Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

28 minutes ago, Logic said:

I think he's just saying that the fact they WANT a 1st round pick doesn't mean they'll get one.

I want a toilet made of solid gold, but nobody has that. Err...wait. Individual 1 has that. I can't think of anyone else, though.

I may be able to help you....for a price

Image result for golden toilet

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 hours ago, ShadyBillsFan said:

was this already posted?

Source: Seahawks want 1st-rounder for DE Clark

They better alter their expectations or pay the guy.  Chandler Jones netted the Pats a late 2nd round pick, at the same age Clark is now with roughly the same output.

The Bears killed the market for a trade like this last year.  If Beane can get Clark for a 2nd or 3rd, I'd say go for it.  Leave the 1st out of the discussions.

• Like (+1) 1

18 hours ago, wppete said:

Frank Clark plays like Jerry Hughes just a little bigger and longer. But man would it be scary to have those two guys coming off the edge. And hopefully we draft either Ed Oliver or Christian Wilkins at #9. 

Another takeaway from this video:  Jarran Reed was a steal of second round pick.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Tbh, I wouldn't bother offering anything until after the draft. Seahawks are going to be up against it in the not too distant, cap wise, and they may have to take a low ball offer for Clark, just to get his cap hit off the books.

Staying at #9, the Bills are quite likely going to be able to find some D-Line help, that will also lessen the need for Clark.

The time the Seahawks could maybe have done better in respect of a pick for Clark, was before Wilson got his new deal. Now everyone knows it's going to be tougher for them in the next year or two to retain guys.

54 minutes ago, Buddo said:

Tbh, I wouldn't bother offering anything until after the draft. Seahawks are going to be up against it in the not too distant, cap wise, and they may have to take a low ball offer for Clark, just to get his cap hit off the books.

Staying at #9, the Bills are quite likely going to be able to find some D-Line help, that will also lessen the need for Clark.

The time the Seahawks could maybe have done better in respect of a pick for Clark, was before Wilson got his new deal. Now everyone knows it's going to be tougher for them in the next year or two to retain guys.

Not really.

They have enough cap room to sign their draft picks right now, and can create more by letting go of guys like Mychal Kendricks or Jaron Brown if they wanted to do so.

If they don't get an offer that they like, they'll let Clark walk after the season and get a 3rd round compensatory pick for him in 2021.

• Like (+1) 2

1 minute ago, Aussie Joe said:

Peter King in his mock saying that KC will give up a 1st and 2nd for him... (Picks 29 and 63..)

Yikes!

Too rich for my blood...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/22/nfl-mock-draft-fmia-peter-king/

How can they afford to pay him?  Plus, don’t they need their picks for the holes on defense?

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, Virgil said:

How can they afford to pay him?  Plus, don’t they need their picks for the holes on defense?

Cant say Im an expert on KC salary cap situation but just had a look at spotrac...

Its tight but they could squeeze him in with maybe a $12Mil hit in 2019 and then about a $23 Mil hit in 2020 and another similar in 2021...

They would also be left with another 2nd and 3rd pick so they would still have a pretty normal draft with Clark as their Round 1...

They are in their rookie window with Mahomes so might be time to go all in... 

41 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

If KC wants to cough up their 1st and 2nd rd picks for Clark (AND pay him $20 mill/yr) fine.  There's no way the Bills should do that. Let KC screw themselves over and move on.

Our #9 pick is still worth more I believe...just sayin ?

3 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Cant say Im an expert on KC salary cap situation but just had a look at spotrac...

Its tight but they could squeeze him in with maybe a $12Mil hit in 2019 and then about a $23 Mil hit in 2020 and another similar in 2021...

They would also be left with another 2nd and 3rd pick so they would still have a pretty normal draft with Clark as their Round 1...

They are in their rookie window with Mahomes so might be time to go all in... 

They just cut their woman beating running back a few months ago,  now they’re dealing with their star receiver beating his child...can they bring in another player with spousal abuse in his past into that building without the media crushing them??

• Like (+1) 2

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Peter King in his mock saying that KC will give up a 1st and 2nd for him... (Picks 29 and 63..)

Yikes!

Too rich for my blood...

https://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2019/04/22/nfl-mock-draft-fmia-peter-king/

Sounds like a waste especially when Reid will coach them into another playoff letdown anyway.