Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

I’m starting to wonder how much “win now” pressure is on at OBD. I think the draft and develop approach is best but with the rumors flying around it seems the timeline is more now than later.

I don’t care if Beane and McD win 3 games this season. Let them have 2020 at a minimum. 

Edited by CommonCents

4 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

But if we were to acquire Clark, DL isn't a priority anymore. We'd still have a great shot at landing Hock or one of the many receivers behind Metcalf.

For sure - I'm not saying I would spend the 21st on a DL pick - that was more in response to the hypothetical situation being discussed. But I would very much consider our BPA of what OL/WR are on the board at 21.

Still not as up on TE in the 1st as many others here, but I would rather be sitting at 21 w/ Clark if we can.

• Like (+1) 3
  • Awesome! (+1) 1

1 minute ago, ctk232 said:

For sure - I'm not saying I would spend the 21st on a DL pick - that was more in response to the hypothetical situation being discussed. But I would very much consider our BPA of what OL/WR are on the board at 21.

Still not as up on TE in the 1st as many others here, but I would rather be sitting at 21 w/ Clark if we can.

For sure. Perhaps I misunderstood your initial point. Clark is a proven commodity and is just 25 years old. Fills a major need so we can really focus on offense. There would be a ton of guys that fit our needs and would be very close to BPA at 21 that are not worthy of the 9th pick.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, DCbillsfan said:

Yes, he was tagged.  I wonder if Seattle tagged him in order to "buy" some time to trade him.

They want to work out a LTD with him.  He’s open to playing under the tag as well.  Sadly, he’s going nowhere.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, CommonCents said:

I’m starting to wonder how much “win now” pressure is on at OBD. I think the draft and develop approach is best but with the rumors flying around it seems the timeline is more now than later.

I don’t care if Beane and McD win 3 games this season. Let them have 2020 at a minimum. 

Not only that, but they seem to have put character concerns in the rear view 

1 hour ago, End The Drought said:

Absolutely not on trading Hughes. That would completely defeat the purpose. Pairing both of them together would be a lethal pass rush combo 

a yep surely would.  

7 minutes ago, CaptnCoke11 said:

Is there even anything out there saying the Seahawks even are interested in trading him?

This would be a good starting point! My first thought was: WHY would they? Especially at a “fair” price? Maybe I’m missing something....

50 minutes ago, Logic said:

I have "interest" in Rachel Bush. Not gonna do me any more good than the Bills having "interest" in Frank Clark, I'm afraid.

Don’t get down on yourself! I heard in the break room today she kind of has a thing for you too. You never know....

• Haha (+1) 1

41 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

For sure. Perhaps I misunderstood your initial point. Clark is a proven commodity and is just 25 years old. Fills a major need so we can really focus on offense. There would be a ton of guys that fit our needs and would be very close to BPA at 21 that are not worthy of the 9th pick.

What would get me rull excited is if this goes down, we keep our second round, we're sitting at 21 w/ Clark and our second - I wouldn't put it past Beane to package our late round picks to move up again into the 2nd or 3rd with an added pick, and all the options that would provide us...things my brain does before 3/13 and while reading this board 

• Like (+1) 1

Just now, ctk232 said:

What would get me rull excited is if this goes down, we keep our second round, we're sitting at 21 w/ Clark and our second - I wouldn't put it past Beane to package our late round picks to move up again into the 2nd or 3rd with an added pick, and all the options that would provide us...things my brain does before 3/13 and while reading this board 

I feel like based on what I'm reading, this is a pipedream. It's the offseason though, so all we can do is speculate!

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, Chicken Boo said:

Mack wreaked havoc this year, for sure, but Clarke logged 1 more sack than him (13.5).  25 years old.

The value of a sack and those who produce them can't be overstated in today's NFL. 

The following is from settingedge.com on June 14, 2017;

"939 out of 1,118 sacks (83.99%) last year resulted in a drive being killed. Conversely, just 179 out of 1,118 sacks (16.01%) resulted in the offense being able to bounce back and sustain their drive, even if just for one more set of downs. The difference is staggering. Defenses are almost 70% more likely to kill a drive after getting a sack than they are to surrender another set of downs. At first glance, the old adage that sacks kill drives holds true."

http://settingedge.com/sackskilldrives

If we can get Clark who has had 32 sacks in his last three seasons including 13 last year, we need to grab him.  He's only 25 years old.  We have a lot of cap space.  It would be a coup to grab him from Seattle who it looks like simply can't afford to keep him.

Edited by Inigo Montoya
  • Like (+1) 2