Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

5 hours ago, Logic said:

Considering Dee Ford just got traded for a 2nd round pick, I think that an offer of our 2nd round pick and Shaq Lawson is pretty reasonable. 

I wonder if the Bills brain trust would be willing to make that deal, and I wonder if the Seahawks would be willing to accept.

While reasonable, I don’t think it gets it done. They want picks THIS year. And Lawson just gives them a lesser player and another guy they would need to pay or let walk. 

2 hours ago, Chandler#81 said:

They also ONLY have 4 Draft picks. They might take a couple 5’s & 7ths.. Yeah, I’m dreaming..

I started thinking that our 3rd and one of our 4ths may do it. That’s probably wishful thinking as well but they want picks. I’d also offer a swap in round 1 and a 4th. I’d try to do it while still having 2 picks in the top 40.

• Like (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Ansah’s shoulder checks out, he’s probably way lower risk than Clark or Clowney.  Not as much upside, but no draft compensation and nothing contract wise that will approach clowney or Clark.  

He’s lower risk but he’s not as good. Give me the better player. This team can afford the contract, just get better.

• Like (+1) 4

I like the Ansah path of thinking as well. If healthy he's a very good DE. We'd be keeping the pick compensation as well. 

I see the positive to both but we really need to do something about our pass rush. 

Ansah + Oliver @ 9

Or

Clark/Clowney + Wilkins? @ 20ish

17 hours ago, Cornette's Commentary said:

Beane: Hi, John.  This is Brandon Beane.  I wanted to talk to you about a potential trade for Frank Clark.  I'm willing to offer you the 9th pick and our second 4th round pick for him and your first pick.

John Schneider: Wow.  That's very generous, Brandon.  Hold on one second.  <dials Frank Clark>  Frank, Brandon Beane from the Buffalo Bills has called me to ask about your services.

Frank:  I don't want to go to Buffalo.

John: Brandon, I'm sorry.  But, Frank won't agree to a trade to Buffalo.  What's that?  <to Frank> Frank, Brandon says he's willing to BEAT Demarcus Lawrence's deal by offering you 5 years, $120 million with $70 million guaranteed.

Frank: Man, I told you, I DON'T want to go to Buffalo.  I want to WIN!  I don't want to sit at home in January for the next 5 years!

Geezus man...your posts keep getting worse.  Maybe take a break a few days, go outside, feel the sun and just relax a little before posting again.  

• Haha (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 5

Beane: Hi, John.  This is Brandon Beane.  I wanted to talk to you about a potential trade for Frank Clark.  I'm willing to offer you the 9th pick and our second 4th round pick for him and your first pick.

John Schneider: Wow.  That's very generous, Brandon.  Hold on one second.  <dials Frank Clark>  Frank, Brandon Beane from the Buffalo Bills has called me to ask about your services.

John: Brandon, I'm sorry.  But, Frank won't agree to a trade to Buffalo.  What's that?  <to Frank> Frank, Brandon says he's willing to BEAT Demarcus Lawrence's deal by offering you 5 years, $120 million with $70 million guaranteed.

Frank: Man, I told you, I DON'T want to go to Buffalo.  I want to WIN!  I don't want to sit at home in January for the next 5 years!

I get it. Sitting in the waiting room, waiting to see your therapist, can really cause impatience and aggravation . Be patient. I bet he has a lollipop with your name on it in his desk drawer.

Edited by MOVALLEYRANDY
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 2

source.gif

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 5
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

8 hours ago, BuffaloRebound said:

If Ansah’s shoulder checks out, he’s probably way lower risk than Clark or Clowney.  Not as much upside, but no draft compensation and nothing contract wise that will approach clowney or Clark.  

i would want Clark. because of his exp and youth and he is elite or very nearly

7 hours ago, YoloinOhio said:

He’s lower risk but he’s not as good. Give me the better player. This team can afford the contract, just get better.

might be catching him in his prime.
There is a reason Ansah has been shopping and yet to be picked up, and it is not just injury i might guess. Perhaps his game is falling off and GMs know it

Clark only downside i have read here is price. as far as i can tell.
Gotta trust Beane on that subject

7 hours ago, Iamkrgr said:

I like the Ansah path of thinking as well. If healthy he's a very good DE. We'd be keeping the pick compensation as well. 

I see the positive to both but we really need to do something about our pass rush. 

Ansah + Oliver @ 9

Or

Clark/Clowney + Wilkins? @ 20ish

I have no issue with picking up Ansah if Bills staff feel good.

thing is

Bills staff has totally sucked for decades in regard to evaluating players coming off injuries

like epic sucked.

Maybe he and Murphy can split the season. 9 games each, and hobbled the rest of them

jk

Frank Clark...convicted felon for home invasion. 

Frank Clark...convicted on DV and related charges.

Frank Clark....tweeted threats to a female reporter covering his DV.

Frank Clark...allegedly told hotel staff "I'll hit you like I hit her."

Frank Clark...does not meet process. Frank Clark will not be welcomed into the process, or building for that matter, by Terry OR Kim. This thread is for naught

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Geezus man...your posts keep getting worse.  Maybe take a break a few days, go outside, feel the sun and just relax a little before posting again.  

Not recommended for people who sleep while hanging upside down in a closet during daylight hours.

• Haha (+1) 3

Saw this on Rotoworld this morning:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports unsigned franchise player DE Frank Clark could be traded ahead of the draft.

Clark has interest from "several teams," with Buffalo and the Jets among his known suitors. The Seahawks just gave Russell Wilson a new deal and need money for Bobby Wagner and Jarran Reed extensions. Trading Clark would free up the $17 million he's owed under the franchise tender. Clark would likely net Seattle a first-round pick.

• Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/17/2019 at 10:30 AM, YoloinOhio said:

I don't think people realize how good Clark is. They see Ansah was drafted high and think he's close to as good. It isn't even close. Clark is really good, not Khalil Mack good, but probably a top ten DE and Ansah is basically Trent Murphy. 

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

On 4/17/2019 at 7:24 PM, BuffAlone said:

Frank Clark...convicted felon for home invasion. 

Frank Clark...convicted on DV and related charges.

Frank Clark....tweeted threats to a female reporter covering his DV.

Frank Clark...allegedly told hotel staff "I'll hit you like I hit her."

Frank Clark...does not meet process. Frank Clark will not be welcomed into the process, or building for that matter, by Terry OR Kim. This thread is for naught

They don't understand the process

On 4/17/2019 at 1:35 AM, Logic said:

Considering Dee Ford just got traded for a 2nd round pick, I think that an offer of our 2nd round pick and Shaq Lawson is pretty reasonable. 

I wonder if the Bills brain trust would be willing to make that deal, and I wonder if the Seahawks would be willing to accept.

Ford got traded for a 2nd in 2020 aka not this draft. I'd make a deal like that any day of the week. The bigger issue is signing Clark to a long term contact.

2 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Ford got traded for a 2nd in 2020 aka not this draft. I'd make a deal like that any day of the week. The bigger issue is signing Clark to a long term contact.

The Bills would make that deal but i don’t think the Hawks would. Clark is younger and better than Ford and they need picks this year (only have 4) not next year. They also have no one on the other side so losing him is huge, despite the fact they are cap strapped I don’t see them parting ways unless they get a great deal that suits their needs. If it comes down to it they could take the comp pick next year, but I think they will get a 2nd this year. 

1 minute ago, YoloinOhio said:

The Bills would make that deal but i don’t think the Hawks would. Clark is younger and better than Ford and they need picks this year (only have 4) not next year. They also have no one on the other side so losing him is huge, despite the fact they are cap strapped I don’t see them parting ways unless they get a great deal that suits their needs. If it comes down to it they could take the comp pick next year, but I think they will get a 2nd this year. 

I agree, I think the Seahawks are a better run team than the Chiefs.