Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

1 hour ago, MrEpsYtown said:

Clark is so much better than Ansah. It isn't even close. He's also much younger. You can still get a 3 Tech in other parts of the draft. I love Oliver, but I'd rather have Clark. 

Well they could trade for Clark AND draft Oliver.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Is Clark really worth much more than Dee Ford (2nd in 2020)?

send them next years second and one of the 4s from this year. Draft:

Oliver 

Harmon

and Sternberger. 

Im not sure how much more he is worth, but to me he is the much better player. I don't know how to really quantify it in terms of draft compensation. I'd do a swap of firsts and a third and fourth, something like that. He's much more well rounded when it comes to rushing the passer and stopping the run. Ford is more of a pass rusher, but ironically Clark actually has more career sacks and 1 less year in the league. Clark is only 25 years old and has had three straight years of high level production, while Ford has had a very inconsistent career, while lining up opposite Tampa Hali and Justin Houston a on the same line with Chris Jones. 

Clark has been really good, and to me, he is just scratching the surface of what he is capable of. 

1 hour ago, mannc said:

Do you dream of rooting for an NFL team that scores 5 points per game?

I’m not sure what this has to do with anything.

I assume you feel that drafting some offensive player instead of Oliver will jump the 5 points per game to 25?

Edited by Jay_Fixit
  • Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

5 minutes ago, mannc said:

Well, it’s not going to happen by magic.

No, it’s not. It will happen with improved OL play, improved QB play, improved WR play and another year in the same offensive system. A truly elite defense can only help the offense, not hinder it. 

• Like (+1) 2

43 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

How do we fulfill @MJS dream of Oliver and Clark?     Trade the 2nd for Clark? 

I think in a perfect world trade a 2 for Clark. Maybe next years two also. If you do a swap of first round picks, you would have to find a way to trade back up to try and grab Oliver. 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, Superhero said:

Ansah would be a lot less expensive than Clark & the Bills would not have to give up anything to get Ansah

True, but he's also older and injured. Clark is the better player and younger. For me, it all depends on the cost. 

1 minute ago, Superhero said:

Ansah would be a lot less expensive than Clark & the Bills would not have to give up anything to get Ansah

True, yet Ansah remains unsigned. Likely the injury concern isn’t worth his asking price. 

After coming out for Clark months ago ) I still have hope  that we acquire him, a benchmark trade cost was set by Cheifs  and 49ers with dee Ford  trade, a second and maybe a sweetener of a four is all it should cost ,I don’t want to give up a one next year unless it part of a trade that brings us  josh Allen .now that would be a heck of a set of bookends !)

13 minutes ago, Jay_Fixit said:

I’m not sure what this has to do with anything.

I assume you feel that drafting some offensive player instead of Oliver will jump the 5 points per game to 25?

Are the Seahawks just going to give us Frank Clark for free?  You’re talking about a historically bad offensive football team using all of its premium picks on defense.  Yes, it’s great that Beane shored up the o-line, but as of right now, we have zero offensive playmakers—not a single guy that opposing defenses fear.

• Sad 1
  • Haha (+1) 1