Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

3 minutes ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

The 5-year, more than $100M deal for #Cowboys pass-rusher DeMarcus Lawrence is good news for #Seahawks DE Frank Clark and #Texans edge Jadeveon Clowney. It almost certainly sets their market above $20M per year.

Gotta take advantage of that rookie QB contract.

6 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Is he that good? I am asking because I don't follow Seattle that closely. 

20 mill a year good?  I don’t think so, especially considering we’d have to give up picks as well.  Maybe as a free agent.  Very good pass rusher......just a bit too rich for my tastes

4 minutes ago, billsherd said:

Is he that good? I am asking because I don't follow Seattle that closely. 

27 minutes ago, NewEra said:

20 mill a year good?  I don’t think so, especially considering we’d have to give up picks as well.  Maybe as a free agent.  Very good pass rusher......just a bit too rich for my tastes

32 sacks the past three seasons. He is also a former second-round pick in 2015. He is also turning 26 in June. I am normally opposed to trading a premium pick/s for a player who you have to then hand out a big contract extension for but I think that the Bills need to strike while the iron is hot and make their version of a Mack trade. 

I would definitely trade a 4th in 2019 and a 1st in 2020 for Clark and a 4th in 2020. The Bills can afford it cap wise and Clark would instantly anchor the pass rush for the next 4-6 years. Now I also wouldn't give him a 20 million dollar a year deal. If he can be had for around 18 million aav that would make sense. 

Clark and Ed Oliver or another pass rusher at pick 9 would make this D-line super dynamic and deep. The Bills could then still add a pass catcher and other offensive needs in round 2 and 3 which should help Josh Allen some more. 

He isn't worth 20 million a year, not among the top 5 pass rushers in the league but not that far off either. 
  • Like (+1) 3

If this happens, Murphy and Shaq are gone. At least Shaq will be . We just added another pass rusher and resigned Yarborough. Clark's price may be too high, but if we throw in Murphy or Shaq to the deal, he might not be too expensive. I also think a post draft signing of Suh is unlikely, but not impossible if we don't go DT in round 1 or 2.

3 hours ago, Laughing Coffin said:

Could an option possibly be that we trade down from 9 and pick up something in the 20s + a 2nd and 4th, then we trade that 1st round pick in the 20s for Frank Clark straight up

Also very possible it's the Cordy type deal where we just swap firsts.  We get #21 they get #9. 

If I was Beane I would just wait till after the draft. If we get Oliver @ #9 then offer the Seahawks a 2nd in 2020. 

Edited by BillsFan1988
  • Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, NewEra said:

....yup...trading for him would be a one year rental at $17+ mil, unless you worked out a deal which would still be close to $20 mil/yr......a bit too rich for McBeane IMO.........

Frank Clark signed a 1 year, $17,128,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including an average annual salary of $17,128,000. In 2019, Clark will earn a base salary of $17,128,000, while carrying a cap hit of $17,128,000.

at some point we are going to have to pony up if we want pro bowlers and difference makers on this team. i would hope....trade them shaq / a 4th and a 2020 2nd.

maybe they can sign him to a 4, most likely have to be 5 yr. deal at 18-20mil per and pay big bonus upfront to lessen the blow over the contract.

clark and oliver?   that would automatically allow hughes to get back to double digits also. sounds good to me

2 hours ago, OldTimeAFLGuy said:

....yup...trading for him would be a one year rental at $17+ mil, unless you worked out a deal which would still be close to $20 mil/yr......a bit too rich for McBeane IMO.........

Frank Clark signed a 1 year, $17,128,000 contract with the Seattle Seahawks, including an average annual salary of $17,128,000. In 2019, Clark will earn a base salary of $17,128,000, while carrying a cap hit of $17,128,000.

I don't think he signed the franchise tender, and it is the non exclusive tag, so he is technically still a free agent. So he can still negotiate a new contract with any team while that team and the Seakhawks negotiate compensation. 

• Thank you (+1) 1

44 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I don't think he signed the franchise tender, and it is the non exclusive tag, so he is technically still a free agent. So he can still negotiate a new contract with any team while that team and the Seakhawks negotiate compensation. 

...thanks for clarification........:thumbsup:

• Like (+1) 1

Could the Bills just keep the #9.  Maybe they could trade down with someone else to pick up another Round 2 or Round 3 pick.

To get Clark from the Seahawks could they swap their 2nd, 3rd, and their first 4th?  I can't see a 1st round pick being involved in the trade, considering what these other trades in the offseason netted.

• Round 1, No. 9.
  • Round 2, No. 40.
  • Round 3, No. 74.
  • Round 4, No. 112.
  • Round 4, No. 131 (via Kansas City Chiefs).
  • Round 5, No. 147.
  • Round 5, No. 158 (via Oakland Raiders).
  • Round 6, No. 181.
  • Round 7, No. 225.
  • Round 7, No. 228 (via Carolina Panthers).

This was back before the start of FA.  Glazer isnt looking for clicks or likes.  He was months ahead on Beckham being traded as well.  Imo, Buffalo has 1 or 2 guys they want. If they are gone I think they trade down for a vetran.

12 minutes ago, Mat68 said:

This was back before the start of FA.  Glazer isnt looking for clicks or likes.  He was months ahead on Beckham being traded as well.  Imo, Buffalo has 1 or 2 guys they want. If they are gone I think they trade down for a vetran.

“Reading the tea leaves” I think you are right. It’s no secret that they are in the market for a high end pass rusher and a high end 3 tech. Imo they may have only two pass rushers in the draft with a top 10 grade (Bosa/Allen) and assuming they are both gone at 9 they will make some kind of move. I do think a 3 tech will be drafted - if not Oliver, Jerry Tillery if a trade down or at 40

Edited by YoloinOhio
  • Like (+1) 3
  • Thank you (+1) 1

8 hours ago, billsfan89 said:

32 sacks the past three seasons. He is also a former second-round pick in 2015. He is also turning 26 in June. I am normally opposed to trading a premium pick/s for a player who you have to then hand out a big contract extension for but I think that the Bills need to strike while the iron is hot and make their version of a Mack trade. 

I would definitely trade a 4th in 2019 and a 1st in 2020 for Clark and a 4th in 2020. The Bills can afford it cap wise and Clark would instantly anchor the pass rush for the next 4-6 years. Now I also wouldn't give him a 20 million dollar a year deal. If he can be had for around 18 million aav that would make sense. 

Clark and Ed Oliver or another pass rusher at pick 9 would make this D-line super dynamic and deep. The Bills could then still add a pass catcher and other offensive needs in round 2 and 3 which should help Josh Allen some more. 

He isn't worth 20 million a year, not among the top 5 pass rushers in the league but not that far off either. 

A first?  Lol.  Oh man.  That’s just crazy.

edit: he’s a great player.  If he was on the market, I’d pay him 20 mill a year.  Giving up a 1st AND paying 20 mill a year is just a lot of eggs in one basket.  It would make our d better for sure, but 1st rd picks are just too valuable.  Having a pro bowl talent under control for 5-6 years is too big in today’s league.

Edited by NewEra