Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

36 minutes ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you really give up high picks for defensive players?

How often does that happen.

Maybe you've heard of a guy by the name of Kalil Mack.

Eh, never mind . Someone beat me to it.

Edited by billsbackto81

Just now, BuffaloBillsGospel said:

Not a chance it would cost 9th overall, a swap of 1sts yes but not the 9th overall imo.

Well a swap is what I would imagine - but that would put us at 21 if it's a true 2019 swap. Not a bad place to be all said and done considering I'm more inclined to favor a trade down scenario from 9, but if you're looking for DL at 21 not sure Ferrell or Sweat are there, more likely Sweat if at all.

Only for the right price, but he'd be a definite upgrade over Murphy and Shaq. I was hoping he'd shake loose last year. Why not offer them Trent Murphy and a 3rd? That probably wouldn't do it, but that's as far as I'd go.

Edited by GreggTX

1 hour ago, BuffaloRebound said:

Well, Beane showed he’s willing to trade down from 9.  So maybe swap 1sts and Hughes or Lawson?  

Absolutely not on trading Hughes. That would completely defeat the purpose. Pairing both of them together would be a lethal pass rush combo 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

20 minutes ago, End The Drought said:

Absolutely not on trading Hughes. That would completely defeat the purpose. Pairing both of them together would be a lethal pass rush combo 

Clark is a top pass rusher in the league and young. Hughes is getting old.

1 minute ago, cle23 said:

Clark is a top pass rusher in the league and young. Hughes is getting old.

Clark is more productive, but the argument could be made that a 1 for 1 trade is stagnant, not forward progress. I would prefer to have Hughes and Clark together!

• Like (+1) 3

4 minutes ago, whatdrought said:

Clark is more productive, but the argument could be made that a 1 for 1 trade is stagnant, not forward progress. I would prefer to have Hughes and Clark together!

Agreed. Just saying if it was an trade of players +pick, it still might be worth it. Clark is very good and ascending.

Considering the Seahawks hold the 21'st pick and Clark is a BEAST at the most important defensive position, I'm in for a 1st round swap.

Pass rushers are premium and we've got to add one. Allocate all other resources to offense, but we gotta solidify the D with a top flight young pass rusher.

48 minutes ago, ctk232 said:

Well a swap is what I would imagine - but that would put us at 21 if it's a true 2019 swap. Not a bad place to be all said and done considering I'm more inclined to favor a trade down scenario from 9, but if you're looking for DL at 21 not sure Ferrell or Sweat are there, more likely Sweat if at all.

But if we were to acquire Clark, DL isn't a priority anymore. We'd still have a great shot at landing Hock or one of the many receivers behind Metcalf.

1 hour ago, John from Riverside said:

Do you really give up high picks for defensive players?

How often does that happen.

It's not as common, but pass rushers typically garner first rounders. 

Kevin Carter

Jared Allen

John Abraham

Richard Seymour

Mack (two firsts)

Revis was traded for a first, I know hes not a pass rusher.