Steelers shopping RT Marcus Gilbert

5 minutes ago, YoloinOhio said:

Well let’s try this Steeler thing again.

Might be an option if they strike out elsewhere.  You'd be taking on a one-year deal worth $4.9M against the cap, but he's 31 years old and coming off of 3 injury-riddled seasons.  He's played in 25 of the team's last 48 games.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, Ol Dirty B said:

Line wasn't good and you just got burned by that franchise. I wouldn't have anything to do with them other than shipping mice with the plague to the fo.

How did Steelers burn us?  They agreed with a compensation package for a WR, that WR killed the trade.  So how did the Steelers burn us?

• Like (+1) 2

17 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

How did Steelers burn us?  They agreed with a compensation package for a WR, that WR killed the trade.  So how did the Steelers burn us?

I suppose they didn't,  but it was their part of the trade that blew it up in a bad way. Granted he has been doing a lot of that. I just wouldn't want anything to do with them at this point. 

It doesn't take much to go to AB and know where he's willing to go and not. And not doing what he did with Buffalo. It's on AB but they bear some responsibility. I'm also just a fan. I have the luxury of that.

Edited by Ol Dirty B
  • Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, Ol Dirty B said:

I suppose they didn't,  but it was their part of the trade that blew it up in a bad way. Granted he has been doing a lot of that. I just wouldn't want anything to do with them at this point. 

It doesn't take much to go through with AB and know where he's willing to go and not. And not doing what he did with Butfalo. It's on AB but they bear some responsibility. I'm also just a fan. I have the luxury of that.

Doesn't Buffalo bear some responsibility as well.  I am sure they have seen and heard everything AB has done this last month.  Shouldn't the FIRST statement made to Steelers be can we talk to AB and Drew and see if there is interest, then come back and talk compensation.

• Thank you (+1) 2

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

I've seen speculation that AB killed the trade. Nothing definitive tho. Beane said the deal just made little sense for both teams. Has it been reported that AB absolutely squashed it, or is this you just doing the math?

Just now, BuffAlone said:

I've seen speculation that AB killed the trade. Nothing definitive tho. Beane said the deal just made little sense for both teams. Has it been reported that AB absolutely squashed it, or is this you just doing the math?

Yes it has all over the place here is just one

That trade was all but done until Buffalo heard Antonio was going to have an issue coming to Buffalo

Edited by MAJBobby

1 minute ago, BuffAlone said:

I don’t hold the Steelers responsible one bit. I’m certain they are absolutely furious at Brown. Steelers fans hate the guy. Before all his antics he would have fetched a minimum of a first rounder in trade. Now they can’t give him away. I’m sure the Steelers wanted to get the Brown headache to Buffalo very very badly. 

• Like (+1) 1