REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

19 minutes ago, GreggTX said:

I'm not at all surprised this deal didn't go through. I don't blame Beane for trying, but at age 30, AB's skills will be on the decline going forward. I also  doubt guys like AB or even Tyrell Williams even want to come here. I know I'll get flamed for it, but why would a WR want to play with a QB that throws so many off target passes? I think the Jets would have a better shot at it.

Any other tricks in your bag ? 

Saying Josh Allen stinks in every post you make is getting stale.    

2 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

You do realize California is not only Southern California, San Diego, and the Bay area, right? I live in Fresno, which is pretty comparable in size to Buffalo. We get the same complaints, just like Buffalo from outsiders about nothing to do here etc...

I mentioned that wrong above though. What I should have said is, a $3-4,000 mortgage/month here will get you far more than a $3,-4,000/month mortgage there.

Example:

$500,000 house at .9% property tax (Ca avg) is $4,500 a year. Monthly payment is $1983.20 (It made me use an interest rate so I used 1%) $375 of which is to taxes-- $135,000 total going to the gov't during the mortgage.

To get a house with a similar payment in Buffalo you're looking at:

$410,000 at 1.880% property tax is $7,708 a year. Monthly payment is $1961.06 and $642.33 is going to taxes.

That's $90,000 in house you are not getting---- $231,240 in taxes going to the gov't during the 30 year mortgage.  Almost $100,000 in taxes MORE.

Oh and that same $500,000 house in Buffalo is $9,400 a year in taxes. Monthly payment is $2,391.53 with $783.33 going to taxes and $282,000 in taxes over the course of the mortgage.

OK OK... my head is spinning.

Yes, California is a large state with many nice places.  I’ve been to Fresno and all over the state - lived in San Francisco for seven years.

I’m glad you like it there in Fresno - it’s a beautiful place to live.  Plus no earthquakes or mudslides, though the wildfires affect the air quality.

And, BTW, God Bless your wife and all the good folks who work at Roswell.  They took great care of my brother, and they take excellent care of me.

19 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

Actually it did... it stemmed off the people suggesting taxes are an issue when an athlete is considering going to Buffalo. Some people were under the understanding property taxes were higher in Ca (since he may go to Oakland, which I know Oakland is only temp) than B-lo and I was giving examples that they are not.

Ya I saw the first post about it 4 pages ago but it gets to a point you hijack a thread. It can have a factor thread but not when it’s jsut the same people going back and forth about something not really relative .....I’m done tho not trying to hijack the thread was just making a point 

11 hours ago, Logic said:

The thing that drives me nuts about people knocking the city of Buffalo is that you never hear the same sort of crap about Cincy, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh, all of which are EASILY as "bad" as Buffalo. And as for the cold weather, people never seem to complain about Green Bay being "Siberia", despite the fact that I'd be willing to bet it has more snow games than Buffalo or at least an equal amount.

we just need to start winning. 

2 hours ago, The Senator said:

OK OK... my head is spinning.

Yes, California is a large state with many nice places.  I’ve been to Fresno and all over the state - lived in San Francisco for seven years.

I’m glad you like it there in Fresno - it’s a beautiful place to live.  Plus no earthquakes or mudslides, though the wildfires affect the air quality.

And, BTW, God Bless your wife and all the good folks who work at Roswell.  They took great care of my brother, and they take excellent care of me.

Sorry, I was bored and tired of studying, perhaps got a little carried away lol... Yes, Roswell is a wonderful place. I'm actually going to be doing rotations through the oncology unit here at the big children's hospital in a couple weeks. Not sure if I am man enough to be able to work in that environment. My wife was only able to for about 4 years and it took a toll on her. Anyways, I wish you the best in your battle. F#ck Cancer!

5 hours ago, Herc11 said:

My wife loved working there. We only moved because I was Active Duty AF and got orders. We actually contemplated going back to Buffalo when I retired, but those property taxes were a major issue for me. It's a shame cause we loved it there.

I don't think property taxes are the issue to the players... However state taxes are a HUGE issue. They are already taxed at 37% federally. You can go to PA and only add 3.07% onto that or you can go to Cali and add 13.3% on top (NY is 8.82%). Teams in those states have to pay the player significantly more to compensate for losses to taxes to equal teams from lower taxed states (or none, like FL and TX).

Check this article out.

https://www.foxbusiness.com/personal-finance/bryce-harpers-mega-millions-baseball-contract-how-it-compares-to-other-offers-after-taxes

Don't they only pay income tax for where where the games are played? So only 8 in NY, 1 guaranteed to be in NJ, Massachusetts, and Florida. 

Also in a salary cap league, the variance in which teams can offer is smaller. It's not like baseball.

Edited by Ol Dirty B

3 hours ago, Hebert19 said:

I actually still think we are 1 of 3 teams.  We now get a report that we were confident that he would come...I think it's all just posturing by both sides. 

I think the opposite now.

I believe last night we genuinely were, but then Brown started getting blasted on social media by thousands of people & all around the sports talk world. Then he caught wind, threw out his disapproval, and the Bills realized if Brown felt this strongly against coming to the Bills, this probably wasn't a battle worth fighting.

And even if we somehow coaxed him to sign by throwing a ton of money at him, it's still not going to make him enjoy the city or buy into the team any more than before, so why risk him taking the cash & settling for the bare minimum?

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Ol Dirty B said:

Don't they only pay income tax for where where the games are played? So only 8 in NY, 1 guaranteed to be in NJ, Massachusetts, and Florida. 

Also in a salary cap league, the variance in which teams can offer is smaller. It's not like baseball.

Yes, they pay where they play. So you have to figure half of your games are taxed at that rate with the possibility of more in the playoffs. I believe the contract is divided up per game, at least that's what people always make it sound like. I just used Bryce Harper because it was recent and a huge contract. Pretty crazy when you see how much they get taken out. Going from like near $30 mil annually to an actual take home of like $14 mil.

I'm sure they get some pretty good accountants to help with tax breaks. Makes you wonder about the true purpose of some of the charities players start. I'm not suggesting all. I do realize some like Kelly's were started due to a personal situation.

15 minutes ago, BigDingus said:

I think the opposite now.

I believe last night we genuinely were, but then Brown started getting blasted on social media by thousands of people & all around the sports talk world. Then he caught wind, threw out his disapproval, and the Bills realized if Brown felt this strongly against coming to the Bills, this probably wasn't a battle worth fighting.

And even if we somehow coaxed him to sign by throwing a ton of money at him, it's still not going to make him enjoy the city or buy into the team any more than before, so why risk him taking the cash & settling for the bare minimum?

Yea that post saying they feel more confident we are one of three teams is pretty much denial.

• Like (+1) 1

4 hours ago, Herc11 said:

Sorry, I was bored and tired of studying, perhaps got a little carried away lol... Yes, Roswell is a wonderful place. I'm actually going to be doing rotations through the oncology unit here at the big children's hospital in a couple weeks. Not sure if I am man enough to be able to work in that environment. My wife was only able to for about 4 years and it took a toll on her. Anyways, I wish you the best in your battle. F#ck Cancer!

My best to you as well.  I can imagine how difficult it is for all medical professionals to see patients suffer, but see the children suffering and dying from this awful disease must be heartbreaking.  I know it breaks my own heart when I see them.

Keep up the good work, and keep the faith.

10 hours ago, MPT said:

If Beane worked out a deal with the Steelers and then told Rosenhaus he wouldn't give Brown the highest WR salary, then it's definitely Beane walking away. That's what it looks like right now.

I don't think Beane offered Brown $19 mil / year and Brown turned it down. That would be the only way you could see it as a rejection.

You can believe whatever you want but the Bills had to go into the deal at the start knowing AB wanted to get paid because he said so on national TV. It's more likely AB laughed at the idea of being on the Bills.

2 hours ago, Coach Tuesday said:

Says the guy who said the same thing about Tyrod in every single post for several years straight...

19 yards and a bench ???

Bums gonna Bum.  

Josh Allen’s 7th year won’t look anything like this ???