Does Beane's serious and concerted effort to trade for AB change your perspective on Beane & OBD?

6 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Beane is the greatest GM we have ever had. Not because he "tried" to sign AB, but because he tested the waters with no intention of ever signing him. The sooner you admit it, the faster we can move on to other things.  He dipped his toe in the water and got a reading of what other teams were doing....well played Beaner

Your reasoning is pretty weak. I will say this, he drafted a top 10 QB. Bills GM's don't do that. 

Edited by TheTruthHurts

2 minutes ago, TheTruthHurts said:

You have to understand what you are. The Bills are a running football team. Get WR's that stretch the field, but we won't be throwing to any single WR 150+ times. It's just not happening. 

Has being in the same division as the Pats taught you nothing.  There's no such thing as a "running football team" in 2018.  We have to build an offense capable of scoring 30 on anyone.  Doing anything less is settling for mediocre at best.

• Like (+1) 1

11 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Nice effort I suppose, but all it does in reinforce my belief that we’re still the “spite-f***” of the NFL.

And still a  punchline....

https://www.yahoo.com/sports/antonio-brown-trade-twitter-roasts-061530085.html

Agreed yo a certain extent but I think we all know what it takes to be looked at legitimately in this league now and in yhe long term....

Who is your QB?

I’m optimistic that the Bills will be looked upon as legitimate within the next season or two.

• Like (+1) 4

Just now, Chuck Wagon said:

Has being in the same division as the Pats taught you nothing.  There's no such thing as a "running football team" in 2018.  We have to build an offense capable of scoring 30 on anyone.  Doing anything less is settling for mediocre at best.

That depends on the QB, not the WR's. 

19 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Nice effort I suppose, but all it does in reinforce my belief that we’re still the “spite-f***” of the NFL.

that's why it's safe to say beane and this team have a ways to go. personally, regardless of those crowning him as the best since rice, he wasn't going to fit the process anyway.

until beane, whom I have not had a real solid perspective of simply due to him yet to see his second chance at the draft. until, or if he builds a real contender, one should not be surprised by those negative tweets. 

Edited by DaBillsFanSince1973
  • Like (+1) 1

30 minutes ago, MrEpsYtown said:

I kind of always felt that Beane is willing to make any move if it makes sense. I feel like he's aggressive, but kind of judicious. My opinion hasn't changed, but I feel good that he's willing to be aggressive when a really good player comes available. The general consensus in media circles is that he is willing to talk about anything, and I also like the way he moves around the draft board get the guys he wants.

That said, I am curious to see if he is able to woo the big time free agent offensive linemen we have been talking about so much. The next few weeks will certainly impact my opinion on our braintrust.  

'Nuff said - it's the perfect mindset for a GM in my mind. You can't discount any one player before doing your due diligence, but you have to still bring a judicious mindset to not over pursue and end up hurting yourself in the process. I appreciate Beane's ability thus far to effectively walk the judicious/aggressive line well without leveraging too much of our future and sustaining a strong foundation moving forward.

We'll see how this track record plays out for the near future.

Edited by ctk232
  • Like (+1) 1

I liked him before and I like him now. He said he would look at everything that makes sense to improve this team and he has. Even a player with some drama. I like that he is aggressive and not afraid to make moves. Gives me confidence that as long as the Bills have capital then all deals can be given consideration. More importantly I am confident Beane knows when to back away and when to deal. 

Yup, but not for the better. The preach wanting 'process' guys, committed to football and to winning. It's why they tossed away talented guys and took big cap hits. Now they go after a player who quit on his team and came out and said he didnt need football anymore throwing this whole 'process' stuff out the window. It showed me more that maybe they are getting desperate and feeling the heat to win and wont have all the time in the world they thought they had to build their dream dynasty franchise.

If/when he's dealt - it'll be interesting to see what he brings the Steelers. 

If Bflo walked away from getting Brown and the Steeler's #20 pick for Bill's #9 and a Defensive Player; I wonder what someone else will have to pay.  I believe the circus the Bills went thru will help drive DOWN the return the Steeler's reap - maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder now.

Edited by Never NEVER Give-up

I already am a big fan of Brandon Beane. I think he is going to prove to be an EXCELLENT GM.

That being said, I'm actually a bit perplexed at the attempt to get Brown. 

From a culture standpoint, it doesn't seem like a fit.

From a "having a head case WR yelling in Allen's ear every time he doesn't get the ball" perspective, it doesn't seem like a fit.

Considering McDermott recently says he wants a WR that can work well with Allen, catch passes, then put the ball down and line up and do it again, it doesn't seem like a fit.

Considering McDermott and Beane recently talked down the notion of needing a "#1 WR" in their offense and given the fact that Daboll's Erhardt-Perkins offense historically DOESN'T need a #1 WR, it doesn't seem like a fit.

I fully grant that adding Brown would be a HUGE boost to the Bills offense from a pure talent standpoint. But from all the other angles I just mentioned, it seems like a weird move.

One thing it does is show us all that without a shadow of a doubt, Beane views 2019 as the year to strike and really build up the talent level on this team, and is willing to take risks to accomplish that goal.

A bit  disappointed. The fact AB refused to commit to a trade to Buffalo proves what we all thought of the guy. He is a prima donna cancerous piece of crap and has no business being here on this team IMO. I just wish Beane didn''t even try and focused elsewhere. I just foresaw AB throwing the whole team under the bus eventually, not sure why Beane didn't see that....  and that worries me some...

• Thank you (+1) 1

54 minutes ago, 4_kidd_4 said:

Let them laugh. Jeez, people need to get a grip :lol:

40 minutes ago, Never NEVER Give-up said:

If/when he's dealt - it'll be interesting to see what he brings the Steelers. 

If Bflo walked away from getting Brown and the Steeler's #20 pick for Bill's #9 and a Defensive Player; I wonder what someone else will have to pay.  I believe the circus the Bills went thru will help drive DOWN the return the Steeler's reap - maybe a 2nd or 3rd rounder now.

Itll likely be less than what we offered, which is why they agreed to our deal last night. At this point the cards have been on the table from interested teams. I cant imagine someone saw our deal fall through and is willing to up theirs knowing AB can just blow it up if he wants.

I actually think theres a non-zero (although unlikely) chance that we still get Brown. A guy like McCoy can get on the phone and maybe convince AB that Buffalo isnt bad and McCoy loves Allen so he may persuade him to give Buffalo a try. And the Steelers likely would prefer that cause we offered the best deal. The other teams rumored in the running arent exactly inspiring (Raiders, Redskins, Titans etc). Unless he really likes the idea of Vegas, which would make some sense. But from a team perspective I think were equal with the other teams willing to make a deal.

Edited by jletha

No not at all Bean is doing what ever he can to make the team better as he had said a thousand times I would be more disappointed if he never checked to see exactly what was going on with AB even though i never wanted him to come here as he didn't want to be here either !

https://www.buffalorumblings.com/2019/3/8/18256010/reports-buffalo-bills-antonio-brown-trade-to-buffalo-nixed-because-brown-didnt-want-to-go-2019

But Bean is a really good GM he will get the particulars in any situation that could help the Bills & once he has all the facts will make a decision from there some he will hit on like the Jordan Phillips one & others he won't like the Benjamin experiment but he is doing his best to find the talent to make the Bills a winner !

So i still think he is the same guy he said he was from day one & is doing what he said he would although i have read post stating he is "In over his head" those folks apparently have less of a clue than i do & i'm far from a football expert !! 

I’m on the McBeane bandwagon.

He has stated that

1)We will be very active, but judicious, in Free Agency

2)As long as he’s GM, we’ll never be in cap hell

3) As long as he’s GM, we’ll never draft a player out of need

The first two, I believe - the last, not so much.

In Belicheat’s 1st 3yrs w/NE, they were 5-11, 11-5, 9-7.  If we go 10-6 this season, McBeane will have the same 3-yr W-L record. By that yardstick, Beane is probably on the right track. We’ll find out this season and in 2020.

Now go sign C Matt Paradis, RT Daryl Williams, WR Tyrell Williams, and draft LT Jonah Williams!

Edited by The Senator

I dont understand where the disconnect came in though.  You know what your getting.  If you go through the process of offering compensation, ya pull the trigger and fix him with money.