If The Bills Stay @ #9, Who Is Your Guy?

H2o

It depends so much on who is available, and who the Bills take in free agency.

The most strategically intelligent choice based on the importance of the battle in the trenches to the success of football teams would be either an offensive or defensive lineman.

I want the Bills to pick whichever offensive or defensive lineman they have rated the highest.

Ed Oliver, Brian Burns, or Montez Sweat on defense.

Jonah Williams or Jawaan Taylor on offense.

It may not be sexy, but games are won and lost in the trenches. Get me a big ugly and I'll be happy.

• Like (+1) 4

14 hours ago, gjv001 said:

You win at the Line of Scrimmage. Build both lines.

yet the Hawks have been going to playoffs every year and won 1 SB with a crappy Oline.

8 hours ago, Scorp83 said:

I don't want ANY Tightend that early! You don't spend a top 10 pick on a TE. History tells us that.

#DKToTheBills #DKToTheBills #DKToTheBills #DKToTheBills #DKToTheBills #DKToTheBills #DKToTheBills #DKToTheBills #DKToTheBills #DKToTheBills #DKToTheBills #DKToTheBills 

DK at 9

• Thank you (+1) 1

Obviously, it’s impossible to say without knowing who goes 1-8, but as of today I’m hoping for Oliver. Get a couple OL in FA, draft another one or two, and get some skill guys who can scare a defense. 

• Like (+1) 1

13 hours ago, the skycap said:

This draft is deep with capable linemen they can get later in the draft. They can also acquire linemen in FA. Get Josh some offensive talent 

They should get them there too.  We need several.

4 minutes ago, Kirby Jackson said:

I’d lean DL but based on their efforts for AB It looks like they’d lean Metcalf. They CLEARLY have an interest in finding a number 1. He is boom or bust.

He scares me. I pray I’m wrong.  I think DL is the smart pick, but I’ll trust the pros. What else can we do? 

2 minutes ago, Augie said:

He scares me. I pray I’m wrong.  I think DL is the smart pick, but I’ll trust the pros. What else can we do? 

He is definitely scary. Beane took two guys last year in the first with massive ceilings and low floors. I’m not saying it will happen but obviously he believes number 1 WR is a need. He was willing to add AB.

Just now, Kirby Jackson said:

He is definitely scary. Beane took two guys last year in the first with massive ceilings and low floors. I’m not saying it will happen but obviously he believes number 1 WR is a need. He was willing to add AB.

I fits the pattern, I agree. Time will tell! 

I think a couple teams will go for a QB and we'll go BPA and get Kyle's succesor Ed Oliver. If they go WR, my bet is Metcalf. If they go OT, maybe Taylor or Williams. I suspect they will sign an OT and C in FA and get Oliver, then draft a WR (Campbell?) in the 2nd. I think we'll have trouble getting FA WR's to come to Buffalo until Allen can start placing the ball more accurately so they aren't always having to adjust so much to catch it. I also suspect that K Benjaman and C Clay were discouraged by this as well and just wanted out.

Bottom line, we have to run the ball way better in 2019 because we aren't going to win many games with Allen throwing 30 or more passes. We must become a run first offense and be able to move the chains.Allen can give us a few spectacular plays with his legs and strong arm, but you can't put your offense on him like you can with Brady or Mahomes.

Edited by GreggTX
  • Like (+1) 1

Jonah Williams is the best pass protector that I have ever seen. This guy is so fundamentally sound it's not even funny. He can play every position on the O-Line. He is only 21 years old and is already better then average at run blocking. I truely believe that he will be the best O-Lineman in the NFL in his 2nd or 3rd year. It will be really hard to pass on drafting D. White if he's there but I think Jonah Williams is that good.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

I think there are some elite defenders in this draft so I would lean that way in the first. Of the guys who I think would be available at 9 I like Burns the best. Then spend most of the rest of picks building an OL and WR corps. Throw in a DT, RB CB and S and possibly even a punter. I would like first few rds to go something like below. 

1/  Burns - Edge 

2/ Risner - Cajuste- Lindstrom- Dillard - D Edwards whichever is left OL

3/4  Isabella - Campbell- Mclaurin-Hurd- Arcega 

use  on some combination of these WRs

After that take BPA focusing on OL, DT,S,RB,CB

Edited by Floydboy12

Depends how FA goes and who is available.  If 1 of the stud d lineman are available that's a given.  I think Hockinson and Metcalf are in the discussion as well.  Personally, I want Buffalo bring in a deep threat this offseason so I am going Metcalf.  

• Like (+1) 2

Let's see:

1. Arizona Cardinals- LB Josh Allen- Kentucky

2. San Francisco 49ers- DE Nick Bosa- Ohio State

3. New York Jets- DL Quinnen Williams- Alabama

4. Oakland Raiders- ILB Devin White- LSU

5. Tampa Bay Buccaneers- CB Greedy Williams- LSU

6. New York Giants- QB Dwayne Haskins- Ohio State

7. Jacksonville Jaguars- DL Ed Oliver- Houston

8. Detroit Lions- Edge Rashaan Gary- Michigan

9. Buffalo Bills- Edge Montez Sweat- Miss. State

I don't believe the Cards will trade Rosen or go after the tiny QB, just my opinion. I think if Montez Sweat makes it to us he's going to be the pick, some will say Jawaan Taylor should be the pick, I was thinking of him here and he could be in play if we don't sign Darryl Williams in FA because Taylor played almost all of his college career at RT and I don't have Jonah Williams listed here because I don't think he's a top 10 player and again that's just my opinion. Montez Sweat really caught my eye at the combine, I never knew he was that athletic but then you see how he plays and he's definitely eye popping watching him in games, he's like a cheetah out there stalking and then pouncing on his prey, he'd be a heck of an addition to that DL imo. I'm assuming Buffalo adds at least one but more possibly 2 offensive lineman in FA.

• Thank you (+1) 1