Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

People defintely need to get over the off the field stuff. Again, the process is not about getting a bunch of choirboys together. Anyway, Dan Morgan and Heath Farwell have intimate knowledge of the player, more than we will ever know from Google, so if they feel he can help the team and the compensation is fair, they will make the move. I don't know that it's likely, but if it doesn't happen, it won't be because of off the field stuff. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Frank Clark plays like Jerry Hughes just a little bigger and longer. But man would it be scary to have those two guys coming off the edge. And hopefully we draft either Ed Oliver or Christian Wilkins at #9. 

• Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 3

34 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

People defintely need to get over the off the field stuff. Again, the process is not about getting a bunch of choirboys together. Anyway, Dan Morgan and Heath Farwell have intimate knowledge of the player, more than we will ever know from Google, so if they feel he can help the team and the compensation is fair, they will make the move. I don't know that it's likely, but if it doesn't happen, it won't be because of off the field stuff. 

Knowing the worst things about Frank Clark may allow us to get him a little cheaper too.

11 minutes ago, PIZ said:

Knowing the worst things about Frank Clark may allow us to get him a little cheaper too.

Yeah I think so. I think intimate knowledge allows you to know exactly what you are getting, which lessens the risk a lot and gives you what you need to know to make a proper offer. Meaning, I don't think you will overpay because you know exactly what the guy is worth. 

5 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Yeah I think so. I think intimate knowledge allows you to know exactly what you are getting, which lessens the risk a lot and gives you what you need to know to make a proper offer. Meaning, I don't think you will overpay because you know exactly what the guy is worth. 

I’m sure this has been mentioned but don’t we have someone in the FO from their front office prior? That’s gives us so much information. 

If they feel like he would fit a 2nd definitely is worth it. I obviously don’t wanna give up a 2 bit he is a straight up game wrecker. Not gonna get that value in the second that is obviously already proven. Just makes too much sense. We have the cap space to make it happen. The Seahawks do not have any leverage at this point. Number 9 is way too much, 2 works. 

Edited by ChanticleerBillsFan

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't know what more the regime needs to do to prove this to the base. They brought in Jordan Phillips, who was considered a distraction in Miami. They've kept Shady, who's had some issues. And they tried to get AB!!!!!!

To top it off, McDermott has flat out said he's not in the business of fielding a team of choirboys. Straight from the horse's mouth. They'll do their due diligence on off field issues like any sane team. There's a huge difference between football character and "character." There's also the fact that their livelihoods hinge on WINNING FOOTBALL GAMES!

Frank Clark is a tremendous FOOTBALL player. His issues do not represent a non starter. This would be a terrific addition if the price is right.

Edited by LSHMEAB
  • Like (+1) 5

3 hours ago, wppete said:

Frank Clark plays like Jerry Hughes just a little bigger and longer. But man would it be scary to have those two guys coming off the edge. And hopefully we draft either Ed Oliver or Christian Wilkins at #9. 

He is a bad man.  Would love to see the mayhem he and Hughes could cause.

Edited by mannc
  • Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, PIZ said:

I know Seattle wants a 1st, but Buffalo has a high 2nd this year and could package a conditional pick in 2020 to sweeten the pot.

Buffalo has plenty of cap to take on his contract, and he is in his prime.

• Thank you (+1) 1

12 hours ago, RocCityRoller said:

I know Seattle wants a 1st, but Buffalo has a high 2nd this year and could package a conditional pick in 2020 to sweeten the pot.

Buffalo has plenty of cap to take on his contract, and he is in his prime.

I think you could do a two this year and a two next year. Maybe a fourth this year. This gives the Seahawks a reasonable package of picks and more than what the Chiefs got for Ford. 

Just now, ShadyBillsFan said:

its a thread on Clark.   Duh   

I think he's just saying that the fact they WANT a 1st round pick doesn't mean they'll get one.

I want a toilet made of solid gold, but nobody has that. Err...wait. Individual 1 has that. I can't think of anyone else, though.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 4