REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

Just now, JimmyNoodles said:

If AB backed out, he made a mistake. I think we're on the path to being pretty good.  If we backed out because we wouldn't overpay then we're smart. That's how you create the path. Decisions have to be dispassionate. I think Beane is smart...takes chances but doesn't go overboard.

Trying to follow this logic

If the player backed out he made a mistake?  But if the team backed out they made a smart choice?

couldn't the player have also made a smart business choice if they backed out?

Man there are some sad takes in this thread. It's not that complicated. We agreed with Steelers on trade compensation with a basic understanding of what it might take to extend Brown. AB's agent, Drew Rosenhaus, leaked the trade to the media to put pressure on the Bills to up their offer and get a deal done now as this is when their leverage is the highest. When we wouldn't meet their demands, Brown took to twiiter saying he'd never report. Bills balked at the whole situation and backed away. It has nothing to do with how he feels or doesn't feel about Buffalo. Why do people insist on acting like spurned teenagers??  

Edited by VW82
  • Like (+1) 1

43 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

Sounds like we were negotiating and he wanted more money than OBJ (I am assuming Tyreek as well). According to Albert Breer, we did not want to pay that much...

Ok that makes me feel better. I hope that's what happened. Just gets annoying to hear people think they have another excuse to dump on Buffalo. 

38 minutes ago, Logic said:

The thing that drives me nuts about people knocking the city of Buffalo is that you never hear the same sort of crap about Cincy, Cleveland, or Pittsburgh, all of which are EASILY as "bad" as Buffalo. And as for the cold weather, people never seem to complain about Green Bay being "Siberia", despite the fact that I'd be willing to bet it has more snow games than Buffalo or at least an equal amount.

The Cincy, Cleveland and Pittsburgh metro areas are all roughly 2.5X as large as Buffalo (annual GDP).   Meaning, there's twice as much to do. 

And Green Bay, being on the western side of Lake Michigan, gets a lot less snow (51" vs. 93" in Buffalo)...

Edited by Lurker
  • Like (+1) 1

What I would like to commend Beane for is not hanging onto this thing like a dog hangs onto the last part of a bone being ripped away from him........and not getting the focus turned around and hitting free agency/other trades hard.

They make a stab at it.....it didnt work out....onto the next player.....I dont care if AB is the best WR in the league now....I care about adding talent to this team......and maybe...JUST maybe when Josh Allen is throwing bombs to whoever we DO get and Antonio Brown is spirling out down the bunny hole as the years progress Brown looks back at what could have been for him.....but its all water off a ducks back now.

Next player please

• Thank you (+1) 1

4 minutes ago, Lurker said:

The Cincy, Cleveland and Pittsburgh metro areas are all roughly twice as large as Buffalo.   Meaning, there's twice as much to do. 

Or, it could simply mean that there’s twice as much area in which there’s nothing to do ?

Edited by The Senator
  • Haha (+1) 1

17 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Trying to follow this logic

If the player backed out he made a mistake?  But if the team backed out they made a smart choice?

couldn't the player have also made a smart business choice if they backed out?

Yes, the player could have made a smart choice if he gets the money he wants somewhere else.    

5 hours ago, JoshAllenHasBigHands said:

It was the night before their wedding.  I can't imagine how you think that makes a difference. 

Poyer is a cheater, for sure, but that doesn't mean for a moment that he isn't possessive over his wife.  

I guarantee he cares. 

He cares so much that he was banging a Buff coed this past summer at camp.

He doesn't care.

• Thank you (+1) 1

Just now, MAJBobby said:

At the end of the day. This all stops ONCE the Bills build a consistent winner. 

This is exactly right.  I couldn’t imagine (I was too young to understand the business side of football) that the late 80s to early 90s Bills teams would’ve had a problem luring top talent to put them over the top.  

Again, I was younger back then, so maybe there’s an example of that happening (a player refusing to come here).  Im talking after Kelly and the Bills as a whole were established.

1 hour ago, MAJBobby said:

Its ok.  I know it is hard for you to understand that you can be critical of things and still be a fan of the team.  It is OK.  

Also it is also OK that if you do not want to read something critical you do not have too.

You didn't say this to me, but this is true.  Its absolutely ok to be critical and be a fan.  

2 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

Dormant?

If you must know seeing you have some infatuation with me.  I recently retried from Army, took a nice three month trip to Europe with the family from Nov-Jan, landed a new job as a defense contractor, took time to get another PM certification.  And now around the time offseason picks up for a bit I decided to post.

So saw this, thought it was a good move, hope it signifies a shift in the typical buffalo mindset for how to play the game.  And of course see a bunch of very thinly skinned Bills fans upset that a top flight WR said NOPE I will not play on your team (so posted I see his point).  I am sorry all these thin skinned Bills fans cannot.  For such a "hardworking" "blue collar" "lunch pale" fan base there are a lot of rice paper thin skins here.

I don't have anything close to an infatuation with you.  And please, you know exactly what I am talking about, so the retirement story is irrelevant.  I am talking your entire time on this board, not just the last 3 months.  And you know this because I have said this to you before.  

3 hours ago, MAJBobby said:

If you read everything I wrote on it I am not upset AB said Nope.  I understand why he said Nope and refuse to flame him for that, it just seems that makes me the bad guy here again.

Ok...so this is the quote that made me want to reply in general here to you.  I am actually only doing this because under this negative Nancy act you do all the time, there is a person in there that could be a better contributor to the board.  

Here is my issue.  You are no where near as vocal during the "good" times, big weeks, etc than you are the moment you sniff something negative.  Once you do, you never let up.  You want to pile on all your years of a disappointed fan into one single moment or topic to no end.  Then when you schtick wears thin with other posters, many of which are respected and good posters around here, you love to play the "victim" card.  Youre now the "bad guy" for being "honest" and all that schtick.  

Truthfully, when you are not being a whiney ex scorned lover ranting and spewing negativity to no end, you are actually a good poster.  Its unfortunate that is not nearly  as common as these negative rabbit holes you like to force or drag people into.  I have multiple times commended on good posts/dialogue where you are not discussing things with your s**t covered goggles on and being more objective.  

Even in this thread you went to the brink of utter ridiculousness on what you wanted to pile onto this singular event.  You have also tried to back pedal since while simultaneously trying to be negative and also be a victim all at the same time.  You get upset at how you are painted as a poster yet take know accountability on how you come across, especially when being negatively condescending to sell an over the top negative narrative.  

You don't want to be the bad guy, then don't spend so much time talking like a scorned ex lover and spend more time engaging in better dialogue, because when you do, you get a lot more respect around here.  And that doesn't mean you have to have rose colored glasses on or not be critical, skeptical, etc.  

And you can take my comments or not take my comments...I mean I am nobody, just another poster on a stupid message board.  But I am just giving you my honest feedback.

Edited by Alphadawg7
  • Awesome! (+1) 1
  • Thank you (+1) 1

7 hours ago, PromoTheRobot said:

If AB didn't want to come here then best it worked out this way. Who needs the attitude? He probably is holding out for the Pats. They're offering a 7th.

Brady is something like 9 - 2 against AB.  I doubt they want this diva.