Bills have interest in Seattle DE Frank Clark

Another less than ideal character drawing interest from McBeane, per Jay Glazer 

@JayGlazer: Well, Dan Morgan worked in Seattle and is close to John Schneider. There’s interest around Frank Clark from them and others RT @swailes_robert: @JayGlazer Now there are three guys I'd be happy for the Bills to go after.

@JayGlazer: Lost in all the talk of Antonio Brown trade talk is the fact that there’s been a lot of chatter among teams looking to trade for premium pass rusher such as Clowney, Frank Clark, Dee Ford.

Edited by FluffHead

1 minute ago, Speedy Beebe said:

Didn’t he get franchise tagged? If so I wonder what the compensation would be...

He is a helluva player. 

In other news, NE just traded for Michael Bennett, who had a very good season for Philly last year ...

• Like (+1) 1
  • Sad 1

2 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

He is a helluva player. 

In other news, NE just traded for Michael Bennett, who had a very good season for Philly last year ...

For sure he is.

What I find interesting is, with his less than ideal past and after the failed attempt on AB, maybe they feel that that they have a locker room strong enough to go after these types of players. 

Just now, Speedy Beebe said:

For sure he is.

What I find interesting is, with his less than ideal past and after the failed attempt on AB, maybe they feel that that they have a locker room strong enough to go after these types of players. 

Could be. Also, my understanding is that Clark hasn't been a problem in Seattle.

• Like (+1) 1

3 minutes ago, dave mcbride said:

Could be. Also, my understanding is that Clark hasn't been a problem in Seattle.

To be honest I’d rather Buffalo grab a young Frank Clark over a +30 AB. 

Just now, The Senator said:

Isn’t 2 firsts?

If that’s true, I’d have to pass on him. 

1 minute ago, The Senator said:

Isn’t 2 firsts?

I think for two firsts a team can take a franchised player- not a trade specifically. The team that assigns the tag can trade him for whatever they want to if they feel they will not be able to sign him long term. 

I wouldn't want to give more than a 3rd for Clark with the thick DL draft ahead. Maybe a third and swap of firsts, which would be beneficial to us anyways. 

• Like (+1) 2

two firsts if you sign him to an offersheet and they do not match.

Any trade Compensation could be worked out other than what those 2 firsts are.

I guess working out a trade for a franchised player (has been done before) would classify as Mario's earlier report of Bills will add edge rushing in a "creative way"

Edited by MAJBobby

5 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

two firsts if you sign him to an offersheet and they do not match.

Any trade Compensation could be worked out other than what those 2 firsts are

I see - thanks.  Presumably, in this case, Seattle would not match, but take the 2 firsts, yes?

Just now, The Senator said:

I see - thanks.  Presumably, in this case, Seattle would not match, but take the 2 firsts, yes?

Yeah if Bills sign him to an offer sheet.  I dont think they would.  It would just be a normal trade followed by the deal