusher such as Clowney, Frank Clark, Dee Ford.

How old is the second tweet? Because didn’t Dee Ford already change teams weeks ago?

6 minutes ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Could an option possibly be that we trade down from 9 and pick up something in the 20s + a 2nd and 4th, then we trade that 1st round pick in the 20s for Frank Clark straight up

Probably a shot to trade a 2nd for him. The Seahawks are cap strapped right now. It would be similar to McD trading away Dareus