Screw Rotoworld's Buffalo Bashing

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers are "closing in on a deal" to trade Antonio Brown to the Bills.

Wow. It will be interesting to see what the Bills are sending the Steelers' direction, as Buffalo doesn't have any extra picks in the early rounds, holding their own first-, second-, and third-round picks, with the first being at No. 9 overall. Going from Ben Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh to Josh Allen and Buffalo is a significant downgrade for Brown both in football and life. His fantasy prospects will obviously take a big hit with this deal. It's truly fair to wonder if Brown will willingly go to Buffalo.

RELATED: 
Mar 7, 2019, 10:32 PM

I added the emphasis to the above quote.  I'm tired of these ignorant cheap shots on the city of Buffalo.  Screw them.  I wish I had a paid subscription to Rotoworld just so I could cancel it.

Edited by Inigo Montoya

1 hour ago, Inigo Montoya said:

NFL Network's Ian Rapoport reports the Steelers are "closing in on a deal" to trade Antonio Brown to the Bills.

Wow. It will be interesting to see what the Bills are sending the Steelers' direction, as Buffalo doesn't have any extra picks in the early rounds, holding their own first-, second-, and third-round picks, with the first being at No. 9 overall. Going from Ben Roethlisberger and Pittsburgh to Josh Allen and Buffalo is a significant downgrade for Brown both in football and life. His fantasy prospects will obviously take a big hit with this deal. It's truly fair to wonder if Brown will willingly go to Buffalo.

RELATED: 
Mar 7, 2019, 10:32 PM

I added the emphasis to the above quote.  I'm tired of these ignorant cheap shots on the city of Buffalo.  Screw them.  I wish I had a paid subscription to Rotoworld just so I could cancel it.

To be fair, that's VERY tame compared to what the 2 analysts tonight were saying on ESPN radio when the news broke.

I mean they went on & on & on & on tirelessly bashing Buffalo. I understand the team not getting respect, but the actual jokes & trash talking of the city was really surprising to me.

A joke here & there I've grown accustomed to, but they made it out like Buffalo & Pitt are polar opposites when it comes to climate, as if it never snowed in Pittsburgh & Buffalo was Siberia. They kept saying the Steelers intentionally picked the Bills to punish & banish Brown, and to have fun with Allen lofting balls 10 feet out of bounds over his head. 

Then they started throwing Game of Thrones jokes in there about Brown going "beyond the wall" and fighting the white walkers in Buffalo. I mean this went on for at least an hour. They kept laughing too, because one of the hosts kept saying "no offense to Buffalo" right before he threw out another insult, and the other host called him on it. Too bad that just made it even funnier for them as they then began talking about how everyone from the Raiders to the Lions are a superior place to go compared to Buffalo.

Like Kyle said, a lot of players cried when they came here and a lot of them cried when it was time to leave. I’m in sales and man how I wish that I was in the publicity part of recruiting players. It would be so easy to put a spin on coming here. It would be the old half glass empty vs the half glass full. To the majority of players the money comes first but the ego usually comes second. I would put a spin on about their legacy, that they could clod something that would be historic and that would be that they could be the difference in turning this franchise around. It’s not like this team is trash, the defense is right up there and that we have the most important piece on offense is already in place and that is a YOUNG big arm QB. Show Brown the video of Josh leaping over defenders and displaying a strong will to win throughout the season. The secondary that is probably second to none and how the fans embrace their star players like Kyle and his farewell game. It’s been said, by Gruden I believe, that Brown is the hardest working player. Well, that’s what this whole team is about! Hasn’t Josh been compared to Rothelisberger on top of it minus the ego?? We need Shady to get involved and be an ambassador for us.

• Like (+1) 1

2 hours ago, BigDingus said:

To be fair, that's VERY tame compared to what the 2 analysts tonight were saying on ESPN radio when the news broke.

I mean they went on & on & on & on tirelessly bashing Buffalo. I understand the team not getting respect, but the actual jokes & trash talking of the city was really surprising to me.

A joke here & there I've grown accustomed to, but they made it out like Buffalo & Pitt are polar opposites when it comes to climate, as if it never snowed in Pittsburgh & Buffalo was Siberia. They kept saying the Steelers intentionally picked the Bills to punish & banish Brown, and to have fun with Allen lofting balls 10 feet out of bounds over his head. 

Then they started throwing Game of Thrones jokes in there about Brown going "beyond the wall" and fighting the white walkers in Buffalo. I mean this went on for at least an hour. They kept laughing too, because one of the hosts kept saying "no offense to Buffalo" right before he threw out another insult, and the other host called him on it. Too bad that just made it even funnier for them as they then began talking about how everyone from the Raiders to the Lions are a superior place to go compared to Buffalo.

Buffalo is likely thought of as the absolute least most desirable destination in the entire league by many folks around the country.

Is what it is.

Ahhh y’all are being too sensitive. Rotoworld is all about fantasy. Every perspective is for fantasy purposes. And for fantasy football purposes this would be a disaster for Antonio brown fantasy owners. We don’t throw enough to make AB a viable top receiver. That is all. Don’t read more into it. 

• Awesome! (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, Nextmanup said:

Buffalo is likely thought of as the absolute least most desirable destination in the entire league by many folks around the country.

Is what it is.

Many owners still cling to moving them, including a fat old drunk who pays slaves for sex.  These owners have many mouthpieces.

• Like (+1) 1

On 3/7/2019 at 11:51 PM, Dzom003 said:

They seem to always bash the Bills for some very odd reason. Someone lost their girl to a Bills fan is the obvious answer 

I think someone lost their mom to a Bills Mafia member.  Screw the naysayers and Bills bashers.  They can go eat a bag of demon penii.

Edited by Peace Frog
  • Haha (+1) 1

I've lived in Pittsburgh.  Outside of the downtown area it is a complete S'hole.  Abandoned industry everywhere, crappy little rust belt towns surrounding it.  It's like the Black Rock area of Buffalo, but it is the entire area, not just a little section.  Of all the places I've lived or spent considerable of time in, it was by far the worst.  Plus, with all the valleys and bridges it takes forever to get anywhere and traffic gets backed up everywhere too.  F Pittsburgh.

I lived in SD for 5 years.  Hated it when I got assigned, loved it when I left.  People don’t know anything but public perception that is usually from those who have never been.

Ever been to LA?  Now that’s a s hole.  But it’s the best of the best according to the media or night life.  Depends on what you like.  Young people with lots of money to spend want that nigh life.  

3 minutes ago, JinxedBill1 said:

I lived in SD for 5 years.  Hated it when I got assigned, loved it when I left.  People don’t know anything but public perception that is usually from those who have never been.

Ever been to LA?  Now that’s a s hole.  But it’s the best of the best according to the media or night life.  Depends on what you like.  Young people with lots of money to spend want that nigh life.  

I lived in LA for 8 years. It is one of the world’s great cities. I loved it, but not enough to live the rest of my life there. 

1 minute ago, dave mcbride said:

I lived in LA for 8 years. It is one of the world’s great cities. I loved it, but not enough to live the rest of my life there. 

Have you been there recently?  I used to hate LA, but over the last few years I've really grown to love it to the point where, next to NOLA, it's my favorite place to visit in the U.S.