Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

5 hours ago, Alphadawg7 said:

Clark will make our D elite on its own...we should get him and swapping firsts is the least expensive way to do it.  Swap firsts and send one of our 5th round picks.  

We now have #21, #40, #74, and both 4th rounders still.

• Trade up from our 2nd to get back into the first...say Raiders at 27 giving them #40 and a 2020 3rd (or use our 2020 2nd instead if we want to trade a bit higher to get someone they covet)
  • Then trade up again from our 3rd and get back into the 2nd.  Trade 70, 112, and our other 5th to get back to mid 2nd round pick range
  • We now have picks at 21, 27, and a mid 2nd rounder
    • #21 - Draft Hockenson/Fant
    • #27 - Draft DT Simmons/Tillery
    • Mid 2nd - Draft WR Butler/Harry/Brown (or could go OL or RB)

Bills emerge with an Elite NFL DE in Clark, add elite TE prospect, one of the top DT prospects, and a high potential WR (or RB/OL).

Thats a home run IMO.  And better than staying put and taking Oliver at 9.  

And a lot easier said than done.  Credit to the thought process.  Making it happen is another story

• Like (+1) 2

10 minutes ago, ColoradoBills said:

Seahawks doesn't have a 2nd this year.  The only got a 1,3.4.5.

...help me out CB.......so you trade a 2nd for him...what is his salary/contract length in Bflo if he doesn't sign the tender pre-trade?....or...does he sign the tender pre-trade and we're on the hook for a one year rental at $17+ mil?.....what is our financial obligation post trade?...thanks bud....:thumbsup:

Edited by OldTimeAFLGuy

1 hour ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

...help me out CB.......so you trade a 2nd for him...what is his salary/contract length in Bflo if he doesn't sign the tender pre-trade?....or...does he sign the tender pre-trade and we're on the hook for a one year rental at $17+ mil?.....what is our financial obligation post trade?...thanks bud....:thumbsup:

Well technically as I see it there are 3 ways it could go being he is on a Non-exclusive Tag.

1.  Bills "steal" him away with a new worked out contract and give Seattle 2 1st round picks.         Not Going To Happen.

2.  Seattle trades his current Tag to us.  So Bills have a 1 year rental for 17 million and have to work out a deal or he is a FA next year.

I doubt extremely that Beane would do this.

3.  The Bills do the trade with Seattle for "whatever" with Clark signing a new contract with the Bills.  What would likely happen.

Lots of people saying 20 million per.  That would remain to be seen.  Once again the guaranteed money is always the big thing.

FWIW, Spotrac has his Market Worth at 16 million per year on a 4 year contract, I would think probably too low.

Clark is free to talk to the Bills about a contract under the non-exclusive tag at any time.

12 minutes ago, thebandit27 said:

Be great if it was the Raiders.

Trade Cooper for a 1st

Trade Mack for 2 1sts

Trade a 3+5 for a head case like AB and give him $20M/year

Trade a 1st for a

domestic abuser like Clark and give him $20M/year

Whaaaa?!?! He’s a wife beater?

13 minutes ago, JaCrispy said:

Whaaaa?!?! He’s a wife beater?

He got a DV charge in college due to a situation with his girlfriend and was kicked off the team.  No trouble since then that's known of.  But I can understand if people have questions about him bc of it.  I would imagine Beane and McD would have vetted him if they traded for him.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Superhero said:

I’d prefer that the Bills sign Ezekiel Ansah then draft Ed Oliver at 9

Clark is so much better than Ansah. It isn't even close. He's also much younger. You can still get a 3 Tech in other parts of the draft. I love Oliver, but I'd rather have Clark. 

Edited by MrEpsYtown
  • Like (+1) 1