If The Bills Stay @ #9, Who Is Your Guy?

H2o

Every year we all develop a man-crush on a single player we deem worthy of the pick within ourselves, a guy we bang the table for when the Bills go on the clock. Of course there are many variables as there are 8 teams picking in front of us. It's safe to say we definitely won't be taking a QB as we have ours, for years to come hopefully. It's also safe to assume Bosa, Quinnen Williams, and Josh Allen will be off of the board. I also believe it's a safe bet that Murray and Haskins will also be two of the guys taken. That is 5 of the 8 in front of us. That being said, the rest of the draft is wide open. Who is your guy? 

For me, it's this guy right here:

Devin White has elite speed at the position, he has natural instincts that can't be taught, he plays with violence, sheds blocks with ease, and he is constantly looking to create turnovers while still making the tackle. He honestly reminds me of a young Ray Lewis. Can you imagine him, Edmunds, and Milano out there on defense? Three LB's who can cover and knock the snot out of people? I believe we would have the best group of LB's in the NFL. I see this guy as one of the elite players in this draft and wouldn't hesitate for a second to take him if on the board when we pick @ #9.  

• Like (+1) 4
  • Thank you (+1) 1

Ed Oliver and DK Metcalf are my preferred options at this point but I wouldn’t be mad at basically any of the directions they seem likely to go. Montez Sweat, Brian Burns, Jawaan Taylor, etc. it’s all fine to me.

• Like (+1) 2

5 minutes ago, The Jokeman said:

Who goes #1-8?

So the 5 I think look all but certain are: Bosa, Allen, Williams, Murray and White (sorry OP)

The next 3 most likely in my mind are Haskins, Ferrell and Oliver but also in the mix are Greedy, Wilkins, Gary and Sweat.

depending on what they do in fa...in terms of getting a dt or if not, i'm for ed oliver....if they're stuck at 9.

i really think they should concentrate on edge rush. trade down and get an extra 2nd then take sweat in the teens.  we can always trade back into the 3rd where i'd take o. ximines.

we could land two fearsome rushers for years to come. jerry ain't getting any younger and this could very well be his last year as a bill.....even tho i love the guy.

if they do take a couple of edges as above after maybe signing a sheldon richardson on a prove it deal, i would then target daniel wise dt in the 4th.

Sorry, I specifically avoid getting a man crush on any given prospect.  I figure that is setting oneself up for disappointment.  I can be intrigued by a player, usually multiple players, but I figure it's no smart to go into the draft wearing blinders.  I am pretty sure any good GM feels the same way.

• Like (+1) 2

He won't be there at 9, but hoping for a miracle. I want Quinnon Williams. If not Q, I'd be happy with Ed Oliver or even TJ. 

This is all based on us fixing the OL in FA, and nabbing a WR in round 2. 

Oliver, Taylor, Hockenson, DK, White, Gary- I am on board with any of those picks at 9-Oliver and White I prefer at 9.  The sweet spot of this draft is picks 20-100.  I much prefer trading back and loading up on top 100

Edited by Pete