REPORT: Steelers trading Antonio Brown to Bills! - Per Ian Rapoport (Hold up....maybe, maybe not....) EDIT: DEAL NOT HAPPENING PER BRANDON BEANE - UPDATE: Traded to Raiders

sven233

1 minute ago, Reed83HOF said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/08/antonio-brown-steelers-bills-failed-trade-fallout

Brown may not want to go to Buffalo, but there’s more to it than the locale. Another team involved in trade discussions earlier in the week, I’m told, walked because it was communicated to them that Brown wanted, again, to be the NFL’s highest-paid receiver under a new contract. My understanding is money was a factor for the Bills, too.

Sshhhh...the AB ballwashers don’t want to hear this.

• Haha (+1) 2

I’m hoping the Steelers are forced to keep this clown just to see what happens. Doubt he has the balls to walk back in the dressing room but also think it will be hard for him to give back over 10 million to them. 

8 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Yes the typical you are not a fan because you are pointing out something negative about the team

I rarely agree with you about football topics, but I totally understand this comment. A lot of people around here simply can not handle criticism. I wish we could have debates without one side resorting to the "you're not a real fan" trope.

I also agree with you that the Bills are probably not at the top of a lot of offensive playmakers' lists due to their own actions (or inactions).

However, I'm still glad he didn't end up here. He might have been a great player for us, but he also could have just been another malcontent. Wasn't worth the risk to me, considering the salary he'd demand. Brown was a sixth round pick-- there's no reason we can't find our own guy in the draft. Let's just hope they do.

• Awesome! (+1) 1

Just now, oldmanfan said:

That presupposes someone has a mind to actually read.

Its ok.  I know it is hard for you to understand that you can be critical of things and still be a fan of the team.  It is OK.  

Also it is also OK that if you do not want to read something critical you do not have too.

5 minutes ago, MPT said:

I rarely agree with you about football topics, but I totally understand this comment. A lot of people around here simply can not handle criticism. I wish we could have debates without one side resorting to the "you're not a real fan" trope.

I also agree with you that the Bills are probably not at the top of a lot of offensive playmakers' lists due to their own actions (or inactions).

However, I'm still glad he didn't end up here. He might have been a great player for us, but he also could have just been another malcontent. Wasn't worth the risk to me, considering the salary he'd demand. Brown was a sixth round pick-- there's no reason we can't find our own guy in the draft. Let's just hope they do.

If people go back to what I initially said about AB when he first requested a trade they would see where I am at.

Just to refresh everyone I was on board as long as the trade did not come with a new fat contract.  It seems like that new fat contract was not offered and one reason why AB didn't want to come.  I am also not upset about Bills actually taking the swing, heck swing more, call NYG, CINCY and ATL. and what is funny is I am not being critical of the try.  Just pointing out the perception that has been built over decades and this regime currently has done little to eliminate

I just am pointing out to those that have these nice rose glasses that yes players can and will say No.  And yes Buffalo and their utilization of WRs is a factor in that, they don't want to hear it though and then that is when the band of three so on their you are not a fan offensive.

Edited by MAJBobby

What else are they going to spend the money on? How often do you get a shot at an elite talent in their prime? But I guess the decision to go with journeymen, role players, and draft day reaches has to pay off sometime. Build that culture McBeane. Build that culture.

5 minutes ago, BananaB said:

I’m hoping the Steelers are forced to keep this clown just to see what happens. Doubt he has the balls to walk back in the dressing room but also think it will be hard for him to give back over 10 million to them. 

Unfortunately, if the Steelers can’t trade him, AB will most likely be released and become an UFA, which is exactly what he’s wanted all along.

1 minute ago, mannc said:

Unfortunately, if the Steelers can’t trade him, AB will most likely be released and become an UFA, which is exactly what he’s wanted all along.

If I had my druthers I'd have the steelers put him on the pine and let him languish.

Just now, jkirchofer said:

What else are they going to spend the money on? How often do you get a shot at an elite talent in their prime? But I guess the decision to go with journeymen, role players, and draft day reaches has to pay off sometime. Build that culture McBeane. Build that culture.

They will overpay for a Star.  Though I am happy they took the swing here, as I have said and will continue to say SWING more.  You don't land the punch you don't throw.  Call NYG, CINCY and ATL

2 minutes ago, MAJBobby said:

Its ok.  I know it is hard for you to understand that you can be critical of things and still be a fan of the team.  It is OK.  

Also it is also OK that if you do not want to read something critical you do not have too.

Yeah - I tend to value your opinion MAJBobby because it differs from that of the majority.  It's not just that though - you also tend to have your opinion rooted in stats/analysis or in things that others may try and turn their eyes away from.  At the same time, on Sundays - you root for the team to win.  I hate people that want to be right so badly that they are willing to root against their own team to prove their point.  I don't think that you think this way. 

You've just been let down for.. however long you have been alive and continue to support the team anyway.  I think the new regime has shown that it has an idea where it stands as a franchise in the NFL, and have gone about trying to rebuild that perception.  Until they do, I entirely support your opinion to have a negative opinion of the front office.  The Bills have burned every one of us... so many times.  They've hired idiots, done things for money purposes only, and have been playing catch-up for like 20 years.  

• Thank you (+1) 1

9 minutes ago, Reed83HOF said:

https://www.si.com/nfl/2019/03/08/antonio-brown-steelers-bills-failed-trade-fallout

Brown may not want to go to Buffalo, but there’s more to it than the locale. Another team involved in trade discussions earlier in the week, I’m told, walked because it was communicated to them that Brown wanted, again, to be the NFL’s highest-paid receiver under a new contract. My understanding is money was a factor for the Bills, too.

How the Bills’ talks went down help to illustrate that. Buffalo first inquired about Brown on Tuesday, and talks went in a positive direction between the two teams from there. Positive enough, in fact, that the Bills got permission to discuss the deal with Brown’s agent, Drew Rosenhaus.

By early Friday morning, things had come undone. How? Two things had to come together for a deal to be done: the trade comp had to be agreed to—and I’m told the sides were in the ballpark on that—and the team acquiring the player has to make sure everything’s right with the player (a process that would eventually, for example, include a physical), and it wasn’t.

The Bills could have offered Brown more than Odell Beckham Jr. is getting in New York, as the NFL’s most richly compensated receiver, and maybe that would’ve convinced Brown to play there. They didn’t offer that, and the deal is now dead.

Hmmm...so Brown wanted more money and, like the other teams that also explored a trade, the Bills thought Pittsburgh’s asking price was too high?

I’m confused - others are insisting those two factors had nothing to do with the deal not getting done ?

2 minutes ago, jkirchofer said:

Breaking the bank for a 31 year old with a Whaley-type long term contract & ton of guaranteed ?, who is one of the least “team oriented” divas we’ve ever seen? Yep, I’ll stick with the process happily as we move forward in FA and the draft. We will be just fine without him, mark it down. But again, they took a shot, can’t be mad at them either way. 

• Like (+1) 2

2 minutes ago, NoHuddleKelly12 said:

Breaking the bank for a 31 year old with a Whaley-type long term contract & ton of guaranteed ?, who is one of the least “team oriented” divas we’ve ever seen? Yep, I’ll stick with the process happily as we move forward in FA and the draft. We will be just fine without him, mark it down. But again, they took a shot, can’t be mad at them either way. 

From the top turnbuckle!!

• Haha (+1) 1