Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

Just now, TOboy said:

Anyone know who Gary Smith is? 

And seems to me, if they've waited this long on Ziggy, it might've been to see how things shake out in the 1st. 

iirc teams were waiting for more medical information on Ansah.

20 minutes ago, TOboy said:

Anyone know who Gary Smith is? 

And seems to me, if they've waited this long on Ziggy, it might've been to see how things shake out in the 1st. 

19 minutes ago, MacGyver said:

iirc teams were waiting for more medical information on Ansah.

Hers is a quote from an NBCS article.

Ansah’s agent told Ian Rapoport of NFL Network that teams have been asking for more information about Ansah’s surgically repaired shoulder, so they plan to wait until after Ansah has a check-up in April before signing.

In April it will be four months since Ansah had his shoulder surgery, and the hope is that a clean bill of health will go a long way toward getting some team to offer Ansah the kind of contract he’s looking for.

• Thank you (+1) 1

59 minutes ago, Binghamton Beast said:

People thought my offer was way too expensive.

LOL

I would say it still is since KC is a step or two ahead of Buffalo in team building at this point. They got a younger Edge player, and don't have as many holes to fill as Buffalo.

Not to mention the Chiefs 1st rounder is much less valuable than Buffalo's.

KC can make moves to fill holes. Buffalo is still team building.

21 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I would say it still is since KC is a step or two ahead of Buffalo in team building at this point. They got a younger Edge player, and don't have as many holes to fill as Buffalo.

Not to mention the Chiefs 1st rounder is much less valuable than Buffalo's.

KC can make moves to fill holes. Buffalo is still team building.

No way.

Swapping firsts and giving up a second would have been a STEAL for a player like Frank Clark.

I think people here have forgot what a true force at DE looks like.

2 hours ago, Binghamton Beast said:

No way.

Swapping firsts and giving up a second would have been a STEAL for a player like Frank Clark.

I think people here have forgot what a true force at DE looks like.

I wanted Frank Clark here. Not at the cost of #9 and next years 2nd. This team is not where KC is. KC can give away draft capital to make a run this year, and they will.

KC had the #29th pick? Big difference from #9. I advocated Bills #40 this year and a pick next year.

Buffalo is a year or two away from that situation. Use #9 and the rest of the draft to find as much talent as you can.

Make this type of move when you are looking to fill specific needs, rather than reach on a draft choice.

Edited by RocCityRoller

4 minutes ago, RocCityRoller said:

I wanted Frank Clark here. Not at the cost of #9 and next years 2nd. This team is not where KC is. KC can give away draft capital to make a run this year, and they will.

KC had the #29th pick? Big difference from #9.

Buffalo is a year or two away from that situation. Use #9 and the rest of the draft to find as much talent as you can.

Make this type of move when you are looking to fill specific needs, rather than reach on a draft choice.

The Bills would be justified in making a win now move, I don't think anyone is knocking the Bears for aggressively going after Mack. However I agree that the price was simply too high. The Bills likely would have had to have given up pick 40, their 4th round pick, and a 2020 2nd, along with a huge contract. It is simply too much to give up for a top but not elite pass rusher. 

I would have given up pick 40 straight up and a 4th in 2020 but that's about it. Even then that might have been a foolish move. 

Overall I think the Bills were correct in backing off given what the demands were.