If The Bills Stay @ #9, Who Is Your Guy?

H2o

5 hours ago, Mat68 said:

Depends how FA goes and who is available.  If 1 of the stud d lineman are available that's a given.  I think Hockinson and Metcalf are in the discussion as well.  Personally, I want Buffalo bring in a deep threat this offseason so I am going Metcalf.  

I think given the fact that they were pursuing AB & was about to give him a huge contract. Tells us alot! WR is a huge need for them. I think they want leadership on that O-Line... so Matt Paradis & Darryl Williams from the Panthers might be our biggest signings come Tuesday.

If they're able to get Paradis & Williams... they'll probably go after Adam Humphreys, Crabtree or John Brown on small 3 year deals...not all 3... I think they'll pick one. But they're definitely not drafting a O-linemen at 9 if they have Williams & Paradis. 

It's looking more & more that DK will be the pick at 9.  He's the only....& I mean THE ONLY WR in this draft with Superstar potential.  Those other WR's are safe & pretty good. They want Allen to have a stud... like I said AB told us a lot. 

Its DK... & Adam Humphreys or Crabtree or John Brown is someone that can make plays & teach DK, Zay, & Foster...how to play this game.

It just makes too much sense at this point 

Edited by Scorp83
Typo

Depends on free agency right now. If they getDaryl Williams to play RT, and someone at WR like Adam Humphries, then it's TJ Hockenson to solidify TE as I can't justify interior OL at #9. There's no Quenton Nelson in this class.

If they can get Paradis or Mitch Morse but aren't able to land anyone for RT, then Jawaan Taylor is my guy.

I think DL is an option for them even though offense should be the #1 focus, and I have no interest whatsoever in DK Metcalf when there are other guys with deep speed that can be picked in later rounds. His agility or lack thereof is not something you can excuse at #9 regardless of his size and freak potential. They went with a low floor ultra high ceiling prospect at QB, far too risky to do it at WR also 

Edited by JM57

Jonah Williams if he's still available.  Solid three year starter at Alabama.  Can play left or right tackle opposite Dawkins.  If we sign a tackle in free agency then moving Dawkins to guard isn't out of the question.

8 hours ago, reddogblitz said:

yet the Hawks have been going to playoffs every year and won 1 SB with a crappy Oline.

DK at 9

I think your joking. If not, this is a feeble cherry pick at best. 

6 minutes ago, Doc Brown said:

Jonah Williams if he's still available.  Solid three year starter at Alabama.  Can play left or right tackle opposite Dawkins.  If we sign a tackle in free agency then moving Dawkins to guard isn't out of the question.

I can't see a scenario where Dawkins ends up at guard this season unless they are able to sign someone for RT AND center in free agency AND draft Jonah Williams or someone capable of playing LT at #9. Any other scenario and I think Dawkins stays at LT.

If they sign two and draft one they could go like:

Jonah Williams

Dion Dawkins

Matt Paradis or Mitch Morse

Spencer Long or Wyatt Teller

Daryl Williams

If they don't have that LT capable rookie or get Jawaan Taylor instead I would guess it would be:

Dawkins

Long or Teller

FA or Long

Long or Teller

Jawaan Taylor

As of right now this is how I think/hope the top 8 plays out so we can see Devin White on the clock when we pick:

1. Arizona Cardinals - Kyler Murray / QB / OU

2. San Francisco 49ers- Nick Bosa / DE / Ohio State

3. New York Jets- Quinnen Williams / DT / Alabama

4. Oakland Raiders- Josh Allen / Edge / UK

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- Montez Sweat / DE / Miss. St. 

6. New York Giants- Dwayne Haskins / QB / Ohio State

7. Jacksonville Jaguars- Ed Oliver / DT / Houston

8. Detroit Lions- Rashaan Gary / DT-DE / Michigan

9. Buffalo Bills - Devin White / LB / LSU

The biggest threats to seeing this happen would be Oakland (as noted by Gunner), Tampa with Bowles now running the defense, and Detroit where I could see Patricia taking him just before us. I think Oakland is going pass rusher as Gruden talks about how it is a huge need, though the idiot traded away one of the top 2 in the league just last year. I think Tampa is pretty solid at LB and is still looking to fix their woes in getting to the QB. With Sweat testing the way he did at the combine I think the versatility he provides may be enticing enough to make them pull the trigger at #5. Detroit is likely to lose Ansah in FA. I hope that Gary's athleticism is enough to make them select him. He's an exceptional athlete, but he clearly didn't live up to that at Michigan. Was he misused? Possibly and I hope that's what Detroit believes enough to make him #8. 

If Ed Oliver is there at 9 he would be the BPA and while many might think a 3 technique DL is not a need, I believe a penetrating DL would create a lot of problems for offenses by bringing pressure up the middle, making Hughes/ Murphy more effective by preventing QBs from being able to step up in the pocket.

• Like (+1) 4

4 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I think given the fact that they were pursuing AB & was about to give him a huge contract. Tells us alot! WR is a huge need for them. I think they want leadership on that O-Line... so Matt Paradis & Darryl Williams from the Panthers might be our biggest signings come Tuesday.

If they're able to get Paradis & Williams... they'll probably go after Adam Humphreys, Crabtree or John Brown on small 3 year deals...not all 3... I think they'll pick one. But they're definitely not drafting a O-linemen at 9 if they have Williams & Paradis. 

It's looking more & more that DK will be the pick at 9.  He's the only....& I mean THE ONLY WR in this draft with Superstar potential.  Those other WR's are safe & pretty good. They want Allen to have a stud... like I said AB told us a lot. 

Its DK... & Adam Humphreys or Crabtree or John Brown is someone that can make plays & teach DK, Zay, & Foster...how to play this game.

It just makes too much sense at this point 

I would be thrilled with Metcalf, Humprhries, and possibly Crabtree.

• Like (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

3 hours ago, richardb1952 said:

If Ed Oliver is there at 9 he would be the BPA and while many might think a 3 technique DL is not a need, I believe a penetrating DL would create a lot of problems for offenses by bringing pressure up the middle, making Hughes/ Murphy more effective by preventing QBs from being able to step up in the pocket.

Finally somebody gets it!

On 3/8/2019 at 10:33 AM, GunnerBill said:

I do think Gary is gonna last as well. I wasn't sure he would pre-Kyler Murray because I thought all of the top 3 would want edge guys and Gary might end up a Jet at #3. Now I think the top 5 is Murray and then Bosa, Allen, Williams and White (the last two possible flipped). Then Haskins is still the favourite to go at #6 - depends what the Jags want to do at #7 - Gary could be in play there as could Ferrell, Oliver and Wilkins.

Does the gap between talent and production with Gary worry you?

I think the top dlineman is the way to go. Hopefully a couple of the offensive players go early and we have a choice of Oliver, Ferrel, Wilkins, Burns, Sweat, Gary. 

Going forward I think I like Wilkins the most from a safe pick perspective. Gary and Oliver probably have the highest ceilings. I'd trust in McBeane to make the choice. Possibly even move back in the draft and get one of these guys. 

Though I don't have a man crush on any particular player, I will be OK with any one of the following players:

Jawaan Taylor

Ed Oliver (OK at this point -combine answered a few questions I have - I want to see his pro day results)

DK Metcalf

Quinnen Williams (I don't expect he'll drop that far)

Rashan Gary (I have some concerns that he's something of a tweener - but I think a creative coach can use him)

Josh Allen (won't be available)

Nick Bosa (won't be available)

Montez Sweat

Brian Burns

Andre Dillard

The last three are kind of on the fringe for me.  I think they may be a bit of a reach, but have nice upside, so I'd hope for the best. 

7 hours ago, JM57 said:

I can't see a scenario where Dawkins ends up at guard this season unless they are able to sign someone for RT AND center in free agency AND draft Jonah Williams or someone capable of playing LT at #9. Any other scenario and I think Dawkins stays at LT.

If they sign two and draft one they could go like:

Jonah Williams

Dion Dawkins

Matt Paradis or Mitch Morse

Spencer Long or Wyatt Teller

Daryl Williams

If they don't have that LT capable rookie or get Jawaan Taylor instead I would guess it would be:

Dawkins

Long or Teller

FA or Long

Long or Teller

Jawaan Taylor

I agree with this and I'm really hoping for the first scenario.  I really want to see Dawkins play at guard to help fortify our biggest weakness on the line last year.