Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

Kansas city is also interested in Clark. Swapping 1st rounders probably not what Seattle wants.  They want to accumulate more picks, in fact the general manager said 4 more picks.  3rd 4th 5th rounders probably enough compensation for a player that needs to be resigned.  

9 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

Kansas city is also interested in Clark. Swapping 1st rounders probably not what Seattle wants.  They want to accumulate more picks, in fact the general manager said 4 more picks.  3rd 4th 5th rounders probably enough compensation for a player that needs to be resigned.  

I think this also directly affects what they do with Shaq Lawson

If we can keep from giving up our 9.......yes please

It would be nice to give up a 2nd and a later pick...then do a trade down (slightly) that gives us an additional 2nd.....then go BPA

• Like (+1) 1

14 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

I think this also directly affects what they do with Shaq Lawson

If we can keep from giving up our 9.......yes please

It would be nice to give up a 2nd and a later pick...then do a trade down (slightly) that gives us an additional 2nd.....then go BPA

IMO:  Swapping firsts and giving extra day 3 picks is way better than giving up our second this year which is way to valuable.  I’d still make the trade if it took our 2nd, but trade down and still having both a first and a 2nd is substantially more valuable than just holding 9 and not having a 2nd round pick.  This is a deep draft at a number of places we could use more talent at.  

Swap with them and send a fourth and 5th round pick for instance.  Then we pick up a DT, WR, TE and RB in first 4 picks in no particular order.  

For example:  Simmons DT, Harry WR, Sanders RB, and Oliver TE for instance to go with Clark DE would be one helluva haul.

6 minutes ago, wppete said:

No way we give up this years #9 pick its way too valuable. Id like to see a 2nd and Shaq Lawson.

The 49ers gave up a 2nd in 2020 for Dee Ford who put up similar numbers to Clark. I say that's the best I give Seattle as not sure we want to pay him $20 million a year he's going to want as a salary. 

Edited by The Jokeman
  • Like (+1) 2

13 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

The 49ers gave up a 2nd in 2020 for Dee Ford who put up similar numbers to Clark. I say that's the best I give Seattle as not sure we want to pay him $20 million a year he's going to want as a salary. 

How about we just sit at #9 and draft either Ed Oliver, Montez Sweat or Rashan Gary for some pass rush. Save our valuable draft picks and the valuable money we will save ($20m) and spend it JUDICIOUSLY as Beane says. 

• Like (+1) 3

Sea has a 1, 3, 4 and a 5 this year...I'd be ok with a swap of 1's and maybe throw in a 5th and a 7th round this year...But I won't give up a 2nd this year with a swap of 1's and have to save your teams poor salary management

37 minutes ago, wppete said:

How about we just sit at #9 and draft either Ed Oliver, Montez Sweat or Rashan Gary for some pass rush. Save our valuable draft picks and the valuable money we will save ($20m) and spend it JUDICIOUSLY as Beane says. 

Because we pretty much have a 4 year window to sign big contract players for a title run before Josh Allen needs to get paid...furthermore, we would be paying Clark because he has proven he can play in the NFL...draft picks are a crap chute.

Edited by JaCrispy

2 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

I sure am.  They are YEARS away from competing for an AFC East title, let alone a Super Bowl title.

Not so sure about that long for division title...title contenders might take them 2-3 years imo.

32 minutes ago, Tsaikotic said:

Sea has a 1, 3, 4 and a 5 this year...I'd be ok with a swap of 1's and maybe throw in a 5th and a 7th round this year...But I won't give up a 2nd this year with a swap of 1's and have to save your teams poor salary management

To me you try to trade back into the teens with someone and pick up an extra 2nd and 3rd or 4th depending on who it is.  If it is the Giants from 17 for instance, you should garner a 2nd and a 3rd.  They'd over pay slightly but to me it's worth it.  To pick at 17 then have all those extra picks and then give the Seahawks what they need to get pick 21.  Then you make the trade for pick 21.  To get the teens pick, the pick at 21 and still have a 2nd and 3rd rounder but also giving up an our original 2nd and 3rd rounders = winning.

Pick 21 = 800 pts

Pick 40 = 500

Pick 74 = 220

Pick 112 = 70

Pick 158 = 27

That should get it done.

• Sad 1