REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

2 minutes ago, Leonhart2017 said:

Yoh man I have never been there but my friends have I definitely believe that story from what I have heard about that place!

Too many bad stories to tell about that bar, so many fights in that place and the bouncers were just as bad. A lot of WWF wrestlers would go there Stone Cold, Goldberg and Big Sexy to name a few. My brothers girlfriend owned a limo company at the time and we would be so messed up at this bar.

7 hours ago, CuddyDark said:

You want it to be Beane walked away but it's more likely Beane was rejected.

If Beane worked out a deal with the Steelers and then told Rosenhaus he wouldn't give Brown the highest WR salary, then it's definitely Beane walking away. That's what it looks like right now.

I don't think Beane offered Brown $19 mil / year and Brown turned it down. That would be the only way you could see it as a rejection.

29 minutes ago, BillsSB2020 said:

If the Bills were willing to make the deal, which they were by all accounts, there is no reason to believe they wouldn't give him a slight bump in salary considering they have all the cap space in the world.

AB didn't want to come to Buffalo. It is what it is.

Again, I think it has less to do with playing in Buffalo than it does Beane not giving him the moon. If that's the case, I think Beane should be applauded for sticking to his guns instead of breaking the bank.

44 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

It actually is the case, he did say in more words or less, screw Buffalo

This tweet doesn’t make sense to me. What am I misunderstanding here? 

If Antonio Brown went on Instagram live and said that, why would this guy need to say “per sources”?  

I’m not too familiar with instagram, but If AB actually said that on Instagram live, wouldn’t it have been widely reported? 

Who’s twitter account is that anyway? The handle says “Mission to bring the best FA to NOLA for Brees. He DESERVES more than just one ring. Let's make it happen.”

43 minutes ago, Herc11 said:

I could say the same for NYC. The fact is LA, SD, and SF represent a minuscule part of California. I used $100,000 because that was an easy number. I'll show you a $500,000 house where I live and a $500,000 house in Buffalo will pail in comparison and will run significantly more in taxes.

Doubt it, unless you live somewhere like Temecula.  Then, they’d be roughly the same house, only you’d be stuck way out in Temecula.

When your money is going to materials, construction, and land you get much more bang for your buck than when its going to the government. Plus there is that little part where the house and land can increase in value and you can make more. When that value goes up in Buffalo you just pay more and more in taxes.

I bought a great townhouse in downtown Buffalo, right on the lake, in 1999 for $120K, sold it a few years ago for $380.  Taxes didn’t go up that much, because it was never re-assessed while I owned it.

With everything that’s going on downtown and on our waterfront these days, I regret it. In a couple of years, it could fetch $500K.  Plus it was 10-15 minutes away from everything, including Ralph Wilson Stadium.

If you buy the right property, it will always appreciate, no matter where.

Edited by The Senator

15 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

If Antonio Brown went on Instagram live and said that, why would this guy need to say “per sources”?  

I’m not too familiar with instagram, but If AB actually said that on Instagram live, wouldn’t it have been widely reported? 

Who’s twitter account is that anyway? The handle says “Mission to bring the best FA to NOLA for Brees. He DESERVES more than just one ring. Let's make it happen.”

This tweet is fake news 

11 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

IG Live is a real time feed, so if this DaBossJohn guy is not on IG Live, someone who is probably has to send him the real time feed - copy and paste.  That would explain his sources comment.  I'm not on IG, IG Live, Twitter, etc; I just read how it works since I was curious.

This twitter account is, from what I can tell, some guy (DaBossJohn) who is obviously at least a big Saints fan.  Don't know how much more than him being a fan, though he mentioned knowing someone/having contacts in the organization in one of his tweets a while back.  He was right about AB not going to Buffalo when we were all giddy from the Rappaport and NFLN breaking news that said a deal was near done.  So we'll see.

• Like (+1) 1

1 minute ago, Hebert19 said:

I actually still think we are 1 of 3 teams.  We now get a report that we were confident that he would come...I think it's all just posturing by both sides. 

I actually believe the same thing and we will finalize it tomorrow. 

• Like (+1) 1

19 minutes ago, Happy Gilmore said:

IG Live is a real time feed, so if this DaBossJohn guy is not on IG Live, someone who is probably has to send him the real time feed - copy and paste.  That would explain his sources comment.  I'm not on IG, IG Live, Twitter, etc; I just read how it works since I was curious.

This twitter account is, from what I can tell, some guy (DaBossJohn) who is obviously at least a big Saints fan.  Don't know how much more than him being a fan, though he mentioned knowing someone/having contacts in the organization in one of his tweets a while back.  He was right about AB not going to Buffalo when we were all giddy from the Rappaport and NFLN breaking news that said a deal was near done.  So we'll see.

Thanks. I figured instagram live was probably the same thing as Facebook live. 

Well... I’m sure we will find out. I would imagine it will be reported by a bunch of the major sports news outlets if he actually did say that about buffalo. That’s the type of quote that makes headlines. I would guess that there were numerous sports reporters watching his IG live broadcasts. 

• Like (+1) 1

2 minutes ago, BillsFan4 said:

Thanks. I figured instagram live was probably the same thing as Facebook live. 

Well... I’m sure we will find out. I would imagine it will be reported by a bunch of the major sports news outlets if he actually did say that about buffalo. That’s the type of quote that makes headlines. I would guess that there were numerous sports reporters watching his IG live broadcasts. 

IMO, New Orleans makes a lot of sense, maybe the most sense.  They are in the NFC so Pitt won't have to face AB and they have an open window to get to the SB.  More so than GB since there will be some growing pains with a new coach.

32 minutes ago, The Senator said:

Doubt it, unless you live somewhere like Temecula.  Then, they’d be roughly the same house, only you’d be stuck way out in Temecula. 

I bought a great townhouse in downtown Buffalo, right on the lake, in 1999 for $120K, sold it a few years ago for $380.  Taxes didn’t go up that much, because it was never re-assessed while I owned it.

With everything that’s going on downtown and on our waterfront these days, I regret it. In a couple of years, it could fetch $500K.  Plus it was 10-15 minutes away from everything, including Ralph Wilson Stadium.

If you buy the right property, it will always appreciate, no matter where.

You do realize California is not only Southern California, San Diego, and the Bay area, right? I live in Fresno, which is pretty comparable in size to Buffalo. We get the same complaints, just like Buffalo from outsiders about nothing to do here etc...

I mentioned that wrong above though. What I should have said is, a $3-4,000 mortgage/month here will get you far more than a $3,-4,000/month mortgage there.

Example:

$500,000 house at .9% property tax (Ca avg) is $4,500 a year. Monthly payment is $1983.20 (It made me use an interest rate so I used 1%) $375 of which is to taxes-- $135,000 total going to the gov't during the mortgage.

To get a house with a similar payment in Buffalo you're looking at:

$410,000 at 1.880% property tax is $7,708 a year. Monthly payment is $1961.06 and $642.33 is going to taxes.

That's $90,000 in house you are not getting---- $231,240 in taxes going to the gov't during the 30 year mortgage.  Almost $100,000 in taxes MORE.

Oh and that same $500,000 house in Buffalo is $9,400 a year in taxes. Monthly payment is $2,391.53 with $783.33 going to taxes and $282,000 in taxes over the course of the mortgage.

I'm not at all surprised this deal didn't go through. I don't blame Beane for trying, but at age 30, AB's skills will be on the decline going forward. I also  doubt guys like AB or even Tyrell Williams even want to come here. I know I'll get flamed for it, but why would a WR want to play with a QB that throws so many off target passes? I think the Jets would have a better shot at it.

Just now, mikemac2001 said:

Stop bickering back and forth if it’s just you guys fighting do it in DM 

post doesnt need to be bumped bc you got your feel feels hurt

People do come here to converse, correct? I mean that is the whole premise of a message board. Also, people can disagree in a conversation without it being an argument. Shocking, I know.

1 minute ago, Herc11 said:

People do come here to converse, correct? I mean that is the whole premise of a message board. Also, people can disagree in a conversation without it being an argument. Shocking, I know.

Yes but I mean sometimes it goes off topic and can become annoying. Just like this it has nothing to do with AB 

3 minutes ago, mikemac2001 said:

Yes but I mean sometimes it goes off topic and can become annoying. Just like this it has nothing to do with AB 

Actually it did... it stemmed off the people suggesting taxes are an issue when an athlete is considering going to Buffalo. Some people were under the understanding property taxes were higher in Ca (since he may go to Oakland, which I know Oakland is only temp) than B-lo and I was giving examples that they are not.

Edited by Herc11