What really happened: Beane trolled the Steelers and AB

29 minutes ago, BringBackFergy said:

Burning a bridge implies that the "burnee" found out what the "burnor" did.  Beane will never admit to trolling but you and I know that's exactly what he did.

No, I think it was all legitimate.

1 hour ago, Tenhigh said:

It's like people are taking crazy pills, right?  We DO deserve to be embarrassed....

It's got bacon AND bleu cheese in it, he gets a pass. Learn the rules, Sparky!

Dude, its a side dish not a meal! 

2 hours ago, NewEra said:

All the while,  the world laughs at Buffalo.

walked into work today, in Las Vegas, and 7 co workers have gone out of their way to approach me and laugh about the situation.  

Edit:  I’ve been at work for 2 hours and 10 minutes 

Are they (now) Raiders fans?  If so...yeah, they won't be laughing long.

I believe there was genuine interest and Beane made what he felt was a fair offer. Being that AB is still not traded the Steelers asking price might be too high. Which brings up the question who has more of an axe to grind in this situation? Clearly the Steelers want to get value for AB, but they also want to send him a message that his market value is nowhere near what AB thinks he’s worth. The Steelers know this and are asking for compensation on par with what AB believes his value is. They probably won’t get much for him, and that is not the point. The point is the Steelers FO wants to bludgeon him on the way out as some form of payback. 

5 hours ago, BringBackFergy said:

Right off the bat, let's all agree, Brandon Beane is a brilliant fella.  He never intended to acquire a quitter, headcase, me first WR like AB.  Here's how it went down:

1) The Steelers knew we are in need of a WR. They set a deadline for teams to make offers by Friday.

2) Beane calls Steelers on Tuesday to ask "What are you looking for as compensation for the "highly respected" AB. The Steelers make some outrageous demand (ex. a 1st rounder this year and second rounder next year)

3) Beane says "Hmmm, that sounds pretty reasonable. Let me check with my owner and coach, etc"  Beane hangs up the phone and laughs "This will be fun"

4) Steelers start talking to other teams but keep Beane in mind. They call Beane back "Have you thought any more about it?"  Beane "Yeah, sure...how about first this year and a fourth next  year?"  Steelers "How about a first and third this year?"  Beane "Let me call you back."  He starts laughing again. No intention of signing AB whatsoever, but knows other teams are now being waved away by Steelers because they are about to get a sweet deal from Bills.

5) As the other teams walk away from negotiating, the Steelers start to get nervous...they give info to LaConjecture and RapReport.

6) Beane is busy eating a cob salad when the phone rings. Steelers: "Are we doing this?"  Beane: "Who is this?"

7) Beane issues statement about what a great player AB is and, unfortunately, they were unable to get a deal done.

Steelers are now left in a bad negotiating position because they spurned several other suitors. AB's price went down all thanks to Brandon Beane and the greatest "catfish" technique we will ever see.

Why would Bean drive the price down ? 

So some other team  like the Jets could get AB for cheap? 

?

1 hour ago, Doc said:

Are they (now) Raiders fans?  If so...yeah, they won't be laughing long.

Nah.  The only raider fans that live in Vegas currently, were raider fans prior to the relocation plans.  I haven’t met any wagon jumpers....yet.  

6 hours ago, Jpsredemption said:

Yea ok. He didn’t want to come here because this team is a perennial loser minus 1 lucky playoff birth. Win and they will come.

He's going to the Raiders. What does that tell you?

34 minutes ago, NewEra said:

Nah.  The only raider fans that live in Vegas currently, were raider fans prior to the relocation plans.  I haven’t met any wagon jumpers....yet.  

Salt on the wound fellow "Vegan." I'm gonna go to every game and boo him mercilessly. That'll show him!

1 hour ago, Elite Poster said:

How delusional do you have to be before sucking it up and admitting the Bills got left at the alert? 

I'm thankful Brown prevented the Bills from making a monumental mistake. 

• Like (+1) 2

On 3/8/2019 at 11:04 PM, Dr.Sack said:

I believe there was genuine interest and Beane made what he felt was a fair offer. Being that AB is still not traded the Steelers asking price might be too high. Which brings up the question who has more of an axe to grind in this situation? Clearly the Steelers want to get value for AB, but they also want to send him a message that his market value is nowhere near what AB thinks he’s worth. The Steelers know this and are asking for compensation on par with what AB believes his value is. They probably won’t get much for him, and that is not the point. The point is the Steelers FO wants to bludgeon him on the way out as some form of payback. 

AB got his money so the bludgeon worked?

On 3/8/2019 at 10:30 AM, BringBackFergy said:

Right off the bat, let's all agree, Brandon Beane is a brilliant fella.  He never intended to acquire a quitter, headcase, me first WR like AB.  Here's how it went down:

1) The Steelers knew we are in need of a WR. They set a deadline for teams to make offers by Friday.

2) Beane calls Steelers on Tuesday to ask "What are you looking for as compensation for the "highly respected" AB. The Steelers make some outrageous demand (ex. a 1st rounder this year and second rounder next year)

3) Beane says "Hmmm, that sounds pretty reasonable. Let me check with my owner and coach, etc"  Beane hangs up the phone and laughs "This will be fun"

4) Steelers start talking to other teams but keep Beane in mind. They call Beane back "Have you thought any more about it?"  Beane "Yeah, sure...how about first this year and a fourth next  year?"  Steelers "How about a first and third this year?"  Beane "Let me call you back."  He starts laughing again. No intention of signing AB whatsoever, but knows other teams are now being waved away by Steelers because they are about to get a sweet deal from Bills.

5) As the other teams walk away from negotiating, the Steelers start to get nervous...they give info to LaConjecture and RapReport.

6) Beane is busy eating a cob salad when the phone rings. Steelers: "Are we doing this?"  Beane: "Who is this?"

7) Beane issues statement about what a great player AB is and, unfortunately, they were unable to get a deal done.

Steelers are now left in a bad negotiating position because they spurned several other suitors. AB's price went down all thanks to Brandon Beane and the greatest "catfish" technique we will ever see.

This is funny, but it wouldn't do Beane's reputation good in a number of ways.

I think we can tell where the sticking point was from the new contract the Raidahs reportedly gave AB.   I can see the Bills offering the Steelers a bit more than a 3rd and 5th round pick for AB.  I can't see Beane offering AB a $20M pay increase to $50M/3 years with 60% of that guaranteed.

On 3/8/2019 at 1:15 PM, BringBackFergy said:

Burning a bridge implies that the "burnee" found out what the "burnor" did.  Beane will never admit to trolling but you and I know that's exactly what he did.

But you've let the "cat out of the bag", the missile out of the silo, the fork out of the salad.  How could you, Fergs?

• Like (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Hapless Bills Fan said:

But you've let the "cat out of the bag", the missile out of the silo, the fork out of the salad.  How could you, Fergs?

Sometimes the truth hurts. This whole ordeal will go down in history as the best non-signing in Bills history, not only by missing out on an arrogant diva, but based on the draft info and “team needs” Beane learned from his negotiations. Masterful

• Haha (+1) 1

1 hour ago, BringBackFergy said:

Sometimes the truth hurts. This whole ordeal will go down in history as the best non-signing in Bills history, not only by missing out on an arrogant diva, but based on the draft info and “team needs” Beane learned from his negotiations. Masterful

How would get learn team needs and draft info when discussing a 30 year old player trade? 

I'm pretty sure at this point you are trolling.