Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

Just now, DJB said:

He has off field issies and wants 20+ on a new contract. Nobody is giving more than a late first.

Bills give 2nd and Shaq for F Clark. 

Bills give a 5th and 7th for G McCoy. 

Draft Hockenson at 9.  Myles Boykin ND WR and Kaleb Mcgary Wsh OT

1.) Why in God's name would Seattle, or ANY team for that matter, want Shaq Lawson?

2.) Why would Tampa be stupid enough to let McCoy go for such pathetic compensation?

I don't think shaq is going to be traded and they won't pick up the option.  Beano will use that to motivate him. Jerry Hughes is the guy that's gonna be traded not to Seattle though because he doesn't fit the style defense they run either.  Jerry Hughes is a speed rusher for a 34 defense or a wide 9. McDermotts defense is a squeeze the pocket defense with tall ends to make it harder for screens.  Two teams come to mind for Jerry both previously coached him. Philadelphia eagles with jim Schwartz and the green bay packers mike pettine. That clears cap space and recouping picks. Then they still sign ziggy anash when he clears medical.  Here's a crazy thought I think vladdy ducasse hasn't been cut because he has trade value to the right scheme maybe a fifth rounder.  I'm thinking Tampa bay buccaneers bruce Arians runs a scheme he fits. Tampa needs lineman. 

1 hour ago, HappyDays said:

Interesting choice of words, if he were to be traded "before Thursday's draft." Perhaps meaning that if there's no takers by then, they'll accept a 2nd. I still think the most sensible trade would be switching 1sts with them.

Id rather keep 9 and give up the 2nd..

Still have the option of an elite prospect falling to 9, or trading down and getting the 2nd back..

32 minutes ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

2.) Why would Tampa be stupid enough to let McCoy go for such pathetic compensation?

He is not an easy trade as he is due to be paid $13 Mil in 2019 which a lot of teams can’t afford at this stage of the season or don’t think he is worth that..

Supposedly Arians has told him not too show up to OTA’s so it looks like they are moving on..

I wouldn’t be surprised at all if a 5th gets it done if Beane doesn’t mind ponying  up the cash..

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Adam Schaefer wouldn't be advertising if the Seahawks weren't desperate.  Kansas city and Indianapolis are involved they are offering picks in the 60's ish range. The jets want him but would need to trade back now. That weekends the jets strength in return. If the bills are involved they will get him for 40. I'm surprised gruden not all over this must be drafting a rusher at 4 

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Rufridr101 said:

Adam Schaefer wouldn't be advertising if the Seahawks weren't desperate.  Kansas city and Indianapolis are involved they are offering picks in the 60's ish range. The jets want him but would need to trade back now. That weekends the jets strength in return. If the bills are involved they will get him for 40. I'm surprised gruden not all over this must be drafting a rusher at 4 

Josh Allen

3 minutes ago, Rufridr101 said:

Gruden did not want to give a crapload of money to Khalil Mack. He isn't going to turn around and give draft picks and a crapload of money to Clark. Gruden is crazy, but not that crazy. 

25 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Gruden did not want to give a crapload of money to Khalil Mack. He isn't going to turn around and give draft picks and a crapload of money to Clark. Gruden is crazy, but not that crazy. 

But look who he works for.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

1.) Why in God's name would Seattle, or ANY team for that matter, want Shaq Lawson?

Shaq gives them a cheap albeit a worse DE to replace Clark. They have cap issues.

Not sure if you've been paying attention but many insiders are suggesting a late pick is going to be the cost to acquire McCoy.  

8 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Pretty sure Steelers put out this same message right before trading AB for a case of Schlitz

I'd swap picks with Seattle for Clark, but I'm not sure that'll get it done. As others have mentioned, Shaq is not desirable trade bait considering his impending salary and very limited production.

It'd be a big time score to land either Clark for a swap(or 2nd) or McCoy for a 4th, etc.

The draft capital would be worth it in both cases. We're not gonna find a better pass rusher than Clark at 9, let alone 40. But you never capitulate in this type of deal. Swap or 2nd!

Edited by LSHMEAB

1 minute ago, Buffalo Timmy said:

Has anyone seen this being mentioned? everything I see says first only. If we can get him for 40 definitely do it.

Seattle want a first but of course they would..

As others have said, he seems to have been on the trading block a while yet there he still is waiting in the wings..

Maybe 40 gets it done ..

Maybe offer Hughes and a 2020 third..

They won’t be paying both Clark and Hughes in 2020..

3 hours ago, BuffAlone said:

He hasn't stayed out of trouble since. And his price is too high. I'm not projecting any process because, well...I'm not exactly sure what it is yet, but I'll trust it. That said, regardless of MY opinion of him, which I'm not trying to convey at all, I strongly believe that our team pres, owner, coach, GM would not pay for his services at such a high price, and baggage included. A 1st rd pick, and 17 mil a year is a high price for anything other than a squeaky clean, highly productive( not that he's not), face of the franchise type player. That's just my opinion as to how I think this F.O. operates

Could you cite any other trouble he’s gotten in since his dismissal from school? I can’t find any. 

So far you’ve said he threatened a reporter, which he didn’t, and have said he hadn’t stayed out of trouble since his college issues. And again, I’m not 100%, but after some mild digging I think that’s fairly false as well. 

Again, if the price is right, this dude has done nothing in the last 4 years for us to think he couldn’t work in buffalo 

2 hours ago, DJB said:

Shaq gives them a cheap albeit a worse DE to replace Clark. They have cap issues.

Not sure if you've been paying attention but many insiders are suggesting a late pick is going to be the cost to acquire McCoy.  

Disagree with you on Seattle. They want draft picks not players. The Bills can afford to give up 2 picks for Clark.

Agree with you on Tampa Bay. If they aren't going to pay him and get any decent draft picks for him, they might do it.

4 hours ago, Stank_Nasty said:

Could you cite any other trouble he’s gotten in since his dismissal from school? I can’t find any. 

So far you’ve said he threatened a reporter, which he didn’t, and have said he hadn’t stayed out of trouble since his college issues. And again, I’m not 100%, but after some mild digging I think that’s fairly false as well. 

Again, if the price is right, this dude has done nothing in the last 4 years for us to think he couldn’t work in buffalo 

He didn't threaten her, he insulted her for doing her job.And yes he has been clean since his 2014 conviction ( I had read an erroneous 2016 article, my bad) but nonetheless his record is a bad look for someone due to make 17 mil. Not so sure the Pegulas would even try to explain that move to the fan base. Again, great player but at a 1st rd pick plus his contract, I don't see how Buffalo sees that as a worthy contract. But what do I know

5 hours ago, Aussie Joe said:

Seattle want a first but of course they would..

As others have said, he seems to have been on the trading block a while yet there he still is waiting in the wings..

Maybe 40 gets it done ..

Maybe offer Hughes and a 2020 third..

They won’t be paying both Clark and Hughes in 2020..

If we're not willing to pay Hughes and Clark don't do the trade.  Doesn't make sense.  Unless we can trade Hughes for a late 2.