Should Ian Rapaport Be Drawn and Quartered?

Should Ian Rapaport Be Drawn and Quartered?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ian Rapaport Be Drawn and Quartered?

• Yes
    • No
    • I’d prefer the iron maiden

26 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

He didn't report a done deal. I believe the word he used was "likely".

On twitter, "closing in on a deal." In a different tweet, "close to being done."

At 7:07 AM Josh Alpert in his PFT column reiterated that Rappaport was standing by his earlier reporting...

One of those responses came from PFT as a league source told us a deal is “not even close,” but Rapoport isn’t backing off the report. He told Mike Florio in a text that the deal is “going through” and posted something similar on Twitter a short time later.

my guess is that someone in the Steelers leaked this, thinking it would draw other teams (Green Bay, Oakland) to try to offer something stupid.  In the end, it's likely Bean didn't want to pay AB more money and it got nixed somehow.  

1 minute ago, RyanC883 said:

my guess is that someone in the Steelers leaked this, thinking it would draw other teams (Green Bay, Oakland) to try to offer something stupid.  In the end, it's likely Bean didn't want to pay AB more money and it got nixed somehow.  

Green Bay isn't interested either per PFT....

Also, allegedly money was not the issue at all... AB didn't want to play here - period.

• Like (+1) 1

I want my sleep back.   I was about to go to bed, saw something about the Bills on the bottom, then it was AB, and stayed up another 2 hours, and nothing more than speculation, but that they are "close."   No, they weren't.  Freaking leaky Steelers.  Hate that team.  

Just now, DefenseWins said:

Green Bay isn't interested either per PFT....

Also, allegedly money was not the issue at all... AB didn't want to play here - period.

That's what the leaky Steelers would have you believe (oh, it's not AB's contract demand, that's nothing, it was the QB situation).   It's all about the money with AB.  

Just now, T master said:

I think Schefter set him up !! ?

Sure i expected Bean to shake the trees a bit because he's a really good GM & he leaves no stone unturned but given the type of person that AB is not the player i never thought that either McD or Bean would actually spend what it would take to bring him here !!

The dude is a cancer not as a player on the field he's great but if he doesn't get his way & he has said as much going forward he will do the same thing all over again to the next team he's on it's all about him & screw any one else ...

Good riddance to bad rubbish !! See yah AB !!

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, RyanC883 said:

I want my sleep back.   I was about to go to bed, saw something about the Bills on the bottom, then it was AB, and stayed up another 2 hours, and nothing more than speculation, but that they are "close."   No, they weren't.  Freaking leaky Steelers.  Hate that team.  

I know right. I got ZERO sleep. All for naught.

Was dreaming of partying for "AB signing day" tonight. Now I will drink alone.. in bed.. at 6pm

• Like (+1) 1
  • Haha (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, MakeBuffaloGreatAgain said:

Did you know... that the Iron Maiden wasn’t an actual midevil torture devise? Think of all those peasants who could have enjoyed this, but instead received the breaking wheel and the oven shoes instead because it wasn’t invented back then. Shame. 

Id rather make 2 reservations to the Iron Maiden than one trip to the breaking wheel

All I know is I'm feeling relieved. AB is a great receiver but I'm not so sure that he's fit in in Buffalo. He's looking more for more of a  Hollywood feel with his masked singer and dancing with the stars resume.

I'm glad Beane ended it with his statement this morning. Happy to see him focusing on getting us someone who fits the locker room culture and isn't going to be a distraction.

It says something that a guy like AB hasn't been snapped up already. Imagine if Julio Jones or Hopkins were available, no way it'd be dragging on like this.

2 hours ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Everything he reported looks to be true. It got squashed by AB in the end.

Shouldn't one confirm the player is on board before reporting a trade. Especially a player known to be as big a headcase as AB? He doesn't want to play with a HOF QB still playing at a high level of course he is going to veto a trade sending him to play for a team with a young QB that is still learning the game.