Should Ian Rapaport Be Drawn and Quartered?

Should Ian Rapaport Be Drawn and Quartered?  

119 members have voted

1. 1. Should Ian Rapaport Be Drawn and Quartered?

• Yes
    • No
    • I’d prefer the iron maiden

Nah -- these guys are never held to any standard of accountability.  He'll just say that AB nixed the deal, or the two sides couldn't agree on a new contract.  The story will be forgotten by this afternoon.

• Like (+1) 1

So, Rapport got the scoop that the Bills and Steelers had agreed to a deal. Which part did he get wrong?  The only caveat might have been that AB is a bit of nut and it's possible he would not play for Buffalo.  Otherwise, Rapport was correct.  

• Like (+1) 3

Not sure when he (Rap) became credible as compared to Shefter...

Shefter is the only one I believe on substantiated rumors. Has he ever been wrong on one?

Sounds like the Bills kicked the tires and Pit like the potential offer (probably a swap of 1sts) more than most of the other offers, so an agenda got pushed.

48 minutes ago, Southern Bills Fan said:

Everything he reported looks to be true. It got squashed by AB in the end.

Yeah, what Rapaport reported was correct.

Mebbe the Steelers were the ones to call him, probably hoping for one last offer out of left-field?

Edited by Thurman#1

51 minutes ago, DefenseWins said:

I just basically said the same thing in the AB thread. Seems like very half-a$$ed reporting to report a "done deal" and not confirm it with AB first. Who the hell were Rappaport's trusted sources on this?  

He didn't report a done deal. I believe the word he used was "likely".

On twitter, "closing in on a deal." In a different tweet, "close to being done."

Edited by Thurman#1
  • Like (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Thurman#1 said:

He didn't report a done deal. I believe the word he used was "likely".

On twitter, "closing in on a deal." In a different tweet, "close to being done."

Yeah, I mean you can argue the language, but this is pretty inductive of the guy saying it's a done deal.

4 minutes ago, BillsFan17 said:

Yeah, I mean you can argue the language, but this is pretty inductive of the guy saying it's a done deal.

Closing in means it is not a done deal.